[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Oct 10, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,262 of 1,922
I just ordered the FH7 today. It'll be a huge step up from my T20s! I've only done a little research over the newer silver balanced cable (LC-4.4D) and it seems pretty split as to who likes it and who doesn't. I'll probably hold off on that for now, but the temptation still looms over me!
I would wait before buying the balanced cable, the supplied one is very good. I tried my 4.4 balanced Fiio cable and prefer the standard FH7 3.5 cable. There are plenty of tips supplied to play with to keep you busy for a while..!!

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #1,264 of 1,922
Very brief first impressions switching from the balanced FiiO SPC cable to a third-party single crystal copper cable: a smoother, easier listen without compromising detail. Takes the 'sheen' off some vocals and instruments, presenting them more naturally. Had I not heard it for myself I wouldn't have believed such differences can be had with a cable change - and although it's still early days, and I'm not sure if it's the actual physical material, construction, connectors or whatever might have resulted in this positive change, all I know is that it's positive. And from everything I've read about pure copper as a cable material, in that it's more 'relaxed' than silver/SPC, with a fuller low end and slightly tamed highs, this is exactly what I'm hearing doing an A/B with the two cables. Coincidence? Who knows?

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #1,265 of 1,922
oh no . i own a fh7 and q5s and i just bought the lc 4.4D version. hopefully it still better than the stock one. too many people telling me C version is better but i dont really think Straight type jack works for me better than the L shape chord. =( anyone who owns D series cable and can tell me the difference between the stock ? thanks

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #1,266 of 1,922
oh no . i own a fh7 and q5s and i just bought the lc 4.4D version. hopefully it still better than the stock one. too many people telling me C version is better but i dont really think Straight type jack works for me better than the L shape chord. =( anyone who owns D series cable and can tell me the difference between the stock ? thanks
Don't stress... I've never used the 'D' version silver cable, though I've only read positive things about the FiiO silver cable. From what I understand, silver specifically adds brightness and air to the sound, two things that in my opinion you don't want more of in the already brighter-tuned FH7. And while a good silver cable does this without adding 'sheen' to the sound, for my personal taste the FH7 needs a touch more warmth and low end weight, which is exactly what I'm hearing with this pure copper cable. Pity FiiO doesn't offer a pure single crystal copper cable as an option.

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,267 of 1,922
Those fabulous things helped me to ajust my signature cursor, and i'm surprised to see i'm definitely not a true basshead (still loving my CF Atlas).
To my cortex, they are clear, neutral, but the lowers hit very well, big bass, but without "any" emphasis, just when needed. That's what distinguish them from FH5 and other emphased concurent.
I put them on the Nordist side of v-shaped, while FH5 are more W-shaped a mid-emphased.

i hated Andromeda S beside FH7... (too emphased for me, not a clean sound, too much fun)

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #1,268 of 1,922
Those fabulous things helped me to ajust my signature cursor, and i'm surprised to see i'm definitly not a true basshead (still loving my CF Atlas).
To my cortex, they are clear, neutral, but the lowers hit very well, big bass, but without "any" emphasis, just when needed. That's what distinguish them from FH5 and other emphased concurent.
I put them on the Nordist side of v-shaped, while FH5 are more W-shaped a mid-emphased.

i hated Andromeda S beside FH7... (too emphased for me, not a clean sound, too much fun)
Yes I prefer the FH7 over the FH5 for the same reason - the mids are flatter, but the overall sound is also more refined and more resolving. And I prefer it to the Andromeda as well. I have heard 'better' than the FH7, but at $2,000 for the 64Audio U12t, that's not a fair fight :wink: The FH7 is, to date, the best I've heard for ~$1000 or less.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #1,269 of 1,922
i talked about Andromeda version S (doesn't heard the classical green Andro).
And i agree, not tested 64Audio, but Noble Kaiser Encore at $2,500 and they sound a bit artificial even with his XX BA...
Definitely, i need atleast one DD on my setup. And the 13.5mm beryllium coated of FH7 know how to impose himself !

I also tried the filters, and i'm still enjoy using the balanced one. I found they can still usefull for someone, but "for me" they simply cut off some frequencies, instead of just attenuate them. However, the thing i like with those filters is, it's a physical alteration, then no surprise like the long chain of software/chips dependant.

I've tried many iem before (about ~30/35 totl etc), and i'm sure to keep them as reference to future choice and comparison !
Well, Fiio's iem never disappointed me, and can not wait to hear the next FH series :)

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #1,270 of 1,922
i talked about Andromeda version S (doesn't heard the classical green Andro).
And i agree, not tested 64Audio, but Noble Kaiser Encore at $2,500 and they sound a bit artificial even with his XX BA...
Definitely, i need atleast one DD on my setup. And the 13.5mm beryllium coated of FH7 know how to impose himself !

I also tried the filters, and i'm still enjoy using the balanced one. I found they can still usefull for someone, but "for me" they simply cut off some frequencies, instead of just attenuate them. However, the thing i like with those filters is, it's a physical alteration, then no surprise like the long chain of software/chips dependant.

I've tried many iem before (about ~30/35 totl etc), and i'm sure to keep them as reference to future choice and comparison !
Well, Fiio's iem never disappointed me, and can not wait to hear the next FH series :)
Fully agree, there's nothing like a good DD driver for that natural deep sound you want from an IEM. The U12t was the first all-BA IEM I've heard that didn't sound artificial, and in fact even bested the bass quality of the FH7. Andromeda S fell flat in the bass compared to the FH7.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #1,271 of 1,922
May be U12t can be compared to Empire ears Legend X on the bass register ?
Yeah Andro S sound like a steroid boosted FH5, too many emphasis. Ok.. it's musical, but absolutly not analytical ! So many people pushed me to try for a long time, and finally was a big disappointment. Sure this is not due to physcho-acoustic (plenty of DAC for testing)

I wonder if FH7 had a cross-over or drivers are just plugged directly ? i don't see any PCB on Fiio's ads and reviews.
You know it ?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,272 of 1,922
Don't stress... I've never used the 'D' version silver cable, though I've only read positive things about the FiiO silver cable. From what I understand, silver specifically adds brightness and air to the sound, two things that in my opinion you don't want more of in the already brighter-tuned FH7. And while a good silver cable does this without adding 'sheen' to the sound, for my personal taste the FH7 needs a touch more warmth and low end weight, which is exactly what I'm hearing with this pure copper cable. Pity FiiO doesn't offer a pure single crystal copper cable as an option.
same thing they told me too. but still bought the d version because of the L shaped jack. they said its already bright so silver d version would be too much and some says it makes it sound unreal. hopefully its not unecessary purchase for me though :frowning2:

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,273 of 1,922
I tried the DUNU Hulk cable paired to FH7, and i think it's too much dark. I instantly feel the difference, but it is not what i expected for this one. You can feel the influence of the thickness of a true plain 2.0mm litz wire (type 2), but surprisingly it's going to dark side.
No match with FH7 even using the green treble increaser. I manage to try full copper wires instead of hybrid of full silver, because i found FH7 enought clear with stock LC cable.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #1,274 of 1,922
May be U12t can be compared to Empire ears Legend X on the bass register ?
Yeah Andro S sound like a steroid boosted FH5, too many emphasis. Ok.. it's musical, but absolutly not analytical ! So many people pushed me to try for a long time, and finally was a big disappointment. Sure this is not due to physcho-acoustic (plenty of DAC for testing)

I wonder if FH7 had a cross-over or drivers are just plugged directly ? i don't see any PCB on Fiio's ads and reviews.
You know it ?
I don't think the U12t quite compares to the Legend X in bass. The LX has dynamic driver 'subwoofers' for bass, the U12t is all-BA. Nothing wrong with not liking something (like the Android). We all like different things.

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #1,275 of 1,922
I tried the DUNU Hulk cable paired to FH7, and i think it's too much dark. I instantly feel the difference, but it is not what i expected for this one. You can feel the influence of the thickness of a true plain 2.0mm litz wire (type 2), but surprisingly it's going to dark side.
No match with FH7 even using the green treble increaser. I manage to try full copper wires instead of hybrid of full silver, because i found FH7 enought clear with stock LC cable.
I found the change from SPC to copper makes the FH7 sound less 'digital', not that it sounds digital. But I hope you get what I mean. It's smoother and more 'natural' to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back