FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Dec 11, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #1,201 of 1,544
Sorry - 1More hasn't ever been in touch about the Quads, so I've never heard them.

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #1,202 of 1,544
Sorry - 1More hasn't ever been in touch about the Quads, so I've never heard them.

-Okey,no problem just intrested how they would look on your graph..Have a nice day Brooko..

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #1,203 of 1,544
It's been a month since the F9 PRO's debut on FiiO 2017 Autumn Launch Event. Ever after that, we've received many positive feedbacks from the public. Comparing to the F9, the F9 PRO has been improved not only from its configurations and sound quality, but also from its accessories with an extra water-resistant neoprene carrying pouch and more types of ear tips.

In terms of the ear tips, different type brings different wearing experience as well as sound signature. Changes on the length, diameter and material of the ear tips might not make any differences to the frequency response curve, but will surely give you a different sound.
On demand of the customers, we hereby introduce the sound trend of each type of ear tips supplied with the F9 PRO. But please also note that the sound quality is an objective term, so it's for your reference only.

A. Balanced Ear Tips
1_副本.jpg

Color: Black for both exterior silicon and interior tube
Size: 3 pairs in small, medium and large sizes
Diameter of the tube: φ3.5mm
Applicable installation diameter: φ3.5-φ6.0mm
Material: Silicon
Balanced ear tips means the sound signature is balanced preferably when applied to FiiO F9 Series as well as the newly-released FH1, instead of all types of earphones. This type of ear tips possesses strong cohesion force on the sound, as well as good bass elasticity and sound reproduction.
The diameters are φ3.5mm for the tubes of both the ear tips and the earbuds. When the sound travels through the air, the consistency of the tubes is good for reducing resonant harmonic when the air flows. Meanwhile, the high frequency sound has strong directivity. When passing through narrow and twisted sound tube, it fades away very fast. So it requires the driver cavity to be as smooth as possible, in order to ensure the extended highs as well as smooth mids and vocals.

B. Bass Ear Tips

2_副本.jpg

Color: Black for exterior silicon and Red for interior tube
Diameter of the tube: φ4.5mm
Applicable installation diameter: φ4.5-φ7.0mm
Material: Mixed silicon
Apart from making an attractive looking, the bi-color design can also help improve the wearing experience and fasten the ear tip tightly to the earbud tube. Generally for For bi-color design, it will use two types of silicon with different hardness ranging from 30° to 60°. The exterior part uses silicon in low hardness from 30° to 40° for better sound isolation and wearing comfort, while the interior tube part uses silicon in 30° to 40° hardness to ensure stable wearing. Meanwhile, the real bi-color ear tips has a clear boundary line while the fake one doesn't have obvious boundary line with one color penetrating to the other.
The bigger tubes of the bass ear tips can result in slower transient response and less elasticity than the balanced ones. The Airflow shares the same principle as the water flow. For example, if the water volume and time is fixed, the flow is more rapid when running through the small tube than the big one. In the same way, when using the bigger-tube bass ear tips, you can feel the sound to be more moderate and a little loose.

C. Vocal Ear Tips
3_副本.jpg

Color: Transparent for exterior silicon and Red for interior tube
Just as the bass ear tips, it also uses bi-color design. During the release of the F9, we have received many feedbacks from our customers, and based on the feedback and some reference from other brands, we have developed the Vocal ear tips, which can effecrtively improve the vocal and dental sounds.
The vocal ear tips have moderate hardness, and the spiral line design further secures the fit and comfort. Meanwhile, it spares enough space for airflow, which highlights the vocal sounds.

D. Foam Ear Tips
4_副本.jpg

Color: Black
Size: 3 pairs in same one-fits-all size
Diameter of the tube: φ4.8mm
Applicable installation diameter: φ5.0-φ6.0mm
Material: Foam
Taking advantage of foam's merits of slow rebound and lasting tension, the foam ear tips can fill your ear canals and bring you much comfort like the customized earphones. Owing to its softness, it is capable of isolating most of the sound from outside, so as to enhance the bass. Meanwhile the small holes inside the foam can absorb the treble, which can further highlight the bass.
All in all, listening experience is a quite subjective term. It'd be better for you to try different ear tips and feel the different sound signatures to find out the ones that suit you most!

For more info of F9 PRO, please kindly visit: http://www.fiio.net/en/products/74#F9PRO

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #1,204 of 1,544
It's been a month since the F9 PRO's debut on FiiO 2017 Autumn Launch Event. Ever after that, we've received many positive feedbacks from the public. Comparing to the F9, the F9 PRO has been improved not only from its configurations and sound quality, but also from its accessories with an extra water-resistant neoprene carrying pouch and more types of ear tips.

In terms of the ear tips, different type brings different wearing experience as well as sound signature. Changes on the length, diameter and material of the ear tips might not make any differences to the frequency response curve, but will surely give you a different sound.
On demand of the customers, we hereby introduce the sound trend of each type of ear tips supplied with the F9 PRO. But please also note that the sound quality is an objective term, so it's for your reference only.

A. Balanced Ear Tips

Balanced ear tips means the sound signature is balanced preferably when applied to FiiO F9 Series as well as the newly-released FH1, instead of all types of earphones. This type of ear tips possesses strong cohesion force on the sound, as well as good bass elasticity and sound reproduction.
The diameters are φ3.5mm for the tubes of both the ear tips and the earbuds. When the sound travels through the air, the consistency of the tubes is good for reducing resonant harmonic when the air flows. Meanwhile, the high frequency sound has strong directivity. When passing through narrow and twisted sound tube, it fades away very fast. So it requires the driver cavity to be as smooth as possible, in order to ensure the extended highs as well as smooth mids and vocals.

B. Bass Ear Tips

Apart from making an attractive looking, the bi-color design can also help improve the wearing experience and fasten the ear tip tightly to the earbud tube. Generally for For bi-color design, it will use two types of silicon with different hardness ranging from 30° to 60°. The exterior part uses silicon in low hardness from 30° to 40° for better sound isolation and wearing comfort, while the interior tube part uses silicon in 30° to 40° hardness to ensure stable wearing. Meanwhile, the real bi-color ear tips has a clear boundary line while the fake one doesn't have obvious boundary line with one color penetrating to the other.
The bigger tubes of the bass ear tips can result in slower transient response and less elasticity than the balanced ones. The Airflow shares the same principle as the water flow. For example, if the water volume and time is fixed, the flow is more rapid when running through the small tube than the big one. In the same way, when using the bigger-tube bass ear tips, you can feel the sound to be more moderate and a little loose.

C. Vocal Ear Tips

Just as the bass ear tips, it also uses bi-color design. During the release of the F9, we have received many feedbacks from our customers, and based on the feedback and some reference from other brands, we have developed the Vocal ear tips, which can effecrtively improve the vocal and dental sounds.
The vocal ear tips have moderate hardness, and the spiral line design further secures the fit and comfort. Meanwhile, it spares enough space for airflow, which highlights the vocal sounds.

D. Foam Ear Tips

Taking advantage of foam's merits of slow rebound and lasting tension, the foam ear tips can fill your ear canals and bring you much comfort like the customized earphones. Owing to its softness, it is capable of isolating most of the sound from outside, so as to enhance the bass. Meanwhile the small holes inside the foam can absorb the treble, which can further highlight the bass.
All in all, listening experience is a quite subjective term. It'd be better for you to try different ear tips and feel the different sound signatures to find out the ones that suit you most!

For more info of F9 PRO, please kindly visit: http://www.fiio.net/en/products/74#F9PRO
Thanks for clearing this up once and for all. Many including myself are given to believe that the bass tips are the smaller bore tips, i.e. the full black and the balanced are the translucent black outer and inner red tips. But I personally think the translucent black and red tips give me the best sound in terms of bass, mids and highs and fit my ear the best.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #1,205 of 1,544
Thanks for clearing this up once and for all. Many including myself are given to believe that the bass tips are the smaller bore tips, i.e. the full black and the balanced are the translucent black outer and inner red tips. But I personally think the translucent black and red tips give me the best sound in terms of bass, mids and highs and fit my ear the best.

A. Balanced Ear Tips

B. Bass Ear Tips

C. Vocal Ear Tips

D. Foam Ear Tips

QFiio: what is the trick to pull out the cable (mmcx) from the headphones. I tried and tried but the cable don´t get out ! Thanks

Dec 14, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #1,207 of 1,544

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #1,208 of 1,544
QFiio: what is the trick to pull out the cable (mmcx) from the headphones. I tried and tried but the cable don´t get out ! Thanks
Hi,
a. Try rotating the Earphone unit before detaching the cable or after installing it;
b. The earphone unit and cable should be kept in line when operating;
c. Try using your fingernail to separate the cable from the earphone unit by the connecting gap.
Best regards

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #1,209 of 1,544
Mine just arrived. Have immediately brought them in and hooked them to the iFi Black label. Listening to Steven Wilson, as I feel he's one of the better producers out there now. First, and I'll just get it out of the way, I've never had iems that sit in your ear the way these do. By that I mean, the whole wires over your ear thing. Being 53 and trying to get used to that will take a little time. Ok, onward. Read the recent post describing the different tips, and decided to try the black/red bass tips. And, just no. Too much treble, sorry. Ok, back to reading up on tips. Next try, the clear/red vocal tips. Now, this is more like it. Very nice balance. Very slight bass emphasis. Calmed the treble back down to where I like it. Think I'll go with these tips for a day or two, then try the others. Over all, I find these to be pretty great as far as first impressions go. Very comfy in the ears, just have to get used to the wire over ear thing. And the packaging is wonderful, as usual with Fiio. Love the little carry bag, much better for simple trips as opposed to the larger, hard plastic box.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,212 of 1,544
Fiio, thanks for clearly describing ear tips specification. Now I can use them with more awaressness. Untill now I've thought that the most bassy tips are the foam ones. I'm quiet new in this IEM's buissness, so for me the more knowledge I get, more "force" will be with me :). Really good work!!!

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,213 of 1,544
I have no expierence with iems. But I wan´t not carry my Hifiman 560 for holydays! That´s why I buy the Fiio F9 Pro. I think it was a good choice for the Price and SQ. Thanks Fiio! Now I´m trying various eartips and burn in the F9 pro with Fiio X7 ii!

Attachments

• 20171215_174304.jpg
    20171215_174304.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #1,215 of 1,544
I bought these in the hope that they'd be a less expensive option for my dying beloved Westone UM2's.

I really dislike the memory wire. So upon receipt of the F9's, I swapped out the cable with the Westone epic cable. Unfortunately, the right connector wouldn't stay connected. . I couldn't walk more than 10 steps before it'd come loose.

Everything was fine using the F9 stock cable. But as I indicated, I really dislike the memory wire. I sent them back to Amazon. Just bought the Pioneer SE-CH IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back