FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 19, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #1,412 of 2,767
0A6627FC-26ED-46CE-B63A-5ABB7250569A.jpeg

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #1,413 of 2,767
You know what, you're absolutely right.

I'm probably not going to get a chance to hear them at a show for at least another year, and so far my experience with FiiO's latest IEM releases (FD3, FD5, FD7) has been excellent.

Soooo..... purchased!! :money_mouth:

After I burn them in and get a handle on their sound, I'll let you guys know how they compare to the FD5 and FD7.

Fiio is on an IEM releasing rampage. The greatest thing about Fiio I personally appreciate a lot is that they have clearly made advances in their tuning and cable match ups. And they do read every review and comments about their earphones. I agree their recent releases all have been stellar none more so than the FD7.

I can say even thier newest FA7S that kinda went under the radar here due to all the new releases are fantastic. It is much better than you guys might think. It also has their new upgraded balanaced house tuning and has one of the most refined treble tunings for a Fiio earphone I have heard to date. It is using customized BAs made for the FA7S that throws out a natural organic mids tonality that people have no idea it could sound like. Excellent bass performance for an all BA design. Everything I have heard and reviewed this year has been top stuff from Fiio.

As per the FH9
images

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #1,415 of 2,767
You know what, you're absolutely right.

I'm probably not going to get a chance to hear them at a show for at least another year, and so far my experience with FiiO's latest IEM releases (FD3, FD5, FD7) has been excellent.

Soooo..... purchased!! :money_mouth:

After I burn them in and get a handle on their sound, I'll let you guys know how they compare to the FD5 and FD7.
FD7 vs FH9 should be an interesting comparison at same price..

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,417 of 2,767
Thank you very much @Ichos !!
Having same price I think should be very interesting a comparison ☺️

Nov 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #1,419 of 2,767
Expect mine this weekend.

Nov 19, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #1,421 of 2,767
DSC09236.JPG

Damn these are stunning looking. Love the vent work on the back of the shells.
Ds, did you ever get the FH5s? Those were quite eye-catching too. Looking forward to your first impressions (although I'm sure those will change quite a bit with some good burn-in).

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #1,422 of 2,767
Took a quick listen. The sound is big as the shells would indicate. They do remind me a bit of the FH5s. It is like the FH5s on steroids. Imaging is a clear standout.
Tried out the bass nozzle filter. Bass becomes a monster. It is knocking on basshead levels. The stock balanced nozzle is just this. Sound projection of these things are tremendous. There is nothing thin or light about the sound. It gives one of the biggest widest full sound projection of all the Fiio line up.

The nozzles this time is different from their previous FD earphone nozzles. The nozzle caps have a specific pattern to it that look like a mini volcanic circular pattern they used for their acoustic prim on their FD earphones but it is in two of the nozzle caps the bass and the balanced caps. the treble cap does not have this prism baffle. The center parts of these caps seems to have a fine mesh that tapers the trebles a touch. Whatever Fiio did to create this sound. It is quite substantial. This baffle nozzle seems to spread out the sonics of the FH9 in your ears. The scale of the sound is quite amazing, again projecting a big bold full bodied sound signature. Well balanced but I can tell they need a bit of burn in so onto the burn in station they go.

The cable this time is quite substantial. It is the thickest pure silver cable I had no idea Fiio made. It seems to be made just for the FH9 actually. It seems Fiio has brought out their best for last. The FD7, FA7S and now the FH9.

Fiio has

giphy.gif

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #1,424 of 2,767
Nov 20, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,425 of 2,767
Right now the XBA-Z5 sells in Japan for the same price as the FH9 (when buying from germany). I already own the XBA-Z5 but the authorized reseller in germany does not allow to return any bought items. So if i buy the FH9, i have to keep it.
That would be rather illegal, they have to offer 14 days no questions asked returns (and they do, as far as my experience with them is concerned).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back