FiiO FH3 || FiiO‘s Latest 2 BA 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid Earphones Is Officially Released!
Aug 8, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #33 of 92
I ordered the day they answered my question about the price and availability. I ordered from the Fiio Store at AliExpress. They were shipped a few days ago.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #39 of 92
I have fd1 and hope for a bit more bass

Please post a comparison when you get it, i have the FD1 and like it a lot and would spring for the FH3 immediately if i'd be somewhat assured that it really improves on the FD1 and doesn't just pointlessly add to drivers and cost.

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #40 of 92
It is a major upgrade compared to FD1 in shear technical performance , frequency response , timbre , dynamics , clarity , roundness , 3d layering , bass quality (not quantity) and fit.
It is an FD1 and FH1s fusion keeping all the good points and improving the bad.
I am going to rate it as the best mid priced and value to performance iem available right now.
For most budget oriented users it is end game.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_230827.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 11, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #41 of 92
Sounds almost too good to be true, my wallet is already screaming (but not too much considering the price)...

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #42 of 92
Yes it is that good.
I am listening now with BTR3K classical music and it performs very good.
IMG_20200811_114352.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #43 of 92
Yes it is that good.
I am listening now with BTR3K classical music and it performs very good.
IMG_20200811_114352.jpg
I am waiting for mine to arrive latter this week and hope it is a 'working class' version of Campfire's newer Polaris iem. Anyone who knows about engine intake and exhaust manifolds hope these newer designs have accomplished what tuned manifolds can produce. :)

Aug 11, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #45 of 92
I don't know why my reply was removed.

They remind me of sony XBA-N3 with much faster bass, where as the Sony can sometimes seem a bit languorous. They are definitely not as bright as the Legacy 9 or the FH7. The speed and the impact of the bass are similar to my beloved iSine 20. I am listening to Working Them Angels by Rush, and I can hear Geddy Lee working the bass but his voice is not artificially shrill as some IEMs do. The easier treble takes some sparkle from the higher notes on guitar, but the cymbal crashes are good. They are able to deliver the crowd noise without muddying mids.

Having spent so much time with the Legacy L9 recently, I can see where these might be an easier listen for bassheads. The bass is good. Very good.

The inevitable question - how do they compare to the L3? I don't know, I don't have a set. :)

As far as how they compare to the FH7? I hope I have answered some of that.

I like this set quite a bit. Just go out and buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back