FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Feb 19, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #1,127 of 1,737
Hi guys i just bought a pair of sennheiser pxc 350 and i want to know if the Fiio e5 will improve the sound of it and is it worth it

Thanks

Vince

They are 750ohms active/ 150ohms passive i think
not sure tough

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #1,128 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It will add some hiss... so you don't really need that amp for the D2, since the impedance adapter will fix the shortcomings on its own. Around 40 Ohm should be fine.

Thanks for the reply dfkt!
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know...some users are reporting a better soundstage and generally better audio from the D2 using a FiiO2...therefore I got the idea of getting a FiiO E5.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #1,129 of 1,737
Well yeah, the usual issues with somewhat flawed players are fixed by either higher impedance adapters or an amp. Stereo crosstalk (= soundstage) decreases with anything above 30-50 Ohm, background hiss decreases, same goes for bass roll-off.

If the player has a wimpy amp an impedance adapter might make it too quiet, but the D2 is still the loudest player I know. Anyways, both approaches have their benefits - only that the FiiO might not fix the hiss but might actually increase it.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #1,130 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well yeah, the usual issues with somewhat flawed players are fixed by either higher impedance adapters or an amp. Stereo crosstalk (= soundstage) decreases with anything above 30-50 Ohm, background hiss decreases, same goes for bass roll-off.

If the player has a wimpy amp an impedance adapter might make it too quiet, but the D2 is still the loudest player I know. Anyways, both approaches have their benefits - only that the FiiO might not fix the hiss but might actually
increase it.

I guess that I'll just get myself a 33ohm impedance adapter then (to remove the hiss)...and if i have a chance to try the FiiO E5 (friends) I'll see what is the outcome with mt setup.

Thanks once again for the kind reply.
Have a good one.
beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #1,131 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ngsm13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should have just paid the extra $4 to get it from head-direct....

I ordered 2/4/09 and it was in stock then... so I don't know why I don't have my product. I looked, and it hasn't even shipped yet. I go to cancel, and it says I may receive a refund OR credit by 3/4/09... What?

nG

or just pay a few cents more at mp4nation
ordered tuesday, shipped today
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #1,132 of 1,737
Just wanted to let you all know i ordered mine from mp4nation for $18 and they are shipping it today. 3 day turnaround.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #1,133 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincethedevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys i just bought a pair of sennheiser pxc 350 and i want to know if the Fiio e5 will improve the sound of it and is it worth it

Thanks

Vince

They are 750ohms active/ 150ohms passive i think
not sure tough

please guys i need an answer
frown.gif
frown.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #1,135 of 1,737
I am not sure but I think I am hearing distortion with the bass boost on with my hd555s. Do you think it could be that the quality of the song is only 320kbps? I think this distortion sound goes away went he bass boost is turned off.

I am nervous that something is messed up, can someone tell me how I can test to make sure everything is working correctly? I also used the bass boost on a song that was only 192kbps but it was classical and it sounded very good. I am really confused.

hmmm the distortion seems to have gone away when I used the portable setup in my sig.

The only time I heard the same sound that I was complaining about above on my ipod was when I had bass boost on on the ipod. Maybe my computer has some weird eq settings on under windows?

but i must say my ipod with the fiio e5 sounds damn good
smily_headphones1.gif
too bad my laptop is fail...

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #1,136 of 1,737
I just ordered mine from Head-direct as back up, maybe just more portable amp solution for my IEMs but this little thing is good with the HD555s? I was probably going to play around and try that anyways but thats good to know.

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #1,137 of 1,737
HD555 with the bass boost on is just pretty damn cool! It gives the HD555 that kick in the low that it needs, so that it's real laidback, damn nice headphone!

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #1,139 of 1,737
I saw a post on erji.net where FiiO states they are selling up to ten thousand E5* , so you can imagine how demanding the little things is.

[EDIT] On second thought, I think they are saying ten thousand E5 since launch.

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #1,140 of 1,737
Im amazed, what are people other than head-fiers wanting these things for? I got an email from Head-Direct saying mine has shipped already so maybe DX just isnt the best place to be ordering from, just a tad cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back