FiiO EM3 - Impression and Discussion
Mar 27, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #151 of 362
Curious. 
I've always had issues with earbuds never producing any bass until I hold them in the 'correct' position and apply some pressure to my ear.
If there's a bud out there that naturally throws clear sound including deep bass, that would genuinely surprise me.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #155 of 362
Great impressions, might have to look into the monks, your verdict on the EM3`s is spot on with what I heard. I hold the sennheiser ie800`s as my preferred sound signature and thought that the E100`s were decently close. Unfortunately they have driver damage, do you think the Monks will be a good fit for me for more casual use? Thanks in advance. 

The Monks are a very fine sounding $5 bud. The problem I have is with proper fit. My ear is just not shaped well to hold the bud in place without jamming it in. That said, many have added the ubiquitous available hooks, and state this allowed for good fit.

As for sound, the Monk is a really nice sound regardless of the price. I will be using my pair in the comparison, too. For $5, you can't go wrong. Both of my kids are using a pair as their quick-listen pair. They really are good.

And thanks for the excellent review of the EM3's. It was a very good read.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #157 of 362
  Great impressions, might have to look into the monks, your verdict on the EM3`s is spot on with what I heard. I hold the sennheiser ie800`s as my preferred sound signature and thought that the E100`s were decently close. Unfortunately they have driver damage, do you think the Monks will be a good fit for me for more casual use? Thanks in advance. 

In terms of a sound quality, both EM3 and Monk will "fit" many people's taste.  In terms of the fit, as you can see from the pictures - Monk might not suite everybody due to a larger and a more generic shell.  Still worth a try, these are dirt cheap!

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #158 of 362
its great fiio releasing good sounding open earbuds for such low price, however i don't mind paying more if they can build something more audiophile
smile.gif

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #160 of 362
  Here's hoping that a Fiio fan from Canada is eligible for the prize!

Colin94, it is not hard to get a EM3 to our winner here , we will have 10 winners here , and winning probability will be higher , if you can post one or two more comments here.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #163 of 362
  Curious. 
I've always had issues with earbuds never producing any bass until I hold them in the 'correct' position and apply some pressure to my ear.
If there's a bud out there that naturally throws clear sound including deep bass, that would genuinely surprise me.

There are some traditional earbuds that produce much more bass than others, however the traditional earbuds with the best bass have bass that is much more on the "quick" side rather than the "deep" side. It seems that to get strong deep bass from an earphone it needs to be coupled well with the ear, which means a closed(or almost closed-like an IEM that is slightly ported) design that offers isolation.

Unfortunately most of the traditional earbuds with better bass have been discontinued, such as the Sennheiser MX985, MX980, MX580, Sony MDR-E484, and Sony MDR-E888. The MX980 and MX985 are large, too large for many to get a good fit. The Sony E484 used on Ebay is expensive(over $250). The Sony E888 is also very expensive. The Sennheiser MX580 can still sometimes be found new for under $100. The MX580 has an annoying volume control on the cable though. Otherwise Imo it is an excellent product. I had the Sony E484, but sold it when prices of used ones got very high.  I never had the MX980 or MX985.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #165 of 362
I bet they sound great. I will be waiting to hear how they sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back