FiiO FH3 || FiiO‘s Latest 2 BA 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid Earphones Is Officially Released!
Aug 21, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #61 of 92
fiio mmcx connection are atrocious. both the stock and fiio upgrade cables had problem being removed from my fh5. wasted my money on "mmcx assist" just to get it out. even with the mmcx removal tool, it was a nightmare. due to this, seeing the fh3 with mmcx, i am really hesitant to buy fh3. i wrote in to their aliexpress store about this mmcx issue and they simply ignored me.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #62 of 92
fiio mmcx connection are atrocious. both the stock and fiio upgrade cables had problem being removed from my fh5. wasted my money on "mmcx assist" just to get it out. even with the mmcx removal tool, it was a nightmare. due to this, seeing the fh3 with mmcx, i am really hesitant to buy fh3. i wrote in to their aliexpress store about this mmcx issue and they simply ignored me.
I have multiple fiio iem's and as many fiio mmcx cables and there is a slight learning curve, but after a few swaps of cables I have had no problem.

Aug 22, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #63 of 92
First listening impressions: :astonished: A step up from the FD1 in every regard, better detail, soundstage and imaging, a bit less of a v-tuning but bass is still easily punchy enough with even more texture and treble is still sparkling where necessary without the FD1's slight propensity to shoutyness in upper mids and treble. So far seems indeed to be the more sophisticated bigger brother of the FD1 with comparable strenghts but less weaknesses which i was hoping for. Now for more listening...

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #64 of 92
More very noticeable differences: The FD1 could become a bit congested, whereas the FH3 is anything but. Sounds like i can track any element of the sound at any time and this without having the feeling that i am doing analytics instead of enjoying the music. The FH3 is much more neutral than the (extremely enjoyable and engaging) FD1, but it still manages to never even come close to being dull. The tuning is imo simply superb. A true multigenre master, i haven't found a favourite track which doesn't sound good on this so far

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #65 of 92
To me the FH3 are rather bright, with the bass being overshadowed by the treble. Any recommendations on tips (other than foams) to tame the treble a bit? Love the detail but I can’t imagine listening to the FH3 for extended periods of time.

Edit: because people may ask, sources have been both LG v30 using stock cable and BTR5 using balanced Linsoul cable, and all included tips, as well as Triple Dots. I was playing from Tidal at highest resolution, as well as iHeartRadio.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #69 of 92
The FH3 is really sensitive, though. So is there a point to going balanced with it?

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #71 of 92
Is anyone able to give me an idea of how the Fiio FH3 might compare to either the BQEYZ Spring 1 or Simgot EN700 Pro? I own the latter two and I'm considering grabbing the FH3. The marketing and hype is just too enticing haha. But I don't want to buy the FH3 if it's no better than my Spring 1 or EN700 Pro. They all cost just about the same...

Thanks in advance!

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #74 of 92
I would start out with something relatively inexpensive that sounds good on the FH3. I have a lot of cables but recently got these and they work great with the FH3. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...0o.store_home.productList_103909896.subject_5
This is based on sound synergy of the FH3 and this particular cable. I had a guy show me some other cables that might look more fancy but my recommend is purely based on how great the FH3 sounds with this particular cable. One thing about cables is you can't judge how they will work on a particular phone just based on how they look. This one I linked to might not be so flashy looking but believe me these are just as good as cables 3X as much. And yes this is based on experience.

If you want the absolute best for the FH3. It will cost much more but this is a good start.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back