FiiO E5
Apr 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Agony

100+ Head-Fier
What do you guys usually use your E5 for? I just received mine today, and the thing overall seems useless, except for the bass boost feature. It didn't really help drive my TF10s; I know for sure the 3GS cannot power it sufficiently. Or can it? Ah well.

I'm just curious as to how you guys use the E5 for, so maybe I can find a use for them.

Very best.

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 9
Are you using an LOD? If not be sure to set your phones volume to 3/4 from full and use the E5's volume. I use mine with a ipod mini and touch with fairly good results. If you're not using an LOD one may just help you.

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
What do you guys usually use your E5 for? I just received mine today, and the thing overall seems useless, except for the bass boost feature. It didn't really help drive my TF10s; I know for sure the 3GS cannot power it sufficiently. Or can it? Ah well.

I'm just curious as to how you guys use the E5 for, so maybe I can find a use for them.

Very best.

I use it because I want to use my LOD. When raising volume on ipod straight out of headphone I get static and many other issues associated with the poor headphone out design and circuitry(to audiophile standards) the LOD largely fixes this problem..but then...I also need an amp. So for a portable setup the E5 is just going along for a ride with me so I can use the LOD. Win Win.

Most amps provide a different tonality and is why they are bought. In my opinion the E5 provides little tonality difference from most devices other than from the bass EQ. IT is mainly for the purpose of raising the volume for harder to drive headphone's and not for a better sonic difference. If your TF10's are adequately driven then just continue as is.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 9
After getting an Asgard, I rarely use it anymore. However, sometimes if I get that 'want to use something different' feeling, I will break out the Fiio. Also, sometimes I think it adds a little heft to the sound for some of my cans right out of the computer, but I think that's placebo. Overall, I don't really notice much difference in the sound, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know. The bass boost is a nice feature for some, but I don't use EQ on my sound, so I don't use it for that either.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:

Very best.

the fiio e5 imo is pretty useless, its good if you want a ok bass boost, and more volume control, of course i feel this is at the cost of Hissing which is prertty annoying.

May 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 9
Poor Fiio E5 
frown.gif
 It gets a bad rap from some people. I guess it depends on use and functionality.

I found E5 to do wonders for my ipod touch, especially bypassing that horrid volume cap. 
wink.gif

May 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #9 of 9
TF10 is a hissing fest with the E5.  =\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back