FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Nov 9, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #362 of 1,737
me three, how come everything i want, isnt available yet?

i have been waiting for the archos 7 for eons, and that keeps getting put back and put back, and now this...

will the gods of all things materialistic and frivolous hear my pleas?

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #363 of 1,737
Quaddy, one you get your object of desire, I'd be really interested in a Xin SMIV or Reference comparison...
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #365 of 1,737
AFAIK, E5 hasn't reach the stage of full production yet, so there might still be a weeks or two of waiting. I do believe those E5 in the picture are fully functional prototypes that are intended for early preview purposes.

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #367 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quaddy, one you get your object of desire, I'd be really interested in a Xin SMIV or Reference comparison...
wink.gif

hehe, well, i have never heard a reference, its been on order for ages, and i sold my previous SMIV, and am awaiting one from xin, (hence grayed out in signature) so i cant compare to the ref and the SMIV will be from memory, but i am sure the xins will trounce the fiio....they better had!
icon10.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #368 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hehe, well, i have never heard a reference, its been on order for ages, and i sold my previous SMIV, and am awaiting one from xin, (hence grayed out in signature) so i cant compare to the ref and the SMIV will be from memory, but i am sure the xins will trounce the fiio....they better had!
icon10.gif

Hopefully by the time you get your Xin, FiiO will have the E7 ready for the shoot out.
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #369 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully by the time you get your Xin, FiiO will have the E7 ready for the shoot out.
tongue.gif

never a truer word said in jest!
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #374 of 1,737
just got my e3 on wednesday, and it makes my ipod sound so much better, but not as good as my cmoy amp, but its definitely portable, and itll be a long time companion
biggrin.gif
, at least......till the e5 comes out!

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #375 of 1,737
AFAIK, James@FiiO is sending a few people (including members here) the E5 for an early feedback before they finalize the production model. You can't really apply for it but I believe James is picking people based on their interest on the E3/E5 for the last few months.

I was offered a sample too. Hopefully I could do a preview even through the it isn't the final production yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back