FIIO Flagship all-in-one digital media streamer R9 Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #51 of 370
HifiGo is safe to buy from. But this item probably won't be sent any time soon; they are annoying in not mentioning that it's a pre-order for early listing's like this.

Dec 29, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #52 of 370
@FiiO - Can this device store PEQ settings as presets?

Are the PEQ settings separate for headphones and for speakers?

Will the R9 automatically switch PEQ settings when changing from headphone listening to speaker listening (and vice-versa)?

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #53 of 370
@FiiO - Can this device store PEQ settings as presets?

Are the PEQ settings separate for headphones and for speakers?

Will the R9 automatically switch PEQ settings when changing from headphone listening to speaker listening (and vice-versa)?

This is just an android device. You'd need to pEQ via Android apps.

I wish we could have a universal pEQ like a Hiby OS setup.

The official Fiio Music player app does store pEQ presets in it. But it won't effect other apps like YouTube.

Nor would it pEQ a Windows PC stream going through it.

Would be cool if some Chinese company could copy the features of the RME AMI dacs in a dac/amp.

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #55 of 370
Okay. The R9 uses a Qualcomm 660. The M11 plus and the M17, too. Any plans to release Android 12 for any FiiO models with 660 SoC? And if not, why not?
M17 for ~1800 Euro...
Ooh what about M17, M15s, etc?
I second that, updating the M11 Plus/Ltd, M15s and M17 to Android 12 would improve power and battery management and performance. Also lengthens the support we will get for 3rd party apps
After the Android 12 version is stable, we will also upgrade those models.

Dec 30, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #56 of 370
This is just an android device. You'd need to pEQ via Android apps.

I wish we could have a universal pEQ like a Hiby OS setup.

The official Fiio Music player app does store pEQ presets in it. But it won't effect other apps like YouTube.

Nor would it pEQ a Windows PC stream going through it.

Would be cool if some Chinese company could copy the features of the RME AMI dacs in a dac/amp.
Thanks. After several hours reading the R7 thread, I came to the same conclusion. The R9, like the R7, is not suitable as an AV hub because it won't do room correction for my speakers for all inputs. Nor can it be a headphone station and AV hub simultaneously as it doesn't separately remember the settings.

My ZEN Stream and ADI2-DAC cam breathe a collective sigh of relief. They'll be staying for a while yet.

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #57 of 370
Thanks. After several hours reading the R7 thread, I came to the same conclusion. The R9, like the R7, is not suitable as an AV hub because it won't do room correction for my speakers for all inputs. Nor can it be a headphone station and AV hub simultaneously as it doesn't separately remember the settings.

My ZEN Stream and ADI2-DAC cam breathe a collective sigh of relief. They'll be staying for a while yet.
For the R7, the last firmware update added a dedicated EQ feature, where you can make custom pEQ filters and have them as preset's. They are supposed to work globally, and so far I've found that they do. If you need me to test a special setup, let me know and I'll give it a go :)

Dec 30, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #58 of 370
Not sure I like the aesthetics. Reminds me of a 70s flip clock
istockphoto-481310701-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #59 of 370
For the R7, the last firmware update added a dedicated EQ feature, where you can make custom pEQ filters and have them as preset's. They are supposed to work globally, and so far I've found that they do. If you need me to test a special setup, let me know and I'll give it a go :)

Wow, I just saw the Equalizer app after looking for it from you mentioning. It was on the second page of my home page. I wouldn't have never seen it since I use the bottom screen shortcuts.

Thanks for mentioning it! No idea if it will affect pc usage, but YouTube has become alot funner.

This makes me want to buy a m15s dap now for on the go usage if it got such an update too.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #60 of 370
Thank you. That is really interesting and basically changes the game. Perhaps we can request to @FiiO that they store PEQ settings for each of the Output settings and have the R7/R9 switch the PEQ automatically as different Outputs are selected.

It would be useful to have it confirmed that the PEQ does indeed apply to optical/coax/ USB as well as the apps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back