FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Nov 6, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #346 of 1,737
i want one now!!

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #347 of 1,737
having spent a little time with the E3 and RE2 combo.. I really want the E5. The main selling points are: a built in clip - less hiss
I do like the improved soundstage with the E3, and the bass boost is less then I thought it would be, but its enough. I think trying to get more bass out of the RE2 would be like trying to pretending antlers on your dog is a reindeer. it just sounds forced.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #348 of 1,737
This probably is the E5 outlook. Although the producer said that it may not be the final outcome
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #353 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPods have a line out though?

And if it was the chip used in iPods it would be fine with my Cowon's headphone out, no?

Why would you use a line out only to amp the signal again with a chip that is in the ipod in the first place?

Again, why would you amp your cowon with another device utilizing the same type of chip to further degrade the signal? To each their own.

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #354 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you use a line out only to amp the signal again with a chip that is in the ipod in the first place?

Again, why would you amp your cowon with another device utilizing the same type of chip to further degrade the signal? To each their own.

You have to consider the fact that the amp section in iPod or Cowon are not designed to pump out so much power. After all, the amp in DAP need to share their battery and space with other components. Even if they are using the same opamp, a portable amp will most likely have better circuit design, output, and components than the amp section on a DAP.

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #355 of 1,737
So, then, if I hooked the E5 (or the E3 for all that matters) up to my Cowon i7 (which does not have a line out) with my Etymotic ER-4P earphones, would I hear a negative or positive difference? The chief reason for amping would be for bass, though improved SQ would be icing on the cake. I am not aware of the power differences between iPod vs. Cowon, but have heard that double amplifying via the headphone out on the iPod is fairly useless-- same on the i7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back