Fiio E9 *The Big Users Guide* ~ The 10 x headphone round-up ~ How does yours stack-up with the E9? <pictures inside>
Feb 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #47 of 52
I just want to throw in, and OP clearly recognizes this, but I think the E9 often gets flac for things that are actually the E7 dac's fault. I use the E9 with an HRT Music Streamer II, and though it's not a super high end dac, it's a huge step up from the E7 in my view and I've enjoyed my E9 a whole lot more since the switch.

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #48 of 52
Quote:
I just want to throw in, and OP clearly recognizes this, but I think the E9 often gets flac for things that are actually the E7 dac's fault. I use the E9 with an HRT Music Streamer II, and though it's not a super high end dac, it's a huge step up from the E7 in my view and I've enjoyed my E9 a whole lot more since the switch.

Totally agree, but not so much on the E7 part. An amp is generally only as good as what it's attached to. My Magni will sound like a piece of junk if I have it connected to a $30 portable CD player. It sounds different with everything that's connected. I can't even "hear" the Magni, but mostly the source with minor improvements.

Some amps seems so much less revealing of what's connected though and have their own mild coloration. The E9 does somewhat, but not too badly. The E9 is no O2/Magni, but still good.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #49 of 52
Quote:
Totally agree, but not so much on the E7 part. An amp is generally only as good as what it's attached to. My Magni will sound like a piece of junk if I have it connected to a $30 portable CD player. It sounds different with everything that's connected. I can't even "hear" the Magni, but mostly the source with minor improvements.

Some amps seems so much less revealing of what's connected though and have their own mild coloration. The E9 does somewhat, but not too badly. The E9 is no O2/Magni, but still good.

Yea, sorry if I wasn't clear! What you just said is exactly what I was trying to say, haha. Like, if the E9 is connected to ****, people say it's the E9's fault, but it's not, it would be the $30 CD player's fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back