FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jun 26, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #78 of 2,258
You going to pay for them? :wink:
ws.gif

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #79 of 2,258
What I do like so far about the FH5... the aluminium alloy shells look and feel great. A smooth, refined finish and a welcome change from the acrylic material I'm used to seeing in customs or "custom universals". Fit is also superb. As for sound... that will come later.

The suspense is killing me. How's the comfort so far?

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #80 of 2,258
The suspense is killing me. How's the comfort so far?
Comfort is good, using stock medium "balanced" tips. I do prefer the look of the elegant aluminium alloy shells, but nothing beats the comfort of acrylic for me. I might have to tip-roll to find the perfect sound/comfort combination, because when I lied down with the combo I had to adjust the seal a few times.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #81 of 2,258
Usual disclaimer about my measurements:

The graph below is generated using the Vibro Veritas coupler and ARTA software. Ken Ball (ALO/Campfire) graciously provided me with measurement data which I have used to recalibrate my Veritas so that it mimics an IEC 711 measurement standard (Ken uses two separate BK ear simulators, we measured the same set of IEMs, and I built my calibration curve from shared data). I do not claim that this data is 100% accurate, but it is very consistent, and is as close as I can get to the IEC 711 standard on my budget. Above about 9 kHz the measurements are never going to be accurate - even if they are consistent. Slight changes in angle can push the measurements all over the place. The rest of the curve is pretty good though (or at least I think it is).

I do not claim that the measurements are in any way more accurate than anyone else's, but they have been proven to be consistent and I think they should be enough to give a reasonable idea of response - especially if you've followed any of my other reviews. When measuring I always use crystal foam tips (so medium bore opening) - and the reason I use them is for very consistent seal and placement depth in the coupler. I use the same amp (E11K) for all my measurements - and output is under 1 ohm.

Any graphs are provided merely as a point of discussion, and for comparisons to other IEMs I have measure on the same rig for similar reference.

As you can see - the channel matching es excellent!! Balance is really good - bass definitely present but not overpowering. Kind of reminds me of bass like the RE2000 - just perfect balance. Faster than I expected too - but the impact is really good. Vocals / guitars etc are where the emphasis is, and the elevation in upper mids gives a lot of intimacy (I wouldn't call these spacious - most IEMs aren't). Mid-range is really well done - both male and female vocals sound really good (to my preferences anyway). Treble is interesting - great extension but not overdone at all. I think the balance overall is the key. Cymbal hits are very good with nice decay, but they do sit back the tiniest bit. So the 7-8 kHz peak FiiO shows in their measurements - I'm not hearing with this pair (its more a polite bump). The extension is great and so is the detail (without the harshness).

This may be honeymoon period, but already I love this tuning.

Build seems to be spot on - very good cable. Off to do more listening .....

fh5 channel.png

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #82 of 2,258
Counting Down: 2 Days Left until FiiO FH5 Launch

Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors-FH5

Compared to other IEMs in the same price range, FiiO FH5 outperforms its rivals no matter from the design, structure, driver allocation, processing technology, or even the cable and accessories.

Do the the sound, build and appearance go above the price of $259.99? Wait for your comment!

Note: $259.99 is the MSRP in US, it’s subject to change slightly in other countries/regions.

超跑式声学底盘结构-2EN.jpg

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 27, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #83 of 2,258
@FiiO How will ths FH5 will be positioned soundwise against the future FA7? could those FA7 will be a refinement? or will be intent for a more audiophile and studio focused guy?
Dear friend,

Currently, we don't have more information about FA7. You may have a try of the FH5 when it is available in your country. :)

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 27, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #84 of 2,258

The graph below is generated using the Vibro Veritas coupler and ARTA software. Ken Ball (ALO/Campfire) graciously provided me with measurement data which I have used to recalibrate my Veritas so that it mimics an IEC 711 measurement standard (Ken uses two separate BK ear simulators, we measured the same set of IEMs, and I built my calibration curve from shared data). I do not claim that this data is 100% accurate, but it is very consistent, and is as close as I can get to the IEC 711 standard on my budget. Above about 9 kHz the measurements are never going to be accurate - even if they are consistent. Slight changes in angle can push the measurements all over the place. The rest of the curve is pretty good though (or at least I think it is).

I do not claim that the measurements are in any way more accurate than anyone else's, but they have been proven to be consistent and I think they should be enough to give a reasonable idea of response - especially if you've followed any of my other reviews. When measuring I always use crystal foam tips (so medium bore opening) - and the reason I use them is for very consistent seal and placement depth in the coupler. I use the same amp (E11K) for all my measurements - and output is under 1 ohm.

Any graphs are provided merely as a point of discussion, and for comparisons to other IEMs I have measure on the same rig for similar reference.

As you can see - the channel matching es excellent!! Balance is really good - bass definitely present but not overpowering. Kind of reminds me of bass like the RE2000 - just perfect balance. Faster than I expected too - but the impact is really good. Vocals / guitars etc are where the emphasis is, and the elevation in upper mids gives a lot of intimacy (I wouldn't call these spacious - most IEMs aren't). Mid-range is really well done - both male and female vocals sound really good (to my preferences anyway). Treble is interesting - great extension but not overdone at all. I think the balance overall is the key. Cymbal hits are very good with nice decay, but they do sit back the tiniest bit. So the 7-8 kHz peak FiiO shows in their measurements - I'm not hearing with this pair (its more a polite bump). The extension is great and so is the detail (without the harshness).

Looking forward for your in-depth review and comparations.

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #89 of 2,258
First impressions from the comments "sounds balanced with vocals a tad forward" "Sound is really sweet. Bass is there but only if it is needed. Bass is less than FH1 and treble is less than F9 pro which puts it in the sweet spot. build quality is really really nice"

Are these gonna be available in US at launch date?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #90 of 2,258
Is it just me:

EVERYTHING, including the first sound impressions, remind me of the Fidue Sirius!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back