Fiio FT5
Feb 9, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #301 of 352
I just got these in today, because I was having buyers remorse over the longevity of the Ananda Stealth V3s I purchased. Holy crap is it a night and day difference between these two. I always preferred a darker tone, and more "fun" headset, and even though I REALLY liked the Ananda, the FT5s are blowing my mind right now.

I will say, the Ananda earcups and pads fit me better, so the comfort is on the Ananda's side, but the FT5s are no slouch either.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #302 of 352
Ok

Okey didn´t know that, not worry too much about the peaks then. You don´t have them anymore? Which are good entry level planars to get? That are not too bright.

The ananda and the moondrop I just listened at the store, comparing them with the FT5. The HD650 I have still.

The FT5 suits "not too bright" and entry level. If you don't mind/like a bigger bass and mid forward (<1K) sound, they are really worth trying. The Ananda is more V-shaped, so more emphasize on the upper mids/highs, so can be experienced as brighter, although I didn't found them sibilant at all.

Other planar that are actually really dark, Audeze LCD2C or the GX. They have a unmatched separation and soundstage. They have a huge upper mid dip, but the upper highs are extended. Not really entry level anymore btw (nearly double the price of a FT5)

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #304 of 352
My week with the FT5's is winding down. Today I put the suede pads on. Definitely a different sound. To me, they do lack some sharpness. I have to try them with all my genre's though as so far it has just been 1990's/2000's rock and pop-rock.

Feb 11, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #305 of 352
I think my only complaints with the FT5 are the clamp pressure over time, and the ear cup size. It’s not like the Ananda, where you can almost forget they’re on your head because they’re so comfortable.

I’ll be stretching the headband over time (any tips?) and hopefully Dekoni or another company will come out with larger cups.

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #306 of 352
I noticed that my FT5 metal headband deformed a little, its not symmetric and lean a little to the right . It annoys me as in this price range i think aethetical problems are not allowed. U guys noticed that on yours? Maybe if i hang it on a HP holder for a few days is it will deform to normal? Its not deformed by me, as it is brend new, bought few days ago.

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #307 of 352
I just got these in today, because I was having buyers remorse over the longevity of the Ananda Stealth V3s I purchased. Holy crap is it a night and day difference between these two. I always preferred a darker tone, and more "fun" headset, and even though I REALLY liked the Ananda, the FT5s are blowing my mind right now.

I will say, the Ananda earcups and pads fit me better, so the comfort is on the Ananda's side, but the FT5s are no slouch either.
Is it the stealth version you have? How is the timbre compered to the FT5s?

Feb 13, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #308 of 352
I am just finishing up my time with the FT5's. I went long as I wanted to try out the suede pads for a few days. While I did enjoy them, I prefer the pleathers.

One strange thing about these planar's for me is that I don't just prefer them on my iFi amp. The iFi is usually my go-to amp with every planar I have owned. These are Every bit as good on my Violectric amp.

Today I went through my test list twice, using each set of pads for a run through. The second time through with the pleathers I started to A-B the amps. The Violectric was giving me as much bass as the iFi, with bass boost engaged. And usually with the iFi, the 3D sound effects open up the sound and even give it some width. Not this time. I actually preferred the Violectric combo.

After a week plus, I wonder if they are indeed special or have I just gotten used to them? It will be interesting to try a different headphone tomorrow. Have to make it something very different.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #309 of 352
The FT5s reminded me how great planar bass can be, so I got greedy and got the Empyreans. However, the FT5s hold on their own I would say. Of course they are not in the same league resolution-wise, but have a similar warm signature. I am never getting HiFimans ever again, too bass shy for me :dt880smile: . For the price the FT5s are really a steal if you like warm signature.

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #310 of 352
The FT5s reminded me how great planar bass can be, so I got greedy and got the Empyreans. However, the FT5s hold on their own I would say. Of course they are not in the same league resolution-wise, but have a similar warm signature. I am never getting HiFimans ever again, too bass shy for me :dt880smile: . For the price the FT5s are really a steal if you like warm signature.
Wow, that is quite a compliment!
The Empyreans are too pricey for me, but I do think about them occasionally.

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #311 of 352
For anyone looking for a deal, The Fiio eBay store has open box FT5s for 359.99 USD.

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #312 of 352
I changed my headphones this morning and I must say that I miss the warmth and bass of the FT5's already. :smile:

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #313 of 352
I got my FT5s today, been enjoying them so far. Without EQ they sound muffled like a filter on them, much better with EQ to my ears. Using oratory1990 settings. Bass is good and fun, i like to turn up the bass some. Comparing them to the 660s2, it´s hard both sound good. 660s2 sounds better with eq too. Timbre is really good on the 660s2, FT5s isn´t bad either. They are more bassy. Like a subwoofer. 660s2 sounds more intimate i think.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #315 of 352
It’s now been a month with the FT5. I absolutely love these. So relaxing listening to my music and so enjoyable.
I agree. When I first put them back on, I wasn't sure. They were okay, but every day I had them on I liked them more. :smile:
They make me happy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back