FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Aug 29, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #286 of 1,544
Nope,just worried about what my wife would say if i bought them and i was not happy when i got them :wink:..In other words,i would spend 100US on something that is pretty much the same as my Fiio X1 II Gen,capisce mio amico ?

I don't have the X1 gen2 earphone, but I have a Titan 1 which should be pretty similar (I could be wrong on this - I didn't get to test the EX1ii)

The F9 is in red.

f9.png

Both should sound similar with the F9 having a slight edge in the upper treble (it can get a bit hot especially with cymbals). If you're sensitive in that area it might be a bit peaky. Otherwise, much better fit, comfort and isolation. Its easily the best sub $100 earphone I've tried to date.

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #287 of 1,544
Thanks music brother for taking the time to explain..If i would buy them it would be for :FIT,Comfort and Isolation..and i thought that i had enough of treble..with the Fiio X1 II Gen,guess not.I got iMoore on route..got them for 46US..see how they compare.I can honestly say i'm very happy with the Fiio X1 II Gen..but this hobby is never 100% happy to my wallet..:wink:

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #290 of 1,544
Welp... I ordered the black F9 as soon as I saw them in stock but apparently they're sold out again. Looks like I'll have to wait for a couple of weeks more just for them to ship :/

Also, regarding reviews. Not that I'm an expert or professional reviewer but I find that when it comes to head/earphones your appreciation of them will vary immensely depending on what previous earphone/headphone you were listening to before or used to. I find that, for example when I'm accustomed to a warmer sounding earphone and switch to something that has a very bright sound that first couple of hours of listening can seem a bit weird and the transition is a bit jarring. That's why I try to not review things over night. I like to "sleep" on my thoughts at least for a couple of days before I post anything that nears a final impression.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #294 of 1,544
I don't have the X1 gen2 earphone, but I have a Titan 1 which should be pretty similar (I could be wrong on this - I didn't get to test the EX1ii)

The F9 is in red.

Both should sound similar with the F9 having a slight edge in the upper treble (it can get a bit hot especially with cymbals). If you're sensitive in that area it might be a bit peaky. Otherwise, much better fit, comfort and isolation. Its easily the best sub $100 earphone I've tried to date.

Thanks Brooko for the graphs. And I agree, depending on how sensitive a person is to that 7-8khz spike, the F9 can get a bit peaky. The Kinera H3 also has a peak at the 6k and 8k points, and it too gets a little too sparkly at times for me.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #296 of 1,544

The F9 is in red.

Thanks Brooko for the graphs. And I agree, depending on how sensitive a person is to that 7-8khz spike, the F9 can get a bit peaky. The Kinera H3 also has a peak at the 6k and 8k points, and it too gets a little too sparkly at times for me.

Balls. Does this mean the FiiO F9 sounds similar to the Kinera H3?

Just a week ago I bought the Kinera H3 and found they had very lean bass to my liking, or more precisely the highs were very more prominent than the bass, so to get to hear the bass the way I wanted the highs were blasting, making them a very fatiguing experience for me (although they were *very* comfortable). I sold them a few days ago and ordered the FiiO F9's after deciding between them and the Simgot EN700 Bass.

If the FiiO F9's are anything like the Kinera H3's I will be selling them with a discount at the blink of an eye.

Any thoughts on compareing the sound of the FiiO F9's with that of the Kinera H3's?

Thanks.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #297 of 1,544

Just a week ago I bought the Kinera H3 and found they had very lean bass to my liking, or more precisely the highs were very more prominent than the bass, so to get to hear the bass the way I wanted the highs were blasting, making them a very fatiguing experience for me (although they were *very* comfortable). I sold them a few days ago and ordered the FiiO F9's after deciding between them and the Simgot EN700 Bass.

If the FiiO F9's are anything like the Kinera H3's I will be selling them with a discount at the blink of an eye.

Any thoughts on compareing the sound of the FiiO F9's with that of the Kinera H3's?

Thanks.
I use the Fiio A5 bass boost to give them a nice bump on the bass-subbass

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #298 of 1,544
hi , is possible use m2s in mode dac with android phone , so i can use spotify tidal and others ?

Android phone > otg cable to M2s > iem .

thanks .

Thanks.

I'll try my best to provide you with a suitable answer soon. Comparing them is going to be a bit difficult as I need to be super careful the ensure what they are volume matched

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #300 of 1,544
Am I incorrect in saying that these look just like the NuForce IEMs??

Yes, you are. There's bound to be some similarities between similarly specced IEMs given the ergonomic challenges and practical concerns but in terms of shape and details they are easily distinguishable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back