FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #91 of 2,767
The FH3 would suit you well then, but another alternative that’s similar IMO is the iBasso IT00. The IT00 has more sub bass, but has really good resolution and detail. The Tin T2+ and NF Audio NA2 are also very good. All three of these options just have a single DD, but one that is fast and detailed, with good resolution. I don’t have the T3, but can vouch that the DDs in the FH3, IT00, NA2, and T2+ are significantly more technically capable than the DD in the T2.
I actually disagree that the FH3 and IT00 are similar. The IT00 is much warmer and thicker so it limits its versatility. So for more modern music I believe the FH3 is better.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #92 of 2,767
I actually disagree that the FH3 and IT00 are similar. The IT00 is much warmer and thicker so it limits its versatility. So for more modern music I believe the FH3 is better.
I agree the IT00 is warmer, primarily due to the upper bass, but I also found the FH3 to be quite warm also. I think someone on the IT00 thread would appreciate your opposing viewpoint (comparing the FH3 to IT00). I can only state what I personally hear, and thus other opinions are really needed.

FWIW, I also find the NA2 and T2+ to be slightly warm sounding, though less so in the T2+ b/c the upper mids and treble counteract the mid bass more.

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #93 of 2,767
I agree the IT00 is warmer, primarily due to the upper bass, but I also found the FH3 to be quite warm also. I think someone on the IT00 thread would appreciate your opposing viewpoint (comparing the FH3 to IT00). I can only state what I personally hear, and thus other opinions are really needed.

FWIW, I also find the NA2 and T2+ to be slightly warm sounding, though less so in the T2+ b/c the upper mids and treble counteract the mid bass more.

My budget is about 100-120 pounds. I'm hoping the FH3 will come in about £100 when its finally up for sale. I was considering the thieaudio legacy 3.

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #94 of 2,767
My budget is about 100-120 pounds. I'm hoping the FH3 will come in about £100 when its finally up for sale. I was considering the thieaudio legacy 3.
While I love my L3, it’s hard for me to recommend it outright, b/c first off, it‘s very ear tip dependent, so if one doesn’t have a good supply of ear tip choices, one is already at a disadvantage. Secondly, there seems to be big discrepancies in opinions, particularly regarding the amount of bass and the treble extension, so there are a lot of questions regarding sample variation. The FH3 is definitely a safer bet.

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #95 of 2,767
While I love my L3, it’s hard for me to recommend it outright, b/c first off, it‘s very ear tip dependent, so if one doesn’t have a good supply of ear tip choices, one is already at a disadvantage. Secondly, there seems to be big discrepancies in opinions, particularly regarding the amount of bass and the treble extension, so there are a lot of questions regarding sample variation. The FH3 is definitely a safer bet.

Thanks, and the FH3 has MMCX as well. Its next on my list i think. Unless something else comes out that's supposed to be better.

Just waiting for the amazon date.

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #96 of 2,767
Thanks, and the FH3 has MMCX as well. Its next on my list i think. Unless something else comes out that's supposed to be better.

Just waiting for the amazon date.
Amazon had a few sets available yesterday. I grabbed a set. Looks like they are out although there is a restock date for Sept. 2

Aug 27, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #101 of 2,767
I mainly listen to old school rock, Led Zep, Floyd, etc. Some EDM and a bit of modern stuff. Sunset bros, Katy Perry, etc. No classical, jazz or blues.

I was attracted to this because of the knowles BA and i thought if i get a few more drivers, might improve the sound quality on the T3.

Some of those you mentioned are not available on amazon UK.

The Dunu 480, final E2000, or E3000 might be what you are looking for under $100.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #103 of 2,767
The FH3 is great, makes the Shuoer Tape (my direct comparison in the price bracket) look like an incompetently tuned amateurish experiment. This and the FD1 have almost turned me into a FiiO-Fanboy...

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #104 of 2,767
The FH3 is great, makes the Shuoer Tape (my direct comparison in the price bracket) look like an incompetently tuned amateurish experiment. This and the FD1 have almost turned me into a FiiO-Fanboy...
Even with EQ on the Tape the FH3 is still better lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back