FiiO Balanced Armature IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 5, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #61 of 122
Agree what it sounds better than my expectation. Great resolution through and through despite the warmer tuning. The soundstage is not quite right to my ears, perhaps because I’m not used to a complete lack of ear gain.

I’m still salty that Fiio replace the leather case with the pelican case, though.

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #62 of 122
I'm also a big fan of the FA7S. I bought them during the April sales event assuming that they'd be a comfortable IEM that would respond well to EQ (as the FA7 does). I was shocked to find that I love the tuning and they have great technicalities. I find them to be warm and non-fatiguing but without negatively affecting mid range presentation, imaging, or details. I can't quite wrap my head around it because the FA7s is not that different in tuning to the FA7, which I find to be really poorly tuned - to my ear the FA7 has bloated bass that casts a veil over everything and makes it feel like there's no treble. I would genuinely love to know how Fiio came to this tuning because I really enjoy it in a way I was not expecting from FR graphs.

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #64 of 122
Hello, has anyone compared FA7s to Rapgo Hook X? Im curious because of they have similiar price here and I want to buy one of them as my second iem.

Thank you!
The Raptgo's seems to be more warmth than the fiio, also the technology of the drivers are quite different.

Aug 11, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #67 of 122
After a few days with them...

I've got an enormous collection of iems, I've tried some expensives BA iems (like andromeda) and probably this is the best one Ive ever heard.

The technical perfomance cant be described, listening the new album of Swedish house mafia (I'm not a jazz/classical guy) I discovered new sounds and layers on the tracks.
Apart of that, the bass is just perfect, neutral-warmth with the just punchiness they need.

Cant understand why other models from fiio, like the fd5 or fh9 got all the attention and this (probably the best launch on the recent history of the brand) dont deserve more attention.

Wich tips are u using on them mates?

Aug 11, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #69 of 122
Curious, how is the detail and clarity compare to andromeda?
The fiios are more warmth on the bass, but the layering, stage and definition are better.

They are really similar, but the technicalities and the bass punch the fiios are one step over.

Just my two cents.

Aug 11, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #70 of 122
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #71 of 122
Can anyone else comment on these given what I am after? I bought some 7hz timeless, I already own the P1s, I am a fan of planar but my favourite pair of headphones is the Mackei MC-450 out of what I own due to how flat they are and the timbre. I liked the 7hz timeles sbut I foudn the bass slightly too much but cymbals also sounded like garbage comapred to the P1s. A lot of detail was lost.

I am sending the 7hz timeless back tomorrow, i've been doing a tone of internet research and searching and I am thinking of getting the FIIO FA7S, they are £290 in the UK. I tend to use Sonic Foam memory buds as they are great and there is not much choice in the UK.

Given I like the flatness of the MC-450s and thus prefer more neutral, would the FA7s be a good fit? I would like a bit mor ebass than the P1s but I don't want to lose the detail retrieval and clarity. I would also like better timbre. I was going to go for mackie mp 460s, but I have had to send my MC 450s off for repairs like 4 times in 2 years due to one of the cans going faulty making static noises and so on at certain frequencies around 6 months in which has put me off the mackie brand.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #72 of 122
Can anyone else comment on these given what I am after? I bought some 7hz timeless, I already own the P1s, I am a fan of planar but my favourite pair of headphones is the Mackei MC-450 out of what I own due to how flat they are and the timbre. I liked the 7hz timeles sbut I foudn the bass slightly too much but cymbals also sounded like garbage comapred to the P1s. A lot of detail was lost.

I am sending the 7hz timeless back tomorrow, i've been doing a tone of internet research and searching and I am thinking of getting the FIIO FA7S, they are £290 in the UK. I tend to use Sonic Foam memory buds as they are great and there is not much choice in the UK.

Given I like the flatness of the MC-450s and thus prefer more neutral, would the FA7s be a good fit? I would like a bit mor ebass than the P1s but I don't want to lose the detail retrieval and clarity. I would also like better timbre. I was goign to go for mackie mp 460s, but I have had to send my MC 450s off for repairs liek 4 times in 2 years due to one of the cans going faulty making static noises and so on at certain frequencies around 6 months in which has put me off the mackie brand.
I've never try any of the iems of your comparison, except the 7HZ.

These pair are probably the best BA under 1000€. I sold my andromedas because they got better layering and textured in any frequencies.

Compared to the 7hz, the FA7s have warmer presentation and more coherence.

About the fit, Im not having any issues with them, using the white silicone tips that fiio provided, with good seal. The comfort is nice, but I read some users have problems with this kind of shells (Fd5 or this one) so cant assure you are not going to have the same issues

Sep 11, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #73 of 122
I've never try any of the iems of your comparison, except the 7HZ.

These pair are probably the best BA under 1000€. I sold my andromedas because they got better layering and textured in any frequencies.

Compared to the 7hz, the FA7s have warmer presentation and more coherence.

About the fit, Im not having any issues with them, using the white silicone tips that fiio provided, with good seal. The comfort is nice, but I read some users have problems with this kind of shells (Fd5 or this one) so cant assure you are not going to have the same issues
Hi, Thanks. What do you mean by more coherence? Also did you prefer the 7hz? I feel like I am going against the grain with them as most people seem to love them, but cymbals and hi hits seem like pure noise to me.
I plugged the P1s and the 7hz into my bifrost multibit and vali 2 and cymbals on some tracks just sounded like electric noise, where the P1s sounded pretty much like a cymbal.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #74 of 122
Hi, Thanks. What do you mean by more coherence? Also did you prefer the 7hz? I feel like I am going against the grain with them as most people seem to love them, but cymbals and hi hits seem like pure noise to me.
7hz is excessively airy to my taste, not natural.

7hz is worse than the FA7s by miles.
S12 is better than the 7hz.
FA7s is better than the Sa6

Like I told you, this is probably one of the best BA implementation of the market under 1000€. I sold a fu***ng andromeda for them.

Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back