[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Oct 27, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #1,366 of 1,922
Hallo all!

I want to share my problem with IEM FiiO FH7 :frowning2:
The right earpiece FH7 began to disappear signal in the MMCX connector.
Before that there were IEM FiiO FH5 and there were no problems with them.
Dear forum, tell me what options I may have?
Headphones were bought on Aliexpress.
How to implement a guarantee on Aliexpress?
Headphones repaired or need to change the right earpiece? Need to ship to China?

FiiO, please help me!!!

Thanks for your help!
:frowning2:

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,367 of 1,922
Hallo all!

I want to share my problem with IEM FiiO FH7 :frowning2:
The right earpiece FH7 began to disappear signal in the MMCX connector.
Before that there were IEM FiiO FH5 and there were no problems with them.
Dear forum, tell me what options I may have?
Headphones were bought on Aliexpress.
How to implement a guarantee on Aliexpress?
Headphones repaired or need to change the right earpiece? Need to ship to China?

FiiO, please help me!!!

Thanks for your help!
:frowning2:
Before you send them anywhere, check your cable. It's likely the MMCX connector on your cable has become a little loose. Remove the cable and pinch the connector very very slightly (I like to use a small kitchen fork, slide the connector between the teeth of the fork until you hit a wedge, then keep sliding to tighten it very slightly). Now connect it back to the FH7 gently, as it might be a bit tight at first. Your problems should be fixed. If you have a spare mmcx cable, try that first to confirm it is actually a loose cable.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,368 of 1,922
Before you send them anywhere, check your cable. It's likely the MMCX connector on your cable has become a little loose. Remove the cable and pinch the connector very very slightly (I like to use a small kitchen fork, slide the connector between the teeth of the fork until you hit a wedge, then keep sliding to tighten it very slightly). Now connect it back to the FH7 gently, as it might be a bit tight at first. Your problems should be fixed. If you have a spare mmcx cable, try that first to confirm it is actually a loose cable.

This!

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,370 of 1,922
gLer, could you post a photo or video of how to fix the cable?
Oddly enough I don't have an mmcx cable with me but I do have an mmcx adapter, so it's easy to demonstrate. Take the connector end of the cable, slide it into a small kitchen fork, and then keep sliding once you've hit the narrow part of the fork, very gently, to slightly compress the housing of the connector. Very gently, because you don't want to compress too much (in which case it won't fit on your cable). See below. As I said above, if you have another cable, try that first, because if if IS the earpiece, you're just tweaking a perfectly good cable unnecessarily.

IMG_9188.jpg IMG_9189.jpg

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,376 of 1,922
Just got my Shuoner Tape IEM this weekend. Also have the FH7 and previously was using AKG K3003i. I think FH7 is definitely better than all 3. There's been a lot of hype around Shuoner Tape on the forum and Youtube...I don't know, maybe my pair is still breaking in but the sound is definitely not as refined as FH7 and treble can sound a bit shouty like some reviewers had mentioned. Out of the 3, only FH7 provide that nice solid mid bass and very nice sound stage in comparison.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,377 of 1,922
Just got my Shuoner Tape IEM this weekend. Also have the FH7 and previously was using AKG K3003i. I think FH7 is definitely better than all 3. There's been a lot of hype around Shuoner Tape on the forum and Youtube...I don't know, maybe my pair is still breaking in but the sound is definitely not as refined as FH7 and treble can sound a bit shouty like some reviewers had mentioned. Out of the 3, only FH7 provide that nice solid mid bass and very nice sound stage in comparison.
Don't know the Shuoner Tape, but K3003's I have had since around 2016. Can't stand the OTT sharp sound now. FH7's are the best IEM's I've heard and owned.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #1,378 of 1,922
Has anyone tried both the FH7 and the Dunu DK-3001 Pro? They're the same price.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,380 of 1,922
Has anyone tried both the FH7 and the Dunu DK-3001 Pro? They're the same price.

I do not know how to sound Dunu DK-3001 pro, but I listened to the store more top model-Dunu DK-4001 and compared the sound with FiiO FH7 (players FiiO M11, Cayin N6ii). The sound in FiiO FH7 is more detailed, more transparent, wider, better! Much better! IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back