[FiiO FW5]HiFi True Wireless Armature Balanced Earbuds,96kHz/24bit Snapdragon Sound, LHDC support, Flagship TWS chip Qualcomm QCC5141 + independent AKM DAC/Amp AK4332
Jan 13, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #271 of 668
@FiiO i would like to report a problem with multipoint. It just that sometimes there is a bug where if you change the channel balance it forces one earbud to stop working. When i put it back in the case and use it again it works but breaks a few minutes later. It not a major problem since most people wont notice. P.s i made sure the pins are clean etc etc.

Jan 13, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #272 of 668
Np, just make sure you check the app regularly cause for some reason when using the app sometimes the peq you made resets. I wish i could just import a file so even if it resets i can easily fix it.
I tested the EQ feature during the day, but didn't experience this issue. After reconnecting the FW5 they automatically use the last EQ profile. I'm using an iPhone btw, I don't know if that matters.

Jan 13, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #273 of 668
I tested the EQ feature during the day, but didn't experience this issue. After reconnecting the FW5 they automatically use the last EQ profile. I'm using an iPhone btw, I don't know if that matters.
Im also using an iphone, i assume it must be constantly switching devices then but im not sure since i havent tested this theory out yet.

Edit: I give up it keeeeeps removing my eq

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #274 of 668
@FiiO i would like to report a problem with multipoint. It just that sometimes there is a bug where if you change the channel balance it forces one earbud to stop working. When i put it back in the case and use it again it works but breaks a few minutes later. It not a major problem since most people wont notice. P.s i made sure the pins are clean etc etc.
Thank you for your feedback, I gave feedback to our QT engineers on the phenomenon you mentioned, they will conduct detailed tests, and if there are problems will be changed in the follow-up.
Thank you very much!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 18, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #275 of 668
Made another good preset based on Unique Melody Mest mkII for poweramp eq
IMG_20230118_104521.jpg

Eq fiio fw5

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #276 of 668
Im also using an iphone, i assume it must be constantly switching devices then but im not sure since i havent tested this theory out yet.

Edit: I give up it keeeeeps removing my eq
It finally happened to me as well! After several days of not having problems, yesterday a new set of TWS I recently purchased arrived and after testing them I decided to go back to my usual FW5 (honestly, with EQ, they're my favorite right now) and it happened. I had to re-enter all the values again, which took me a few minutes. Something triggered the reset, and I'm guessing it was after connecting the new pair of TWS.
Whatever it was, it should be addressed by @FiiO on an update.

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #277 of 668
I did a Factory Reset the earbuds this time using the buttons (not in the poor Quick Start Guide) not from the App and got Multipoint to work.

Power Off earbuds and press the Buttons with the Dots for 8 secs.

I did not even bother to remove them from my devices, I just re-paired over the top.

Jan 21, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #279 of 668
LDAC brings nothing that aptX adaptive cannot do and unless you are listening to 24/96 files LDAC is pointless as at the lower setting of 330k and 660k it is equalled or bettered by aptX and aptX HD added to LDAC will eat the battery and add higher latency.

I have had many OneMore earbuds but not the EVO due to the issue in reviews, but I know they have a shaped sound that is good at time, but it is nowhere near FiiO quality or even remotely in the audiophile area.

Jan 21, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #280 of 668
Except if you own a phone that doesn't support APTx Adaptive... Then LDAC would be nice :).

In Canada getting a good phone through the cell providers is pretty difficult. It Samsung or Apple and not much else unfortunately.

So a recommendation to include LDAC is more for Fiio's benefit as it will increase their market potential.

Whether it will sound better is definitely debatable but it would appease a lot of potential buyers.

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #281 of 668
My phone does not have aptX Adaptive, 100% of my music on my SD card is CD rips so aptX is fine and for when I do sub to a Hi-Res Music service, I can plug in my aptX Adaptive USB Dongle which I use on my PC daily but again my music on PC is the same CD rips so aptX is suffice.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #283 of 668
LDAC brings nothing that aptX adaptive cannot do and unless you are listening to 24/96 files LDAC is pointless as at the lower setting of 330k and 660k it is equalled or bettered by aptX and aptX HD added to LDAC will eat the battery and add higher latency.

I have had many OneMore earbuds but not the EVO due to the issue in reviews, but I know they have a shaped sound that is good at time, but it is nowhere near FiiO quality or even remotely in the audiophile area.
I can assure you that 1More Evo is clearly sounding better than FW5 at present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back