FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #1,936 of 2,806
This one seems to be very good too. :beyersmile:
It depends on everyone's taste.
Both have their own qualities, but they are quite differents.
I probably won't listen the same kind of music with FD7 and FH9.

Jul 27, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #1,937 of 2,806
Hum... Not good in my book.

For me an iem mustn't be "music dependant", or "style dependant".

This is for this reason I like so much the Fh9.

Aug 8, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #1,938 of 2,806
Hello. Has anyone compared FiiO FH9 VS Shanling ME800/ Dunu Zen Pro/ Dunu EST112? These have almost similar graph

My preference: forward vocal, big soundstage, good detail and separation, rumble sub bass, punchy mid bass, airy but non fatiguing treble, no harsh cymbal, ..

1659945137205.png

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #1,939 of 2,806
Hello. Has anyone compared FiiO FH9 VS Shanling ME800/ Dunu Zen Pro/ Dunu EST112? These have almost similar graph

My preference: forward vocal, big soundstage, good detail and separation, rumble sub bass, punchy mid bass, airy but non fatiguing treble, no harsh cymbal, ..

No for the comp, but :

You can go for it, eyes wide shut. :beerchug:

Aug 11, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #1,940 of 2,806
Received my FH9 in black few weeks ago, and have been tip-rolling like crazy to get my ideal sound.
I must say, driven by the M17 this is a very enjoyable IEM. For me, it is a nice blend of a reference and fun sound experience. The thing that I noticed the most, is that for me, the low-end can be on the verge of basshead, but at the same time restrain itself beautifully. It all depends on what the music calls for, and FH9 executes perfectly to my ears. D&B/EDM/Dubstep are thumping, thick and (literally) moving, while orchestral or acoustic is very open and engaging with loads of airy details.

I would call it an actual high(er)-end allrounder.

Aug 12, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #1,941 of 2,806
DSC-0389.jpg

I published my review recently, https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh9.25603/reviews#review-28964

Yesterday I had the chance to listen to the FH9 with the Cayin N8ii, and holy crap does it sound amazing! There is no edge or aggressiveness like there is with the iBasso DX300 MAX and DX300. I guess now I understand why people say that iBasso players are very analytical. This is one of the few cases where I found myself enjoying a warmer source.

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #1,942 of 2,806
Eh, eh... The word is getting out... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :beerchug:

Aug 13, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,943 of 2,806
FH9 + wide gel cat's paws (Canal Works tips) + black filter = Uber exceptional.........

Don't say afterwards that you didn't know about it. 😋

Joking aside, I've done quite a bit of tips rolling, and it's a real pleasure: everything works. Everything.

But to varying degrees.

Now with these Canal Works tips cat's paws, gel version, in wide bore, tones reach a superlative quality, becoming more organic (texture) than with any other tips I tried.

And also, they take on a just phenomenal DENSITY.... including the LOW END... which... laces up like the dogs of hell 😱😂

I haven't tried the tape thing with the decompression hole yet, but frankly this is just telluric.

And icing on the cake = zero haze. Transparency, crystal clarity, balance, speed, power, etc. Perfection.

In short, it is superlative. 🤯

One of the best listening, even THE best listening that I ever made with uiem's, all prices or techno confused.👌👏👍

That's it.😎

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #1,944 of 2,806

Ive got the the EST112 and FH9

Dunu is relaxed, FH9 is engaging.
The bass on the FH9 hits a little bit harder, more dry than a the dunu laid back version.

Ur preferences will be something between both. Maybe a FH7 with Eq...

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,947 of 2,806
Definitely not FD7 for me. Because it can't fit my ears. Same goes to Sony IER-Z1R
The IER-Z1R is an pain to fit, yes. But lots of IEMs are surprisingly hard to fit.

The most comfortable i've found so far have been the Final ones. For me personally the E5000 is the IEM that i can wear pretty much as long as i want without getting incomfortable. In terms of comfort its followed by the A4000.

I haven't tried the B-Series yet, im saving up for an B1 but i assume it will be similar. So if comfort is your biggest issue, you should give the Finals an try.

My girlfriend also has fitting issues with IEM, but completely different than me. While most IEM are a bit too big for my ear, most IEM are too small for her ears. The only ones that fit us both well are the Final ones.

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #1,948 of 2,806
We can note the fh9 are an absolute bliss to fit.

One of the easiest uiem I know. Tips frendly too : no real miss, but as always, you need to try diverse tips. The Canal Works "cat's paw", gel and wide bore version are just awesome with.

Just they are on the heavy side (In comparison with...)

Aug 15, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #1,949 of 2,806
What do you think - FH5s Pro vs Shure Aonic 5? I heard Aonic could be better sounding one but the overall design, cables...overall looks like very cheap piece - makes me really think about FiiO, depending how much sound quality I would sacrifice for a far better look&feel. Or maybe FH7 or FA9? Can get any of them for nearly same price..

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #1,950 of 2,806
Subway test brilliantly reported, with mention.

The isolation is nevertheless not the most total that I know, but... nevertheless nothing is missing, the low end is there, etc.

And cherry on the cake, including at low listening volume 😎👉👍

These fh9s work excellently at every sound levels: dynamics, vitality, timbres (texture, weight, density...). Nts. 😎

Otherwise, I have double bad news:

In the very noisy setting of the Paris subway (lines 12 and 13 lol 😂), the tips, at least for me, that work the best (sound and isolation) are:

1/ Canal Works "Cat's paws", wide bore version = Uber perfect. Nts. The results are just fan-tas-ti-ques. Mind blowing. 🤯. But it's expensive, you have to order it from Japan (Amazon japan)... And so you have to fit it (just 3 sizes available). 😳
2/ Sedna... Xelastec (I know... 😱😅) = really excellent, but less colorless and transparent than cat paws (and other things, but these are the main things). But it's quite expensive, it's not durable...

Otherwise, what can I say?

To me at least it looks like an end game. Yes... Every price, every technologies... Yes.

I listen to every all music's style : no fault, no fail.

There are other things, different, but by themselves, these FH9 with the right tips, are an endgame in my opinion which I share. 👉💀☠️🤤

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back