FiiO Earbuds Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #271 of 289
I would respectfully disagree with the first statement. Personally, I prefer headphones that fit me so well with their sound that I don't feel the need to intervene with EQ. However, I have to admit that this is not the case with the FF3, those I add a bit of air with the MSEB. Nevertheless, I am very fond of them.
Those issues you have with static electricity with metal earbuds are pretty unique in my opinion. It must be annoying. Let me joke: maybe you're a powerful bioelectric unit (sort of like an electric eel), which you could use to recharge your DAP on the fly ⚡😁🖖
(Apologies for the translator, the gist will hopefully be understandable.)
I totally agree with you. If a IEM / headphone needs EQ than it is just no good. Also when using a dac/amplifier with a iPhone or iPad EQ is not possible (only the crappy Apple EQ, crappy Deezer EQ or music files without DRM which means you can’t use a streaming service). So if it needs a EQ it’s bye bye 👋🏼 for me.

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #272 of 289
I would respectfully disagree with the first statement. Personally, I prefer headphones that fit me so well with their sound that I don't feel the need to intervene with EQ. However, I have to admit that this is not the case with the FF3, those I add a bit of air with the MSEB. Nevertheless, I am very fond of them.
Those issues you have with static electricity with metal earbuds are pretty unique in my opinion. It must be annoying. Let me joke: maybe you're a powerful bioelectric unit (sort of like an electric eel), which you could use to recharge your DAP on the fly ⚡😁🖖
(Apologies for the translator, the gist will hopefully be understandable.)

most classic style buds need treble reduced and bass increased with eq

here is the mseb frequencies if you need them

OFFICIAL - based on parametric eq1 --

Overall Temperature is a tilt of the whole line towards treble (cool) or bass (warm)
Bass extension 70Hz and below
Bass texture 100Hz (medium)
Note thickness 200Hz (wide)
Vocals 650Hz (very wide)
Female overtones 3kHz (tight)
Sibilance LF 5.8kHz (medium)
Sibilance HF 9.2kHz (medium)
Impulse response 7.5kHz (very wide)
Air 10kHz sloped all the way to 20kHz

em5 i turned sub bass up and female overtones down to make them more flat and even sounding

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #273 of 289
@FiiO

Hello did anyone had issue with one of the drivers of the FF5 blowing itself?,
I bought 2 pairs and both pairs had driver issue, the first pair had the right driver blowing up alone and distorting without even turning up that much volume (Connected to a Fiio K7 with 4.4mm balanced connector barely used,the buds was 2 weeks old) had to return it to a big online seller.
The second one i bought from a different seller is doing the same issue.
Am i the only one facing this issue?

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #274 of 289
@FiiO

I bought 2 pairs and both pairs had driver issue, the first pair had the right driver blowing up alone and distorting without even turning up that much volume (Connected to a Fiio K7 with 4.4mm balanced connector barely used,the buds was 2 weeks old) had to return it to a big online seller.
You are the only one that I know of that has this issue. Do you use EQ with them?

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #276 of 289
@FiiO

i had one side of my ff3 get wrecked because of static electric shocks coming from my clothes > body > earbud

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #279 of 289
@FiiO

Dear friend,

To be honest, some of FF5 users may meet the problem with the driver. But generally, the issue will not happen that frequently.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #281 of 289
My video about FF3S

Good update of FF3: more comfortable and with an improved sound

apparently its aluminum which makes it 50% lighter then the ff3

i dont think this would help me any with my static electricity shocks problem

i even get them a bit with my fiio em5's and they are made of resin, im guessing its the metal inside them

i found the ff3 had more bass then the em5, so i wonder what the sound profile of the ff3s is like

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #282 of 289
apparently its aluminum which makes it 50% lighter then the ff3
Yes, exactly. It is interesting when "more premium" material caused less comfort.

i found the ff3 had more bass then the em5, so i wonder what the sound profile of the ff3s is like
To my ears, FF3S has a bit less midbass and slightly deeper lows, which sounds more balanced.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #283 of 289

2) The stock cable​

Had a spare FD7 cable around and I don't think I am going back to stock.

Well, ended up going back to the stock cable after all. :see_no_evil:

I have a bigger concha -- ear anatomy, OK, Spanish readers? -- and the stock silicone rings are not simply big enough to secure the earbuds in my ear, and to avoid the excess of bass leak. Tried stacking them but this turned out to be a hassle. I hope I have finally settled in with the cushion:
1712872489590.png

Positional variance is key to get the best sound of these earbuds, and having a hole in the foam was also a necessary evil. Otherwise, it does sound veiled to me.

Materials​

1. First layer of thicker silicone rings. These ones were a pleasant surprise: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802247151089.html
  2. Followed by foam eartips scissored in the center. The choice of colors should be self-explanatory: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832499429619.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back