FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jul 11, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #346 of 2,258
And I’m sorry - but saying it competes with the Andro is like saying an HD600 competes with an HD800s. You could prefer one over the other - and that is the subjectivity coming in. But in my own opinion, the FH5 is a very good earphone, but it’s no Andromeda

Jul 11, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #347 of 2,258
And I’m sorry - but saying it competes with the Andro is like saying an HD600 competes with an HD800s. You could prefer one over the other - and that is the subjectivity coming in. But in my own opinion, the FH5 is a very good earphone, but it’s no Andromeda

I agree it does sound more subjective, and the review does state as such:
Review said:
A few times more expensive Campfire Andromeda is a higher shelf, but maybe not as much as it was suggested by the price. The Andromeda sounds diametrically, technically, precisely, in a contoured, hard-laid manner and they win the proportions of the scene (both deep and wide). FiiO FH5 are smoother, they do not draw the sound yet so precisely, but in some ways they win with Andromeda - FiiO headphones make a better impression of bass and his descent, they cope better with electronics that use strong bass. As a result, the FH5 sound more musical, because the Andromeda can be almost raw and very technical. The verdict can be surprising. Although Andromeda is a higher quality shelf, I would not be surprised if many would put the majority sign at FH5, because of the fuller bass, milder character and lower price.

To me this reads as more of a subjective statement of value than of absolute quality.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #349 of 2,258
All reviews are subjective (this is coming from a man who actually made a living from writing reviews). And I mean reviews about how earphones sound to you or how good an album is or if a film is great or not. Now, when you talk about the build quality and materials used to build something, well that becomes a little less subjective. Trust, some under $500 audio equipment can compete (and in some cases outperform) competitors costing a $1,000 or more. A perfect example: I own the HD6XX, and it competes with some headphones I own(ed) that cost more than a grand. I type that with the understanding that I never was a Sennheiser fan (although I've owned or heard many of their products). And yes, that opinion is subjective. :beerchug:

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #350 of 2,258
My local retailer has it in a week or two and I can post some thoughts :)

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #352 of 2,258
This stuff actually in the long run backfires. Nothing wrong with cozy staging and forward vocals but describing it otherwise and on top of that comparing with sets that do not share those traits and are considered TOTL is just foolish

FiiO will make a andro challenger with the FH7 if that's what they even want to do.
Sorry but that translated review makes me think they hardly listened to it

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #353 of 2,258
This stuff actually in the long run backfires. Nothing wrong with cozy staging and forward vocals but describing it otherwise and on top of that comparing with sets that do not share those traits and are considered TOTL is just foolish

FiiO will make a andro challenger with the FH7 if that's what they even want to do.
Sorry but that translated review makes me think they hardly listened to it
So, it can’t compete because of the price?

Jul 11, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #354 of 2,258
I'm sorry but my old military expression comes into play here, "Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one". I never felt or heard a andro. but I own a Earsonics ES3, Fidue A83, Jays Q-Jays, LZ A5, and a Rose Mini 4 to name a few, and my new FH5 sounds the best "TO ME". To me is end of story, at least to the next one comes a long.

Jul 11, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #356 of 2,258
It will be interesting to see if these earphones compare well to those costing much more than they do.

Jul 11, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #358 of 2,258
I should have mine tomorrow. I'll throw my early impressions thoughts then (I should say I believe in burn in so it will take me a while to give a complete picture).

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #359 of 2,258
Here's a saying..

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is getting personal from your side and that is not good for the thread, FiiO or anyone who wants to read about the FH5.
You broke the rules
Fix it
Move along
Save the jabs for PM and be a better member of the community.

I don't agree with you about the FH5. That's where we start and finish. No bad feels. No care. Going to block you now...

en_07-1.jpg

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #360 of 2,258
I should have mine tomorrow. I'll throw my early impressions thoughts then (I should say I believe in burn in so it will take me a while to give a complete picture).
I will be looking forward to your impressions and also a mini comparison with the DZ 7 :wink: :metal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back