FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Nov 22, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #466 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spectrum3.jpg

Here is a new spectrum I made and here is the 101:

SigmaTel is the build-in soundcard on my Dell XPS420, and it is the baseline used on all the measurement.

It would be interesting to see plots with the soundcard measurements subtracted, as well as results with e.g. a 100 Ohm load.

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #467 of 1,737
ive looked at a few pages and could not find anything about my question, sorry if it was already asked.

would this amp be decent for driving a pair of grado 325i? it seems most of the reviews used earbud style headphones

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #468 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by gasstronamicle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive looked at a few pages and could not find anything about my question, sorry if it was already asked.

would this amp be decent for driving a pair of grado 325i? it seems most of the reviews used earbud style headphones

That's because the Fiio amps are made for portability?

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #471 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Corrected
tongue.gif

the xin has a uber mini amp too, and from what ive read its amazing, so small size doesnt mean it cant power big headphones. im still curious as to how these do with grado's is any one can offer their opinion. (especially the 325i).

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #473 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by gasstronamicle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the xin has a uber mini amp too, and from what ive read its amazing, so small size doesnt mean it cant power big headphones. im still curious as to how these do with grado's is any one can offer their opinion. (especially the 325i).

It sounds better i'm sure, but costs at least 10x more, is bigger, and the lead time is 12months, if you are lucky.

@ B.Dylan, it is not for sale yet. Any week now though it should be available.

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #474 of 1,737
Hopefully I can get some help from people who have a demo unit or people who have used the E3. I'm interested in the E5 because I need a cheap amp to help boost the anemic volume out of the jack in the back of my PC that can be used with headphones. Now, the portability aspect is not something I need since I will be primarily using it with my PC, though it is nice. So my question is this. How does the quality of these amplifiers compare with some of the other cheapies? Like the Boostaroo? Amazon.com: Boostaroo Portable Audio Amplifier/Splitter: Electronics Or the Behringer MicroAmp HA400? Amazon.com: Behringer MicroAmp HA400 Ultra-Compact 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier: Electronics Also keep in mind that I don't need the splitter function of those other 2 cheapies.

So would those 2 that are already released be worth it? Or is it worth waiting for the E5? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back