FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 28, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #106 of 2,767
You guys are killing me. It sounds like there isn't much in this price bracket that can match the FH3.
There really isn’t. It’s biggest competitor IMO is the L3, but sadly I can’t really recommend that any more, no matter how good it could sound.

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #107 of 2,767
You guys are killing me. It sounds like there isn't much in this price bracket that can match the FH3.
Not in my collection. (as you can see in my database)

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #109 of 2,767
Thanks for sharing that, very interesting.

One question. Why are the best IEM's always listed as S and not A.

How much did you pay for the FH3
Well, for me the wall between A and S rank is quite big (and a lot of other lists has S as the highest so I just took that lol).

As for my FH3, mine is a review unit.

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #110 of 2,767
Well, for me the wall between A and S rank is quite big (and a lot of other lists has S as the highest so I just took that lol).

As for my FH3, mine is a review unit.

Thanks, that's it sorted. The FH3 is my next IEM for sure.

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #112 of 2,767
I've heard a few people say that they now prefer the FH3 to the FH5 and even FH7-

Is this the general consensus? I want to grab a pair of either FH3 or FH5, but I'm torn between the two. . .

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #113 of 2,767
I've heard a few people say that they now prefer the FH3 to the FH5 and even FH7-

Is this the general consensus? I want to grab a pair of either FH3 or FH5, but I'm torn between the two. . .
I don’t have the FH7.
The biggest difference between the FH3 & FH5 is the Sub bass; both are 9/10 on the basshead scale, but (due to the beryllium DD in) the FH3, it’s deep and clean. The FH5 has a slower decay, which gives more of that chest thumping sensation.

if you have it, I would classify the FH5 as a refined version of the TFZ No. 3

Aug 29, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #114 of 2,767
One question. Why are the best IEM's always listed as S and not A.

The first time I can remember seeing an S-tier ranking level was in the first Devil May Cry video game, which came out way back in 2001. As you continued to chain hits together, the on-screen ranking would go from 'D', 'C', 'B', 'A', and then it would go to 'S' for "Stylish!" :laughing:And at the end of each level, it gave you an overall grade based your performance, which also went from 'D' up to 'S'.

https://devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Stylish_Rank

So it may have been DMC that started the trend. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #115 of 2,767
I've had my FH3's for a couple weeks now, and I'm really impressed with their SQ. The hype is real with these, but make sure you try all 3 of the included types of tips.

I got a much better fit and seal (and the best SQ) with the Bass (Red/Grey) tips, but the Vocal (Red/Clear) tips were a close second. For some reason, both of them fit my ears a lot better then the Balanced (Grey/Grey) tips. And I prefered the stock tips over all of the other different tips (Final, SpinFit, SpiralDot, etc.) I tried them with.

So if you're not that impressed with the FH3's at first, try the other tips. Their SQ became significantly better once I switched tips! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #116 of 2,767
I don’t have the FH7.
The biggest difference between the FH3 & FH5 is the Sub bass; both are 9/10 on the basshead scale, but (due to the beryllium DD in) the FH3, it’s deep and clean. The FH5 has a slower decay, which gives more of that chest thumping sensation.

if you have it, I would classify the FH5 as a refined version of the TFZ No. 3

I saw the reviewer Banbeucmas measured the FH3 today and I was very surprised how close the FH3 is to the FH5 FR-wise. Definitely they share the same DNA, so it's interesting seeing a user comparison since graphs fail to tell those nuances and characteristics, thanks! But by deep do you mean the FH3 hits the lowest registers at the sub-bass more effortlessly?

graph (6).png

(https://banbeu.com/graph/tool/)

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #117 of 2,767
I've had my FH3's for a couple weeks now, and I'm really impressed with their SQ. The hype is real with these, but make sure you try all 3 of the included types of tips.

I got a much better fit and seal (and the best SQ) with the Bass (Red/Grey) tips, but the Vocal (Red/Clear) tips were a close second. For some reason, both of them fit my ears a lot better then the Balanced (Grey/Grey) tips.

So if you're not that impressed with the FH3's at first, try the other tips. Their SQ became significantly better once I switched tips! :ksc75smile:
Dont't know if you have spinfit but i received fh3 few days ago and tried my tips and very strangely spinfit one of my favorite with these iems. With other iems i didnt liked the influeance spinfit makes to the sound, but with fh3 they made it something amazing. Especially bass bacame even more tighter faster and not sloppy (don't know but burn in made some role there also) so after this and my ibasso dx160 as a source i could say fh3 is three times better than price tells as they are not worse than fh5 or fh7 and i think fiio will have problems to sell these models as i think fh3 destroys them for the price. It is real hit and hype this time has a reason. I like them with all genres and electronic music and other genres where speed is necessary theses shines. They reminds me audiotehnica msr7b headphone that i have only a little bit more bass and some differences in treble tuning but mainly similar in linear and speady presentation with really good punch in low end. My favorite iems and perhaps end game for longer time.

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #118 of 2,767
Sounds like you guys like it. Glad, I dont hype things up that much but when I do, its cuz they are that good.

As for the S ranking question, yes I have stumbled upon it quite a lot in games so that was a big influence for me.

I also considered using this system (but no one would probably get it lol):

"There are five main ranks, E, D, C, B, A, that each have a quantifiable number assigned to it. Considering "one" to be a "normal value", E is equal to "ten" and it increases by ten incrementally until reaching "fifty" at A. A is the highest normal rank, but there is an exception to the rule with the EX Rank. It represents something that falls outside of the numerical ranking scale, a value that cannot be quantified under the normal system because it is in a league of its own, powerful to the extent of rendering comparisons meaningless "
https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Parameter_Rules

(that is what my S rank means to me lol)

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #119 of 2,767
any comparison with the isn h40 or isn dc02? not a single review is available online.
I would Say that both H40 and Fh3 are good iem.
H40 is more boomy, positively speaking.
Mediums are more foreward and highs softer.
There is more impact on the bass, with the Fh3.
... All that, after a quick listening on the Shanling M2x.

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #120 of 2,767
I saw the reviewer Banbeucmas measured the FH3 today and I was very surprised how close the FH3 is to the FH5 FR-wise. Definitely they share the same DNA, so it's interesting seeing a user comparison since graphs fail to tell those nuances and characteristics, thanks! But by deep do you mean the FH3 hits the lowest registers at the sub-bass more effortlessly?

(https://banbeu.com/graph/tool/)
Effortlessly wouldn't be my first choice of adjectives, for either Fiio; they both require some amperage to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back