FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #706 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironmike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my E5 today from mp4 nation!

Mine turned up today (UK) and will charge it fully, but had a quick blast on it and it's not as wide a soundstage as my LD Mk1 and there's less in the highs, but it's still good, very cheap, very useable and very tiny (though not as small as the E3, though that doesn't have volume control) so more portable for me.
Lovely.

Now back to my sick bed.
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #707 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Now back to my sick bed.
frown.gif

Now that's a serious head-fier! Hope you feel better soon.
smile.gif

I got my tracking number from MP4Nation and I also have one ordered from Head-Direct.

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #708 of 1,737
just finished charging my e5... doing a little "burn-in" before i do any real listening... will update with my amateur thoughts

edit: e5 #167
first impressions: after listening to the e5 through my es7's and my sr325i's, i can't say that does that much. soundstage and detail may be improved slightly. there is still hiss like with the e3. however, it is a linear progression (lower volume on the e5 yields less hiss). at the highest volume on the e5, the hiss is pretty much the same as the e3 imo.

bass boost reminds me of the e3. no bass boost feels more like a neutral amp that adds a little bit to the sound quality. i guess for $20ish it's okay.

i'll keep listening and try to see if it gets any better.

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #710 of 1,737
Mp4nation gave me a tracking number, but maybe i did not understand how to properly use it.

I try to insert the traking number in this web page,

Hongkong Post - Mail Tracking

but the site asks for another kind of code too, or tells me my number does not exist...

Can someone help me?

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #711 of 1,737
It takes a few days for HK Post to update their database. Maybe you should try the code later.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #712 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by archigius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mp4nation gave me a tracking number, but maybe i did not understand how to properly use it.

I try to insert the traking number in this web page,

Hongkong Post - Mail Tracking

but the site asks for another kind of code too, or tells me my number does not exist...

Can someone help me?

underneath the box where you type in your tracking number there is another box where you select your destination. the only problem is that i did not see italy on the list as a nation to be selected. it says above that second box "Online tracking information on the delivery status of registered mail/parcels sent overseas is available for selective countries. You can connect to the mail tracking website of the country below directly. For destinations not on the list, tracking information is only available up to departure from Hong Kong." not sure it can be tracked to italy. wish i could be more help.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #713 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not sure it can be tracked to italy. wish i could be more help.

I think you're right.
But i can't understand how useful can be... a mail tracking number that can't track the mail
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #714 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do know that the UHP336 are Super.Fi 3 clones, and that they don't need burn-in, because they're armature drivers?

What the.......are you serious? Well, I guess I can stop draining the h*ll
out of my Sansa Clip! I'm such a n00b, but I'll learn, thanks!

I got the newer Fiio because I was tired of changing batteries, glad Fiio addressed that with E5!
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #718 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, it is #354, if the last three digits make up the serial number.

In that case, mine is #177. Also, the colour on the box said it was to be a white E5, but when I opened it up I found I had the more snazzy black model.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #719 of 1,737
White as in the color of the plastic on the top and bottom. The main body is always in anodized aluminum black.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #720 of 1,737
Anymore impressions from people that got there's? Alot of people have posted they got there and are charging it but have not returned to share their thoughts. Must be good as people are listing to it instead of posting here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back