FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Dec 19, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,486 of 2,258
I think some users find the nozzles too shallow with the tips they like to use. I’m busy experimenting with tips myself - I don’t mind the shallower nozzles but it looks like I’ll have to find grippy foam tips that go in an stay in if I want a good seal (without which I find bass is nonexistent).

Do they have shorter nozzles than F9 if you happen to know?

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #1,490 of 2,258
For my smallish ears the short nozles are a godsend. I find nozles like IT01 too intrusive and can't wear them for long. I've worn the FH5 for a full day and didn't get uncomfortable one bit. I'm glad they choose that nozzle as they sit better than anything else on my ears.

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #1,491 of 2,258
For my smallish ears the short nozles are a godsend. I find nozles like IT01 too intrusive and can't wear them for long. I've worn the FH5 for a full day and didn't get uncomfortable one bit. I'm glad they choose that nozzle as they sit better than anything else on my ears.
:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 20, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,493 of 2,258
Hi I have been using the vocal tips both medium and large and somehow feel that the left side after awhile will slowly drop off.
Do you all experience this
Means your ears are probably slightly different sizes. Very normal. I sometimes use a S tip in my left ear and M tip in my right. Foam tips overcome that problem usually.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #1,494 of 2,258
Hi bros

Recently I connected my Cayin N5 DAP via with IFI ICANSE amp, noticed a very loud hissing noise on the right IEM.
I changed to LCD2 and there was no noise.
I changed different IEMs and samething right hissing noise still there.
I changed coaxial cable, IEM cables and same right IEM hissing noise is there.
Any advice from bros. Tks

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #1,495 of 2,258
I've got hold of them now. Thanks for the email address.

Finally received my Symbio W's and, so far, these are the best tips I have come across and they sound really good. I just wish the nozzles on these iems weren't so short! Nevertheless, i really like the sound signature. I have to admit that I don't really notice the forward mids other people mention.

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #1,496 of 2,258
I decided to give the Spiral Dots another try, and so glad I did! I learned a new ‘insertion technique’ that makes fitting them in firmly so easy - basically pull up the top of your ear while at the same time inserting the tips, then let go your ear and voila! No more lose tips.

The sound of these IEMs with the Spirals has to be heard to be believed - best sub bass and stage I’ve heard with any IEM to date. Switching to an IEM with a longer nozzle after learning this technique with the FH5 is positively painful now.

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #1,497 of 2,258
Quick question - and I know it varies greatly from person to person - but does anyone that owns or has tried the FH5, and has pre-existing tinnitus, find that it triggers it at all? I've found that the ringing can be triggered by many variables other than just volume (bass quantity, treble spikes, etc.)

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #1,499 of 2,258
I've tried my friend's FH5 and they fit quite nice most of the time. But I don't really mind the nozzle, I just want the new color-black (Blue&Red would be better imo) that they 'might' released lol

It's been 4 months since I listened to my friend's FH5. Though I bought the DM6 instead of the FH5 because of the hype (ಠ‿ಠ) Waited 2 months just to return them back (ಥ_ಥ) Turns out, I love forward vocals and I like the smoother sound, W signature of the FH5

DM6 is really good. The vocals just did it for me. They sounded shy and lack realism imo. They have excellent details though I couldn't handle them for long term listening, they get a little intense. They have excellent soundstage, especially imaging though! It was so addicting!

I find DM6 fit better for orchestral and edm while FH5 for modern Pop, r&b, and acoustic

Btw, do the fh5 now comes with extra eartips? Spinfits or something? I might just buy them now, I can't enjoy christmas and new year without them T_T

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,500 of 2,258
I've tried my friend's FH5 and they fit quite nice most of the time. But I don't really mind the nozzle, I just want the new color-black (Blue&Red would be better imo) that they 'might' released lol

It's been 4 months since I listened to my friend's FH5. Though I bought the DM6 instead of the FH5 because of the hype (ಠ‿ಠ) Waited 2 months just to return them back (ಥ_ಥ) Turns out, I'm a vocal head and I like the smoother sound, W signature of the FH5 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

DM6 is really good. The vocals just did it for me. They sounded shy and lack realism imo. They have excellent details though I couldn't handle it for long term listening

Btw, do the fh5 now comes with extra eartips? Spinfits or something? I might just buy them now, I can't enjoy christmas and new year without them T_T
They come with quite a few tips, I personally use some comply tips but there is nothing wrong with the tips provided. Even comes with double flange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back