Fiio E18
Oct 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #331 of 2,308
  Here is one of the first E18 owners.

If you have any questions regarding the FiiO E18 I can try to answer them from an end user's standpoint.

Do you own a wireless charger and, if so, have you tried using it, your S3, a wireless charger, a receiver (either the OEM wireless back cover or a third-party receiver placed over the battery) and the E18 together?  My understanding is that the E18's charger doesn't kick in while you're listening to the DAC section.  I'd love to know if a Qi charger does.

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #332 of 2,308
  Do you own a wireless charger and, if so, have you tried using it, your S3, a wireless charger, a receiver (either the OEM wireless back cover or a third-party receiver placed over the battery) and the E18 together?  My understanding is that the E18's charger doesn't kick in while you're listening to the DAC section.  I'd love to know if a Qi charger does.

Sorry I am not using such a charger so I don't know.
Right, while using the E18 as a DAC it does not charge the phone.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #335 of 2,308
Anyone know where in HK I can get one? Are they in most of the retail shops or only directly from Fiio at the moment?

I was at the Wan Chai electronics mall last week and one of the shops told me that they were expecting it in about a month. I would like to know if it can be had sooner here in HK as well.

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #336 of 2,308
I was at the Wan Chai electronics mall last week and one of the shops told me that they were expecting it in about a month. I would like to know if it can be had sooner here in HK as well.

As I said it is in stock in a store at Golden Arcade Computer Centre. And today a saw it at one of the shops at basement floor of Prosperity Building in Mong Kok. Entering from Nelson Street I think it was the second shop on the left.

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #337 of 2,308
Unfortunately i don't have any dac actually.
Waiting for some answer to my question by some owner..

Now, here is a thought.  Info display is out of E18 in comparison to E17.  Display adds thickness, weight, battery drain, and extra cost - perhaps that was a rational behind removing it.  But with usb OTG connection where your smartphone is a host and E18 is a peripheral device, why wouldn't the host can have an access with a remote display through some kind of an app/widget?  Wouldn't it make sense to develop such app/widget to work along with E18 to monitor all the extra internal functions?  Just a wishful thinking...

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #338 of 2,308
  As I said it is in stock in a store at Golden Arcade Computer Centre. And today a saw it at one of the shops at basement floor of Prosperity Building in Mong Kok. Entering from Nelson Street I think it was the second shop on the left.

Can you please post a picture of your phone next to E18?  Would be great to see how does it look stacked.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #339 of 2,308
Oct 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #340 of 2,308

Now, here is a thought.  Info display is out of E18 in comparison to E17.  Display adds thickness, weight, battery drain, and extra cost - perhaps that was a rational behind removing it.  But with usb OTG connection where your smartphone is a host and E18 is a peripheral device, why wouldn't the host can have an access with a remote display through some kind of an app/widget?  Wouldn't it make sense to develop such app/widget to work along with E18 to monitor all the extra internal functions?  Just a wishful thinking...

This is a great idea! Hope Fiio would develop an app where we can find these informations!

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #341 of 2,308

This is a great idea! Hope Fiio would develop an app where we can find these informations!

I already emailed to them directly this request :)

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #343 of 2,308
Just a couple questions regarding the E18.. if I'm using this on my computer, would I be able to plug my 3.5mm microphone into this? If not, could I use a microphone /headphone merger cord and stick it into the headphone Jack?
Also- price? I saw somebody mention around 180, but for some reason I keep thinking 150. Can anybody clarify?

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #345 of 2,308
^^^

I am sooo jealous...
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back