FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,546 of 1,891
I can vouch for that cable it is worth every cent paid. It is a very high quality copper based cable. The issue with cheaper copper cables is that copper is not as resolving as silver so you loose some definition of something like their monocrystalline silver plated cable or a pure silver cable. The LC-RC is every bit as good as any of the higher end UPOCC or crystal copper varieties of cables. Not to mention the modular plugs which is an added bonus.

I have been using a gold plated copper cable on the FD5 with great results but I will try out the LC-RC for you here in a bit and will report back.
Are there two versions of the LC-RE? Fiio has this one on their site and it looks different and has gold. Same model number though. https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/422239.html

Dec 12, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #1,547 of 1,891
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #1,548 of 1,891
NiceHCK BlueIsland 5N Litz high-end OCC Silver Plated Cable

On the FD5, the BlueIsland cuts back just enough of the upper bands, to allow me to experiment with the RHA treble filter. Normally I use either the RHA reference filter or my own modded (OEM) FD5, sound tube. I may have lost a fraction of 1db off of the the sub bass response, but the gains in the sound stage (width & height) and having the vocals being more enveloping are worth the trade off.

I was originally using NiceHCK 8 Core High Purity Copper Cable, as a stop gap, while waiting for my 11.11 order to land. This cable does give a heavier weight to the sub bass (without being muddy), but you sacrifice some of the airiness and upper band nuances, that come with the BlueIsland

FD5 wBlue.jpg

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #1,549 of 1,891
So what is the general consent on decreasing the treble? The treble is a bit much for me as I listen to a lot of rock. Even songs like Fleetwood Mac’s “Rhiannon” or “Say You Love Me” the snare is very piercing.

Cable: I’ve read on here to get a copper cable to smooth/reduce treble. What exactly do you look for in a cable? Isn’t the OEM cable copper? Do I stay away from anything that mentions “plating” or “silver”? Some options out there are quite expensive.

Tips: I’ve read on here about several recommendations. Frankly too many to keep straight in my head. So maybe I just buy a few and test them out. This is definitely less of an expense than the cable.

Thanks!
DSC09372.JPG

Fiio LC-RC AKA "Pro" cable. Not only does it smooths the highs but it adds some beef to the overall sound. I am stupid to not try this cable on the FD5. It does for the FD5 what this cable does for the FD3 and the FH5S. Otherwise it is a perfect match for the FD5. I think if Fiio could do it all over again this cable is what they should have thrown in with the FD5. It does smoothen out the highs and it sounds more proper now but if you find the trebles a touch bright for rock and metal you can try the foams that come with your FD5. Those should help smoohen out a bit of the treble end. Otherwise, these are a great cable if you want to stick with modular Fiio cables. Way better match up than the cable the FD5 comes with.

Dec 13, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,550 of 1,891
[ALLEGARE=completo]4027122[/ALLEGARE]

Cavo Fiio LC-RC AKA "Pro". Non solo attenua gli alti, ma aggiunge un po' di manzo al suono generale. Sono stupido a non provare questo cavo sull'FD5. Fa per l'FD5 ciò che questo cavo fa per l'FD3 e l'FH5S. Altrimenti è un abbinamento perfetto per l'FD5. Penso che se Fiio potesse rifare tutto da capo, questo cavo sarebbe quello che avrebbero dovuto inserire con l'FD5. Leviga gli alti e suona più correttamente ora, ma se trovi gli alti un tocco brillante per il rock e il metal puoi provare le schiume fornite con il tuo FD5. Questi dovrebbero aiutare a smussare un po' gli acuti. Altrimenti, questi sono un ottimo cavo se vuoi attaccare con cavi Fiio modulari. Abbinamento molto migliore rispetto al cavo fornito con l'FD5.
Cosa dovrebbe farmi credere che il cavo LC-RC sia diverso dal cavo stock dell'FD5? Le caratteristiche sono esattamente le stesse, in entrambi i casi si tratta di un cavo copper monocristallino argentato di elevata purezza a 152 fili.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #1,551 of 1,891
Descriptors seems similar but the new LC-RC is mostly copper the one that comes with the FD5 has a lot of silver content I believe each strand was coated in silver. There is a clear difference in how they perform on an earphone. One of the reasons why Fiio came up with the LC-RC was due to users complaint about how bright the stock cable would accentuate the highs including myself. I clearly put it out there the stock cable is not a good match up on the FD5. If you try any pure copper cable on the FD5 you can tell the highs are accentuated using the stock cable.

I tested that cable out on the FH5s which has a worse issue of the 8Khz spike poking your ears even more so over the FD5. Crash cymbals especially was grating due to the FH5S having the treble BAs in the nozzle and they included a 4 cored version of the same cable that came with the FD5. Which then was reintroduced as a Pro model that included the LC-RC. It is a completely different cable from the stock silver colored monocrystalling silver plated cable.

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #1,552 of 1,891
Thanks for the suggestion on the LC-RC cable. The brightness of the FD5 was the only thing annoying me about them and I'm now waiting the cables from Amazon. The wonderful feature of the FiiO cables is that interchangeable plug, which is something all cable makers should do (but it would cut down on profits, I guess).

ADDED: Well, the LC-RC was just delivered, and I tried it out 4.4mm balanced, from my desktop Oppo DAC/amp and my Sony WM1A. I have to agree they're a great match for the FD5. In less than a minute of listening, I can tell they do exactly what Dsnuts said.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #1,553 of 1,891
Just got the FD5 and I'm impressed with everything except the cable. Its like a big sticky rubber band. I wish it was more like the FH3 cable. The FD5 cable is a microphonic nightmare as well.

Anyone have any suggestions? I like the interchangeable adapters on the end but I just dont think I'm ever going to get used to this cable.
That's weird, I find the cable on fd5 way above the fh3. I had two fh3 cables break on me... And I felt it's one of the most microphonic cables around.

Dec 21, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,554 of 1,891
When it comes to burn in I've always felt the debate comes from the fact not all IEMs go thru radical changes... Some none at all. Thus you get doubters. I used to be one of them. The FD5 has gone thru some very noticeable change for me. In fact, weirdly it's the exact change I heard in the FH3. It's gone from very smooth treble to the splashy bright treble others have mentioned. A bit sad actually cos my ears had adjusted positively to the overly smooth, thick sound OOTB... Which was very pleasing. Now I'm hearing a much more v shaped sound to the detriment of the easy listening musicality.

Id say this happened after 60+ hours

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,555 of 1,891
That's weird, I find the cable on fd5 way above the fh3. I had two fh3 cables break on me... And I felt it's one of the most microphonic cables around.
The smooth texture of the fd3 cable helped reduce microphonics. Less friction when moving across your shirt I suppose. Other than that I like the FD5 cable better.

I also got thr LC-RC “pro cable” and I must say, it fixed the peaky treble perfectly. Amazing what some extra copper in the wire can do! I also find the texture slightly smoother than the stock cable and have noticed a slight reduction of microphonics. I have only one tiny gripe with this cable and it is aligning the adapter plugs correctly. There is an almost undistinguishable bump inside the sleeve that it supposed to help align to the slot on the plug. This bump is more pronounced on the stock cable. On the LC-RC it so hard to see that I accidentally put the plug in incorrectly. When I realized what I had done, I couldn’t get it back out. I had to use pliers. Anyway, if Fiio just had a line on the sleeve it would help a lot. Of course the sleeve spins, so that wouldn’t help much. But I put a sharpie mark on the clear plastic sleeve. I have to swap the plug out at least twice a month to 3.5mm as I use the FD5 as live monitors playing bass guitar.

9E9866DE-9617-4145-A0D3-1B228E34412D.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #1,558 of 1,891
Greetings to all ! I am only interested in one question regarding players and it is as follows - Will I get an increase in sound quality by buying a more expensive player Astell&Kern A&norma SR25 multiple of the difference in price relative to player Shanling M3X ??? I don't consider other player models, only these two models. Thanks!

Jan 14, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #1,559 of 1,891
Any one using spinfit on these and what type?
For my FD3 Pro, I've tried the CP145 (M) and CP100+ (M). I preferred the CP145 since it was a little bit more balanced, whereas the CP100+ seemed to accentuate the bass.

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #1,560 of 1,891
Greetings to all ! I am only interested in one question regarding players and it is as follows - Will I get an increase in sound quality by buying a more expensive player Astell&Kern A&norma SR25 multiple of the difference in price relative to player Shanling M3X ??? I don't consider other player models, only these two models. Thanks!
I think your question got posted in the wrong thread. You might want to inquire on player thread. This is about the FD5 IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back