[FiiO FW5]HiFi True Wireless Armature Balanced Earbuds,96kHz/24bit Snapdragon Sound, LHDC support, Flagship TWS chip Qualcomm QCC5141 + independent AKM DAC/Amp AK4332
Jan 24, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #286 of 677
Has anyone noticed the storage case discharging when the FW5 is not in use?
Like charge the case (with the IEMs inside), leave it a couple days without use and when you open the case, only 3 lights are on.

Or am I missing something?

Jan 24, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #287 of 677
I highly doubt that even with the FW5 quirks for now.

Not saying I did not like that sound, but it is heavily shaped and if you listen to lower quality music on the FW5 it will sound worse, as they are purer.

1More sound like 1More (very dynamic) I had the older 1MORE True Wireless ANC (bellow) then the Piston Buds but no way I would even try the EVO's with the feedback on Amazon UK/US.

The SQ will be more about the actual speakers etc inside not the codecs.

51JkjhNyPDL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #288 of 677
Has anyone noticed the storage case discharging when the FW5 is not in use?
Like charge the case (with the IEMs inside), leave it a couple days without use and when you open the case, only 3 lights are on.

Or am I missing something?
I will keep an eye on it, as it uses the LID as the power switch it so should not happen, this happen to my SoundPeats H1 Premiums, takes like 5 days and dead.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #290 of 677
I will keep an eye on it, as it uses the LID as the power switch it so should not happen, this happen to my SoundPeats H1 Premiums, takes like 5 days and dead.
Seems like it's working fine now. I did reset the IEMs, placed them in their box (2 leds on) and since the last time I posted (2 days ago), it still shows 2 leds on. Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #291 of 677
Alright first issue and it's a weird one:-

My entire phone has lost the ability to transmit codecs above SBC through the FW5.

I spotted the codec part of the app and deselected the AAC option

fiio app 2.jpg

Doing this disabled all codecs other than SBC and changed the codec displayed at the top of the app to SBC
1674882747934.png

Messing around in the codec section that was listed as aptX Adaptive or some derivative of aptX

Now even in my Bluetooth settings I don't see aptX audio show up as you can see I get with the ZE8000.

1674882910289.png

When I connect the FW5 I get a "connected" message then straight after a "Disconnected" message however, the bud remains connected and capable of playing music. Also when I originally changed the codec options in the app I got the same "Disconnected" message and then the change of codec.

If I go to phone setting to select any other codec after I leave the setting page it defaults back to SBC.

Anyone else @FiiO @FiiO Willson any suggestions? I've reset the app and restarted my phone.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #292 of 677
I have had some similar weird issues.

If latest App/FW do a factory reset for the earbuds in the App then for good measure do the same on the actual earbuds (power off and then hold both RAISED buttons for 5 secs) and kill your phones BT remove the FW5's and then clear the BT cache/reboot and then re-pair

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #293 of 677
I have had some similar weird issues.

If latest App/FW do a factory reset the earbuds in the App then for good measure do the same on the actual earbuds (power off and then hold both RAISED buttons for 5 secs) and kill your phones BT remove the FW5's and in clear the BT cache/reboot and then repair
Screenshot_2023-01-28-17-28-47-70_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Booya ty

Jan 28, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #294 of 677
Alright first issue and it's a weird one:-

My entire phone has lost the ability to transmit codecs above SBC through the FW5.

I spotted the codec part of the app and deselected the AAC option

fiio app 2.jpg

Doing this disabled all codecs other than SBC and changed the codec displayed at the top of the app to SBC
1674882747934.png

Messing around in the codec section that was listed as aptX Adaptive or some derivative of aptX

Now even in my Bluetooth settings I don't see aptX audio show up as you can see I get with the ZE8000.

1674882910289.png

When I connect the FW5 I get a "connected" message then straight after a "Disconnected" message however, the bud remains connected and capable of playing music. Also when I originally changed the codec options in the app I got the same "Disconnected" message and then the change of codec.

If I go to phone setting to select any other codec after I leave the setting page it defaults back to SBC.

Anyone else @FiiO @FiiO Willson any suggestions? I've reset the app and restarted my phone.
Hello,
The software settings of FW5 are self-adapted according to the priority format of the phone.
If you have two devices connected to your phone, the phone will adapt to all of them, and in the same Bluetooth format.
That means if you have a Bluetooth headset that only supports AAC and another that only supports SBC, the phone will automatically jump to SBC.

Can you fix the output format of the phone via developer mode? Or confirm if you have more than one device connected?

Also, if you have an Android phone, it would be better to use LHDC

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 28, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #295 of 677
Since when do most Android phones have LHDC?

And your wrong about the Codec in Multipoint, it connects to my phone via aptX and my Creative BT-W4 Dongle via aptX Adaptive at same time, the FiiO App and the Dongle App/ onboard LED all confirm this.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #297 of 677
Hello,
The software settings of FW5 are self-adapted according to the priority format of the phone.
If you have two devices connected to your phone, the phone will adapt to all of them, and in the same Bluetooth format.
That means if you have a Bluetooth headset that only supports AAC and another that only supports SBC, the phone will automatically jump to SBC.

Can you fix the output format of the phone via developer mode? Or confirm if you have more than one device connected?

Also, if you have an Android phone, it would be better to use LHDC
Hey no multipoint beinf used. Issue was resolved with instructions provided by Helmutcheese above.

I can change the output format on the android, currently set to default (determined by device)

I'm happy with aptX tbh. Can try lhdc but just can't control from app.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #299 of 677
They don't...but they should, and the revolution is coming!
That "revolution" should've come quite some time ago lol..
Only some mfgs support LHDC (Xiaomi, Oppo and their sub-brands like Redmi, Oneplus, Vivo etc) and not all their models do.. even then the support is kinda sketchy..
Big brands like Sony push for LDAC, Samsung for SSC so I don't see LHDC getting much traction. Plus you have LC3/LC3plus HR in the mix now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back