FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jul 3, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #227 of 2,258
Thanks for the impressions and I see that you have reviewed the FH1, do they sound similar ? and would they be a big upgrade. I had the F9 pro and did not really like them due to the (IMO) weak bass...
I haven't done a thorough a/b yet but right away FH5 seems airier and more balanced than the bassy and rich FH1. I will definitely dive into more detail in the FH5 review. Different strokes for different folks tho.

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #228 of 2,258
Should have it soon. Can't wait to compare it to the LZ A5 and the N5005.

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #231 of 2,258
I have a few friends that are also waiting for me to compare will report how I hear em once I get em next week. I suspect both will be great it will be more of what your looking for in sound signature more so than anything.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #232 of 2,258
i beg for an IT03/04 comparison
Color me curious as well. This should give everyone interested in this review a good gauge to see if the price matches performance. The price of the IT04 is almost double that of the FH5's. If the FH5's can compete it will be a bargain.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #233 of 2,258
Have the silver IT04 on order as well as the FH5. Will be able to give a report on how they compare. I am gonna guess the FH5 will loose out on stage one of the best aspects of Ibasso phones. But other parts of sound I have no idea till I get em.
Cant wait for your impression re:both. I need to get one of them..

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #236 of 2,258
What i want to know with all this technology in this FH5 is, is this better then the se846 or ie800?

You may need to understand more about audio before asking this question

Having any technology doesn't mean it will be better from the start.

Also, SE846 and IE800 are two different animals, what kind of sound are you looking for. From the descriptions of everyone, FH5 doesn't seem to be uber u-shaped, like IE800, nor lacking the final part of the treble like SE846, so most probably the comparison would be more complicated than that

Happily, I have a IE800 and will do the comparison, just saying, better would need to take into account the signature you're looking for as well.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #237 of 2,258
True. Technology is often only a gimmick. The Prophile 8 for example doesn't market itself with any fancy technology and yet is regarded one of the best IEM's in the market.
Better listen to the FH5 yourself =)

Could anyone tell me more about the isolation? Usually hybrids lack in this discipline.. the same for FH5?

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #238 of 2,258
True. Technology is often only a gimmick. The Prophile 8 for example doesn't market itself with any fancy technology and yet is regarded one of the best IEM's in the market.
Better listen to the FH5 yourself =)

Could anyone tell me more about the isolation? Usually hybrids lack in this discipline.. the same for FH5?

You're looking for isolation from the outside noise, or also for low leakeage of sound?

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #240 of 2,258

I don't think this is necessarily an inherent issue with hybrids, but more an issue of fit/individual ear shapes. Could it also be due to the location of the dynamic driver vent on hybrids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back