[FiiO FA1] Single Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors, Knowles Customized BA Driver, DLP 3D Printing Technology,Detachable MMCX Cable
Feb 5, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #76 of 398
First impressions and notes on the FA1:
  • Beautiful faceplate design. Catches light amazingly, super crisp and defined detailing, different shades at different angles. Just as nice as the pictures show, if not better.
  • Shells are uniformly filled (not hollow, like many CIEMs). Heavier, but to me feels more premium.
  • BA driver vents to the outside of the shell (there is a hole in the resin shell).
  • Initial sound impressions seem to be favoring the leaner side of things: good vocal clarity with an emphasis in upper midrange, bass is a bit light in impact but also pretty fast / quick.
Will be looking to provide more detail in a full review soon!
Thanks for the impressions! As I've noticed that you've tried the IT01 and the P1, how does it compare to them? Would you recommend the FA1 for modern genres such as electronica, metal, etc? Judging by the impressions given by BGGAR and Brooko, it seems like they have good sub-bass.

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #77 of 398
I love this transparent design!
FB_IMG_1548742040681.jpg

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #78 of 398
In terms of current draw how much difference would their be from a four driver iem such as fa7 or fh5 compared to the newer fa1, and what effect would it have when using a lower power BT device such as fiio btr3 or btr1k?

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #79 of 398
My fa1 arrived today and I am very pleased with it. I upgraded the cable to the fiio lc-3.5bs to work with my two btr1k's for all night listening.

The bass response is quite good and the resin body of the iem is very light and a reason for my choice. People who will make this choice should be pleased. :)

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #80 of 398
My fa1 arrived today and I am very pleased with it. I upgraded the cable to the fiio lc-3.5bs to work with my two btr1k's for all night listening.

The bass response is quite good and the resin body of the iem is very light and a reason for my choice. People who will make this choice should be pleased. :)

Mine delivers tomorrow, but to Miami, then it's sent to Panama with a Courier. I have to wait, perhaps, till Saturday to have them. :frowning2:

How is the soundstage compared to FA7 and FH5?

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #81 of 398
Mine delivers tomorrow, but to Miami, then it's sent to Panama with a Courier. I have to wait, perhaps, till Saturday to have them. :frowning2:

How is the soundstage compared to FA7 and FH5?
The sound stage is on par with the fh5 and fa7; the btr1k runs really well with it as if they were paired by design.

Using the fiio q5 with it showed an imbalance of power and fa1 sounded better on the btr1k.

The fa1 fulfills my needs..

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #82 of 398
Thanks for the impressions! As I've noticed that you've tried the IT01 and the P1, how does it compare to them? Would you recommend the FA1 for modern genres such as electronica, metal, etc? Judging by the impressions given by BGGAR and Brooko, it seems like they have good sub-bass.

My personal opinion goes astray from the current public verdict, but IMO the FA1 leans toward the neutral / bass-light side of things. It does have extension and can reach deep levels of subbass, but it doesn't have the visceral rumble that would come with it. I wouldn't consider this a bassy earphone at all -- rather a very clear balanced sound with a little bit of extra emphasis on the upper midrange. If electronic music is your jam, and your music relies heavily on deep bass rumble for its melody, the FA1 might be hard to mesh with. I haven't heard the IT01 and P1 in a long while, so I'd avoid making comments comparing the two (especially the IT01). But the FA1 definitely outdoes the P1 in clarity and accuracy, no doubt.

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #83 of 398
My personal opinion goes astray from the current public verdict, but IMO the FA1 leans toward the neutral / bass-light side of things. It does have extension and can reach deep levels of subbass, but it doesn't have the visceral rumble that would come with it. I wouldn't consider this a bassy earphone at all -- rather a very clear balanced sound with a little bit of extra emphasis on the upper midrange. If electronic music is your jam, and your music relies heavily on deep bass rumble for its melody, the FA1 might be hard to mesh with. I haven't heard the IT01 and P1 in a long while, so I'd avoid making comments comparing the two (especially the IT01). But the FA1 definitely outdoes the P1 in clarity and accuracy, no doubt.

Total agree with you about the SQ of FA1. it is not designed for heavy bass music but more neutral and bass-light. this is the weak point but aslo the advantage.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 6, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #84 of 398

Matches my impressions. Beautifully tuned IMO

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #86 of 398
I'd recommend it for any type of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back