FiiO EH3 NC - Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #137 of 143
I am looking to buy my first NC over-hear headphones and EH3 sound like good VFM. I have one question though - should these headphones be charged only via USB on a computer? Can I use the USB adapter that is used to charge mobile phones?

I am unable to find the input voltage that are needed to charge these headphones. Most phone charging adapters have fast charge features 9V/2A or 5V/4A etc. Any thoughts?

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #138 of 143
I am looking to buy my first NC over-hear headphones and EH3 sound like good VFM. I have one question though - should these headphones be charged only via USB on a computer? Can I use the USB adapter that is used to charge mobile phones?

I am unable to find the input voltage that are needed to charge these headphones. Most phone charging adapters have fast charge features 9V/2A or 5V/4A etc. Any thoughts?

Yes you can charge then with any USB-C charger 5V 1A-2A. It does not support fast charging...as far as I know.
Also if you are buying these for just for NC only then these may not be the best choice, but for its overall features and performance its a good value compared to the competition.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #139 of 143
Yes you can charge then with any USB-C charger 5V 1A-2A. It does not support fast charging...as far as I know.
Thanks for the quick response.

I see the Fiio website mentions quick charge here (scroll down to the bottom, in the comparison table). It says that the device runs for 3 hours with a 10-min charge. This got me thinking if it ran like the mobile phone quick charge feature and that made me curious to know what adapter to choose. After all, I wouldn't want to blow them by using a very high voltage. :scream:

Also if you are buying these for just for NC only then these may not be the best choice, but for its overall features and performance its a good value compared to the competition.

I am not too keen on the NC feature. It's more of a nice-to-have for occasional use. My primary uses are to listen to music, watch movies on my TV and for gaming (I intend to get an aptx LL transmitter for my TV)

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #140 of 143
Thanks for the quick response.

I see the Fiio website mentions quick charge here (scroll down to the bottom, in the comparison table). It says that the device runs for 3 hours with a 10-min charge. This got me thinking if it ran like the mobile phone quick charge feature and that made me curious to know what adapter to choose. After all, I wouldn't want to blow them by using a very high voltage. :scream:

I am not too keen on the NC feature. It's more of a nice-to-have for occasional use. My primary uses are to listen to music, watch movies on my TV and for gaming (I intend to get an aptx LL transmitter for my TV)

The Quick Charge technology is owned by Qualcomm, so any Qualcomm certified charger will work.
I bought this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HFFLMS/

If comfort and sound quality are the most important thing for you then you should enjoy these headphones.

Aug 27, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #142 of 143
Makes sense, after all this has a Qualcomm chip.

How much time does it take to charge from 0-100 with the charger that you have linked above?

I've never let the battery get to 0. But from about 40-100% it takes about an hour. I've never actually timed it but I know its not long enough for me to complain.

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #143 of 143
Hi all, I am interested in these headphones, but I have some concerns before buying. I need headphones to watch TV, listen to music and chat on Skype. This model seems to check those boxes and I'm not very picky about sound quality, but:

- does the headset microphone appear as an USB recording device on Windows? I would like to chat with the USB-C connection because my laptop is old and has BT 2.1, so I think the sound will not be good using the internal adapter, and I would rather not use an USB dongle.

- I often listen to classical music (but not only) and I know that I can modify the EQ settings with the FiiO Music app, but it would be nice to have a Classical preset. Does anyone have a customised preset for this type of music? How could I apply this preset in the FiiO Music app in order to save the new settings on the device?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back