FIIO first cassette player CP13 is officially released!
Feb 7, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #271 of 402
They will be making more, that was just the first batch. End of March, I believe, is the ETA for the next batch.

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #272 of 402
I'll keep my eye on this thread. Be nice to see a review compared to the other player being sold. Big shame that minidisc stopped being made and sold back in the day .

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #273 of 402
Hi what's the difference between this tape player compared to these £35 types on A.zon. These have auto reverse, bluetooth, AA batteries, & usb ? So what am I missing here .

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #275 of 402
People are so grouchy... Been enjoying mine for a few days now. Pretty good for the price I must say.
1000010196.jpg

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #276 of 402
Hi what's the difference between this tape player compared to these £35 types on A.zon. These have auto reverse, bluetooth, AA batteries, & usb ? So what am I missing here .

The CP13 does not have auto reverse or Bluetooth connectivity and has a USB port for charging instead of requiring AA batteries.
I suppose the difference would be that the CP13 is a portable modern day cassette player released by a reputable (from what I’ve heard) audio device manufacturer vs a generic no name cassette player.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #277 of 402
Quality over quantity. Like a featureless turntable that does well the what's it's supposed to do. Add more and you chip away at the quality of the components.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #278 of 402
The CP13 does not have auto reverse or Bluetooth connectivity and has a USB port for charging instead of requiring AA batteries.
I suppose the difference would be that the CP13 is a portable modern day cassette player released by a reputable (from what I’ve heard) audio device manufacturer vs a generic no name cassette player.

Not that it's a problem, but that quote was not mine... :wink:

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #279 of 402
The difference is in build quality, better mechanism, lower noise, better frequency response and much better output power according to previous statements made by Fiio.
Autoreverse is something that's not really needed, besides most autoreverse walkmans have imperfect azimuth unless they have dual adjustment.
Bluetooth, Fiio stated they wanted to create an analog experience. Personally don't see BT as a must in a cassette walkman.
USB (I think you mean it can output through USB - meaning it has integrated ADC) - for 35 quid you won't get much quality in that regard.
If you are serious about digitzing your cassettes, you will want to use a dedicated audio interface or sound card for this anyway.
Lack of AA batteries is indeed a minus which I have mentioned myself, but at the end of day it is what it is. Can only hope this will be corrected in a future generation.

The CP13 is a good compromise overall, things that I would like to be there are: 70μs EQ for chrome/metal tapes, AA batteries and of course the fact
case to be put together with screws.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #282 of 402
Maybe FiiO can sign up RETROSPEKT as an authorized dealer

Feb 9, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #285 of 402
This thing came out better than my expectation. Hoping FIIO would replace the battery when needed. Initial impressions are good and well worth the money.
IMG_9451.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back