FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #828 of 2,767
I wanted to get some new IEMs to replace my Final Audio E5000 IEMs, and after several days of research, I purchased the FH3.

After listening to them for a few days now, I can say I definitely made the right purchase. The audio quality and comfort are both superior to the E5000. The E5000 are bass-head IEMs, which is nice, but there's just too much of it. The low end overpowers everything, and the mids and highs end up sounding veiled. In comparison, the FH3 are much more clear. There's plenty of low end, and the bass stays there, not interfering with the mids and highs. I would say instrument separation and soundstage are both superior to the E5000, which is a bit surprising, because the E5000 are vented to such a degree that sound leakage is a problem.

The FH3 are more comfortable to wear for longer periods than the E5000. After a couple of hours, I'd have to remove the E5000 for a break. With the FH3, I barely notice they're there.

Lastly, the FH3's cable is much nicer to deal with than the E5000's cable, which is obnoxiously stiff and annoying. The FH3's cable is soft and tangle-free.

Price paid for Final E5000: US$279
Price paid for FiiO FH3: US$130

Proof that "more expensive" doesn't always mean "better." Very happy with my purchase!

Sources used for both IEMs: FiiO Q1 MkII and Radsone EarStudio ES100.
Thank you for enjoying it

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 5, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #829 of 2,767
Not to me.
I would agree. To me the FH3 are overall a “bright” IEM, but not sibilant. They also have decent bass. I think that the secret is that the bass does not bleed into the mids, letting the mids and treble shine, while the bass is there but not overpowering.

If you take graphs seriously, that is what you see in Crinnacle’s FR graph for the FH3...

1609894575279.png

Jan 6, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #831 of 2,767
Slight to moderate upgrade IMO depending on your priorities, generally similar tuning, definitely better technicalities with the FH3 but worse timbre than the T2+. The FH3 also has much better isolation.
Thanks for answering sir :beerchug:
But how can u said that generally similar tuned? Me my self don't have any application nor ability to compare the graph.
At some reviewers said that FH3 kind of V-Shape tuning rather than slightly warm-neutral T2+?

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #832 of 2,767
Thanks for answering sir :beerchug:
But how can u said that generally similar tuned? Me my self don't have any application nor ability to compare the graph.
At some reviewers said that FH3 kind of V-Shape tuning rather than slightly warm-neutral T2+?
The FH3 is NOT v-shaped, v-shaped means it has recessed vocals (with boosted bass and treble). The FH3 actually has FORWARD vocals so it a more L-shaped tuning.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #834 of 2,767
The FH3 is NOT v-shaped, v-shaped means it has recessed vocals (with boosted bass and treble). The FH3 actually has FORWARD vocals so it a more L-shaped tuning.
+1. Absolutely. FH3 has an L- shaped tuning. It's definitely NOT v-shaped at all. Vocals shine here.

This happen when only watch one review lol. Well then, it's why we're on forum, right?
So newbie like me can get somewhat information at very best.
Gonna read much more i guess.

Back to FH3 tuning, can it handle the rock/metal/reggae genre?

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #837 of 2,767
This happen when only watch one review lol. Well then, it's why we're on forum, right?
So newbie like me can get somewhat information at very best.
Gonna read much more i guess.

Back to FH3 tuning, can it handle the rock/metal/reggae genre?
It can, it has the speed to handle it.

Although for stuff like Linkin park, I prefer when vocals are recessed rather than forward but it is a minor nitpick for me.

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #838 of 2,767
'L' shaped tuning to me feels like a flat sound with sub bass boost. I feel the 10db gain from mid to upper mid/lower treble is too steep to ignore in categorising the signature. The highs also don't really drop off. Maybe a √ (square root) sign is accurate 🤷‍♂️. In any case, the graph represents what you would expect, as the overall fluctuation in the FR is a 10db peak to trough on both ends and is easily recognisable.

The thing you will notice most is what is different to your current IEMs. For me, it was the rise into the upper mid/Lower treble giving its noticeably forward/ fun sound.

Jan 6, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #839 of 2,767
I'm also very satisfied with the FH3.

The only things I miss sometimes are a bigger soundstage and a more recessed midrange (I'm a little bit sensitive, for my ears it's sometimes too forward sounding).
But the good things are that I never get fatigued with the FH3 (when I don't listen to a higher volume) and they are super comfortable. And I really like the quantity and quality of the bass as a semi-basshead.

In the end for 130$ they are stunning.

If there are IEMs with a bigger soundstage/more spacious sound and recessed mids for under 300/400$, I'm sold :)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #840 of 2,767
I'm also very satisfied with the FH3.

The only things I miss sometimes are a bigger soundstage and a more recessed midrange (I'm a little bit sensitive, for my ears it's sometimes too forward sounding).
But the good things are that I never get fatigued with the FH3 (when I don't listen to a higher volume) and they are super comfortable. And I really like the quantity and quality of the bass as a semi-basshead.

In the end for 130$ they are stunning.

If there are IEMs with a bigger soundstage/more spacious sound and recessed mids for under 300/400$, I'm sold :)
Sony XBA-N3 sounds like something you want then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back