[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Sep 30, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,246 of 1,922
Maybe a similar sound profile but you’re not going to get similar SQ for that price, nice as it would be! Likewise the FH7 can keep up with iEMs that cost >$1000 but at that point many IEMs pull clear in terms of pure technicalities. All depends on how much you’re willing to spend to go the “last mile” in SQ, and if that’s even worth it to you (for example if all you’re using is an entry level dap and streaming, a ‘better’ IEM won’t do anything for you - in fact I’d argue if you don’t listen to very well recorded music, rather save your money and get a more forgiving, less detailed IEM that won’t pick apart your music).

This iem would be used with a hiby r5 DAP. I already have the FH7 and use it with a m11. Was looking to find a lower cost alternative to use with the hiby. Maybe the black FH5?

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #1,248 of 1,922
with a little regret I returned the FH7.
Now I have to think about what to buy.
Meanwhile, I read to you :)

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,249 of 1,922
Hello - not sure if Fiio is on this thread. where can I purchase extra filters for the fh7? I would like to have some extra that I can keep at home, and at office

thank you

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #1,250 of 1,922
Hello - not sure if Fiio is on this thread. where can I purchase extra filters for the fh7? I would like to have some extra that I can keep at home, and at office

thank you

Lots of FiiO user know it is easy to get some accessories from FiiO, just shot an email to support@fiio.com and you can get free accessory but you have to pay the freight cause it is too expensive , and usually the accessory itself cost very small.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 6, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #1,251 of 1,922
Liking the Fiio music app when paired with the glorious FH7's. Think it may sound a little warmer than UAPP. One gripe tho - hi res files play noticeably quieter than regular music or when using UAPP. If they can fix this I'll probably use the Fiio app as my default.

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #1,252 of 1,922
Liking the Fiio music app when paired with the glorious FH7's. Think it may sound a little warmer than UAPP. One gripe tho - hi res files play noticeably quieter than regular music or when using UAPP. If they can fix this I'll probably use the Fiio app as my default.
I've had no issues with high-res files playing at lower volume. Can you post some examples or PM me a file to test? Also, do you mean UAPP on a different device? Because you can't run UAPP on the M11 so I assume you're using on a phone?

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,253 of 1,922
I have an FLC 8n (upgraded FLC 8s) and would like to know how the FiiO FH7 compares with it. Is it a worthy upgrade to the $350 FLC 8n? I purchased the FLCs due to the possibility of changing its sound signature to my likes. Has it better soundstage or treble/bass extension than the FLC 8? Thank you.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #1,254 of 1,922
I've had no issues with high-res files playing at lower volume. Can you post some examples or PM me a file to test? Also, do you mean UAPP on a different device? Because you can't run UAPP on the M11 so I assume you're using on a phone?

Uploading files beyond my luddite capabilities but I'm using an LG V30. Regular music plays at same volume on UAPP and the Fiio app but hi res (e.g. MoFi SACD of Blonde on Blonde & Oh Mercy) play at a lower volume when using the Fiio

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #1,255 of 1,922
Uploading files beyond my luddite capabilities but I'm using an LG V30. Regular music plays at same volume on UAPP and the Fiio app but hi res (e.g. MoFi SACD of Blonde on Blonde & Oh Mercy) play at a lower volume when using the Fiio

Possibly you've got replay gain on in UAPP (SETTINGS->VOLUME)? You'll notice it with SACD conversions, they are noticeably and consistently quieter than PCM hi-res files (eg HD Tracks) and even CD ripped flacs.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #1,259 of 1,922
I just ordered the FH7 today. It'll be a huge step up from my T20s! I've only done a little research over the newer silver balanced cable (LC-4.4D) and it seems pretty split as to who likes it and who doesn't. I'll probably hold off on that for now, but the temptation still looms over me!

Oct 10, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #1,260 of 1,922
you might want to try a plain out copper only cable too. It warms things up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back