FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 3, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,103 of 2,767
Personally, I have a very low regard for Bad Guy Good Audio. Don't care for his know it all attitude and preachy tone. He's another reviewer who only uses studio music for comparisons. No matter how many times you listen to the same studio recordings, you will never really know which headphone is the most accurate and truest to the original recording. You may prefer one headphone over another or think one is more accurate, but you can never know for sure which one is correct. I can guarantee you that if there was a headphone or iem that was able to reproduce a perfect replica of any source, a large number of people would still find things they felt were wrong with it.

May 3, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #1,104 of 2,767
Personally, I have a very low regard for Bad Guy Good Audio. Don't care for his know it all attitude and preachy tone. He's another reviewer who only uses studio music for comparisons. No matter how many times you listen to the same studio recordings, you will never really know which headphone is the most accurate and truest to the original recording. You may prefer one headphone over another or think one is more accurate, but you can never know for sure which one is correct. I can guarantee you that if there was a headphone or iem that was able to reproduce a perfect replica of any source, a large number of people would still find things they felt were wrong with it.
I agree, i want to hear more reviews before i make judgement.

May 4, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #1,106 of 2,767
My tastes seem to not align with his, going off previous tried earphones and the ranking he has. However, I do think he is a good reviewer in general and - especially if your tastes do align - he's a valuable source of information. I don't think most people are looking for the most accurate and truest sound, but mostly to the most appealing sound to them which is subjective. If the goal was to sound as true to the original recording as possible, there would be one standard for mixing and mastering and all headphones/earphones would sound more or less the same and only significantly differ on technicalities.
Waiting for more reviews is always a good idea, you should never base your purchases on a single reviewer.

May 4, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #1,109 of 2,767
Hey all, any of you FH3 lovers rocking them with a BTR5 care to share their preferred listening levels?
In High gain I usually listen between 25 and 35 depending on the dynamics of a song.
I am trying some Low gain tonight and Tech House slams superb at 33.
Am I going deaf? 😋 BTR's estimates in the app are too high I think... Right?

May 4, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,110 of 2,767
Hey all, any of you FH3 lovers rocking them with a BTR5 care to share their preferred listening levels?
In High gain I usually listen between 25 and 35 depending on the dynamics of a song.
I am trying some Low gain tonight and Tech House slams superb at 33.
Am I going deaf? 😋 BTR's estimates in the app are too high I think... Right?
I use the BTR5 with the FH3 and on low gain most of the time I'm between 20 and 25. Sometimes I'll go up to 30 but not that often! I don't tend to use high gain with it as I find it loud enough on low :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back