FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Aug 27, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #272 of 1,544
I don't know why, but I find this really funny XD

I known FiiO's brand position and we are famous cause we can bring some really good products at reasonable price, but for the LTD version , it is not our style but I want to make some for me and for my friend , and maybe there are some people will also like it. in fact, it is not a commercial project and we are not going to sell it by our agents.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 27, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #274 of 1,544
Well, I bit the bullet.I wanted an IEM upgrade. The black model was in stock. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will receive it. Seeing some of the highest regarded community members speak so highly of it and knowing that I'm not overly-sensitive to high pitched frequencies I think I will enjoy them very much.

Aug 27, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #275 of 1,544
Well, I bit the bullet.I wanted an IEM upgrade. The black model was in stock. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will receive it. Seeing some of the highest regarded community members speak so highly of it and knowing that I'm not overly-sensitive to high pitched frequencies I think I will enjoy them very much.

You not the only one, I also put in my order for the Black SE early Saturday morning. This will be my first IEM ever, which I will mostly use it for outside. I hope it will be better for outside than my Grados, lol.

Aug 28, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #276 of 1,544
You not the only one, I also put in my order for the Black SE early Saturday morning. This will be my first IEM ever, which I will mostly use it for outside. I hope it will be better for outside than my Grados, lol.

I mean no offence, particularly because I own a Grado SR125, but it's not very hard to beat their sound quality. If the F9 retain or improve upon the width and imaging of the Fiio F5 I think you will be surprisingly pleased. If not, they will sound very different to your ears, but not to an extent that you can't easily get used to after a couple of hours of listening.

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #278 of 1,544
  1. No difference in the cables (measured) ......
  2. Soundstage (for an IEM) back of the club (150 people) ?? Not unless you're using DSP on your player.
  3. F9 improving with amplification - it's 28 ohm and 106 dB sensitivity. Amplification ain't going to improve it. If he was getting anything extra from the Chord its the different ability of the DAC
The F9 is an excellent IEM at a fantastic price. But why do people have to carry on with the stuff that can't possibly be true? Why not just state the actuals without all the fluff?

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #279 of 1,544
  1. No difference in the cables (measured) ......
  2. Soundstage (for an IEM) back of the club (150 people) ?? Not unless you're using DSP on your player.
  3. F9 improving with amplification - it's 28 ohm and 106 dB sensitivity. Amplification ain't going to improve it. If he was getting anything extra from the Chord its the different ability of the DAC
The F9 is an excellent IEM at a fantastic price. But why do people have to carry on with the stuff that can't possibly be true? Why not just state the actuals without all the fluff?
Because how else do you OMG HYPE!!! Stuff?
Audiophile communities live on hype and magical cable joo joo.
Surely you can't expect logic and reason here of all places, can you?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #280 of 1,544
I'm quite surprised to be hearing the term "PRaT" again. Thought it died off years ago after people realised it was a fallback term for people who didn't understand transient response and/or frequency masking.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #281 of 1,544
I'm quite surprised to be hearing the term "PRaT" again. Thought it died off years ago after people realised it was a fallback term for people who didn't understand transient response and/or frequency masking.

LOL - thanks Crin - I was going to raise that too but figured I'd already been too critical, and bad form as a reviewer to be bagging someone else's. But it was just too easy a target.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #282 of 1,544
Sorry guys,i'm a noob when it comes to all the special "music lingo"use here and in other Music Forums.
So i blame my,which i thought,was a indept review of these IEM's,but i guess i was wrong maybe posting it and not understad half of what he said..*me blushing*
But hopefully the Forum members could find something usefull..

I want the F9 but is the diffrence between my Fiio X1 II Gen and the F9 worth the money..??I humbly ask you..

Have an awsome day Forum members..Thailand not so fun,rain is pooring down..

Sorry for my English...I DID NOT DO this review..ONLY POSTED IT...

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #284 of 1,544
As in are you worried if either of them would be a bottleneck?

Nope,just worried about what my wife would say if i bought them and i was not happy when i got them :wink:..In other words,i would spend 100US on something that is pretty much the same as my Fiio X1 II Gen,capisce mio amico ?

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #285 of 1,544
Sorry guys,i'm a noob when it comes to all the special "music lingo"use here and in other Music Forums.
So i blame my,which i thought,was a indept review of these IEM's,but i guess i was wrong maybe posting it and not understad half of what he said..*me blushing*
But hopefully the Forum members could find something usefull..

I want the F9 but is the diffrence between my Fiio X1 II Gen and the F9 worth the money..??I humbly ask you..

Have an awsome day Forum members..Thailand not so fun,rain is pooring down..

Sorry myself too - wasn't meaning to belittle the review. If I was giving the reviewer advice .... Find a reference piece of gear and use that to always reset your base-line. I often use my HD600 for HD800S for tonality and timbre, and have a couple of IEM's which I can use to further reset my expectations. When comparing anything be very careful to volume match exactly, and if possible, get someone to help switch things. The cables are easy - especially if he had an adaptor (even easier if he had a splitter too). Be aware of expectation bias - if you expect to hear something differently - then often you'll hear it regardless of whether its there or not.

When testing for soundstage, use multiple IEMs (volume matched), preferably a track with good cues (binaural tracks are really good), close your eyes and see if you can pinpoint how far away the instruments are. Most IEMs I test won't have a perceived soundstage much outside the perimeter of my head. They can't - in most cases they are closed, stereo, and having no cross-talk. This means you're hearing the recording in the track. It's virtually impossible to have a soundstage the size of a small club with an IEM. I'm lucky most time if they can give an impression outside my head.

And when you're testing amplification - volume match properly. Its the biggest issue when comparing. We hear louder as better (its how we are wired as humans). Take that difference away, get someone else doing the switching, and all of a sudden you are left only with the music (no visual clues to cloud your impressions). Then you'll find truth.

Reviewing is certainly a subjective opinion - but the best reviews (IMO) are the ones which give you truth without having to embellish it. Most people reading reviews are those looking to possibly buy. Whats better for them - to read a review and then find that the review is an accurate representation of what they've eventually bought - or to read a review, buy the item, and then find that the reality doesn't match the story. Those people will never trust those reviews again. The F9 is good enough without having to embellish the story :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back