FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 16, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #1,951 of 2,793
About the Canal Works "Cat's paws", wide bore version, tips :

IMG_20220816_094842.jpg

Don't push them all the way onto the cannula, otherwise they won't work properly.

For good measure, I also tried JVC Spiral Dots with the gel put in, Crystal, ditto, ...

But in the very end, these cat's paws, wide bore, give the best results (transparency, balance, definition, underlay - quantity and quality -, tones, holography, insulation, etc.).

Home run, if we fit it, of course.

If you're opting for the Xelastec's, you can push them completely. 👍

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,952 of 2,793
About the Canal Works "Cat's paws", wide bore version, tips :

IMG_20220816_094842.jpg

Don't push them all the way onto the cannula, otherwise they won't work properly.

For good measure, I also tried JVC Spiral Dots with the gel put in, Crystal, ditto, ...

But in the very end, these cat's paws, wide bore, give the best results (transparency, balance, definition, underlay - quantity and quality -, tones, holography, insulation, etc.).

Home run, if we fit it, of course.

If you're opting for the Xelastec's, you can push them completely. 👍

I'm tempted by those tips, these are the ones Canal Works CWU-GDECS?

Aug 16, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #1,953 of 2,793
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #1,955 of 2,793
For me, with wide bore tips, such as Spiral Dot, Sedna and Xelastec, or Moondrop Spring, it gives a certain hardness to the FH9 (with black filters), it's almost "screaming", more fatiguing.

So, for my tastes, the SpinFit delivered with the FH9 or Final E have my preference.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #1,956 of 2,793
As always : no universal rules with tips. Just try and then make the right decision 😉

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #1,957 of 2,793
For me, with wide bore tips, such as Spiral Dot, Sedna and Xelastec, or Moondrop Spring, it gives a certain hardness to the FH9 (with black filters), it's almost "screaming", more fatiguing.

So, for my tastes, the SpinFit delivered with the FH9 or Final E have my preference.
I love that 😂
Maybe that's why I listen to the music I listen to...

Aug 17, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #1,958 of 2,793
Indeed.
Maybe a $3 IEM is enough for metalhead...The quest for the audiophile Holy Grail is hopeless for us.

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #1,959 of 2,793
Quick question!

just bought a pair of these to take over from my old Shure SE846's

I love the sound, but I can't find a good fit, on my Shures I used long triple flange tips as I have deep ear canals. the double flange that comes with the headphones work, but not a tight fit, all the other normal ones just won't go in, and the sound is terrible, so I need something longer from the nozzle.

I've googled everything and cant even find out what the nozzle size is on the FiiO's.... never mind find triple flanges that will fit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Paul

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,960 of 2,793
Aug 18, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #1,961 of 2,793
These look about the same size as the ones that come with it (the double flange ones)

But Ill look into the other Spinfits, I have tried them before with some old Dunu's

maybe my ears just need to get used to them, but when I push in a bit sound does sound more 'meaty'

Thanks

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #1,962 of 2,793
These look about the same size as the ones that come with it (the double flange ones)

But Ill look into the other Spinfits, I have tried them before with some old Dunu's

maybe my ears just need to get used to them, but when I push in a bit sound does sound more 'meaty'

Thanks
FYI the foam that come with them (as the one that come with the FA9) are really bad. I never heard any foam in my live that kils the sound so hard.

So you might want give any other Foams than the ones that come with the FH9 a try. I use the Moondrop ones on my FA9 and the result is magnificent. AIRISM sounded excellent too.

So if you have been disappointed by the stock foam, its those specific foams. So my advice, if you have fit issues, would be get some good foam and most likely all your issues are solved

Aug 18, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #1,963 of 2,793
Hmm! It's not cool to contradict what I said earlier. I am deeply hurt... :D

But fortunately :
As always : no universal rules with tips. Just try and then make the right decision 😉

Aug 18, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #1,964 of 2,793
Listening to my FH9 driven by an M17 and they just don't stop blowing my mind. Looking forward to an evening of better listening through chemistry tomorrow with this pairing! 😍

Aug 20, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #1,965 of 2,793
Bought FH9 recently and package arrived today with missing tape that holds the wires inside box. Missing one ear tip in earphone. One side earphone hangs with a filter. No inner compartment that you pull down to see the connector. image

Man was so disappointed. I bought directly from Fiio website too and got like a used/tampered product. https://www.fiio.co.in/.

I have mailed origin marketing but they said they'll wait till monday to forward this to fiio.

Anyone know how their customer service is?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back