Fiio E18
Oct 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #2,191 of 2,308

I found a few looking around on custom computer cabling makers/sites promoting to the pc building market. Only issue is that most of them won't go smaller than 6 inches (might make smaller on request but that will probably run the cost up a fair bit.)

This is the only one I could see already made that is about the right size: http://penonaudio.com/OTG-Pure-Silver-Cable

also http://www.pexonpcs.co.uk and http://www.keyclack.com both have cables you can get made, but they only go as low as 6 inches. Keyclack also sells a DIY parts pack to make your own with decent components (as opposed to cutting up cables you have already).

Personally, I'm going to try making one, as it'll be less irritating when I need to replace or fix them. It seems reasonably straightforward, just stripping and some finicky soldering really and I have a few decent longer usb cables lying around that I can cannibalise for parts. Going to use some flexible putty for the connectors, which should fix the eventually breaking of the rigid connectors you get with the basic cables.

I ordered a E18 yesterday so I'll try using the FiiO one first, if there is one supplied, to see if it can last a while. Would love if FiiO just put out a higher quality short usb cable similar to their L16 & L17 3.5mm cables.

Also, E18 are suddenly sold out recently on most UK sites for some reason, I could only find one place here still selling it (audio sanctuary). Wondering whether if the shortage is to make way for whatever Q-model is replacing it.

Thanks for this orskar, the Pure Silver Cable looks good.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #2,193 of 2,308

Then using the E18 line out will work just fine for a headphone or speaker Amp. Enjoy.

via a digital connection it sounds louder than a linear one?

Generally, the volume doesn't have big difference. But it aslo depend on the DAC use for the coaxial out.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 11, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #2,197 of 2,308
  but he can make the sound clearer?

By "he" do you mean the cable? Clearer only if you are getting glitches and disruptions do to a defective or out of spec cable. One doesn't have to break the bank to get a cable that performs perfectly.

Nov 9, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #2,198 of 2,308
You do not need an "audiophile" cable to make things sound good. People who think so are why audiophiles are looked badly apon sometimes. If you truly think it makes a big difference, then.... Whatever floats your boat!

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #2,199 of 2,308
You do not need an "audiophile" cable to make things sound good. People who think so are why audiophiles are looked badly apon sometimes. If you truly think it makes a big difference, then.... Whatever floats your boat!

the cable has an effect on the sound, it's already proven. your post is inappropriate in this thread, better save money for a custom cable, buy it, listen, and then continue with you.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #2,200 of 2,308
indeed mate and someone just replied that it has been proven....lol
As I always say... audiophiles are like superheroes with the amazing power of super human hearing but sadly this superpower goes away when their eyesight is blocked lol

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #2,201 of 2,308
indeed mate and someone just replied that it has been proven....lol
As I always say... audiophiles are like superheroes with the amazing power of super human hearing but sadly this superpower goes away when their eyesight is blocked lol

lol,lol,lol,lol,?
you know another phrase?
if you are deaf - it does not mean that a custom cable can't improve digital audio.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,202 of 2,308
  the cable has an effect on the sound, it's already proven. your post is inappropriate in this thread, better save money for a custom cable, buy it, listen, and then continue with you.

Proven by what means? What was the process? Anecdotes or improper testing doesn't prove anything. Please be specific.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,203 of 2,308
[COLOR=111111]lol,lol,lol,lol,?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=111111]you know another phrase?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=111111]if you are deaf - it does not mean that a custom cable can't improve digital audio.[/COLOR]

Oh I got perfect hearing so sorry to disappoint your childish attack. I just don't have an overactive imagination.
There is no blind test that has shown any of this nonsense you are trying to support mate...grow up. Any time a blind test had been done they fail and come up with bogus excuses or do no want to participate.
Simple as that...no evidence so you can accept it like a man or keep fooling yourself if that makes you sleep better. It's your money so feel free to waste it anyway you like lol

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,204 of 2,308
[COLOR=111111]the cable has an effect on the sound, it's already proven. your post is inappropriate in this thread, better save money for a custom cable, buy it, listen, and then continue with you.[/COLOR]

I don't think you read my post correctly. I simply stated that you DO NOT NEED an audiophile cable.
I have tried to hear the difference between multiple cables blindfolded and the only way that you can hear a difference worth your money is if you have a Fidelio x1 with high cable impedance.
I'm sure that it makes a difference, but it's not worth the hundreds of $ audiophiles spend on them.
I didn't mean to start a flame war, pls don't pollute this thread.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2,205 of 2,308

Proven by what means? What was the process? Anecdotes or improper testing doesn't prove anything. Please be specific.

Proven - that is what I listened to and heard more detailed sound than the supplied cable, I was listening to it as amp not the DAC!
Oh I got perfect hearing so sorry to disappoint your childish attack. I just don't have an overactive imagination.
There is no blind test that has shown any of this nonsense you are trying to support mate...grow up. Any time a blind test had been done they fail and come up with bogus excuses or do no want to participate.
Simple as that...no evidence so you can accept it like a man or keep fooling yourself if that makes you sleep better. It's your money so feel free to waste it anyway you like lol

this is proven in my opinion you deaf or just haven't had the opportunity to make a comparison in the forehead
I don't think you read my post correctly. I simply stated that you DO NOT NEED an audiophile cable.
I have tried to hear the difference between multiple cables blindfolded and the only way that you can hear a difference worth your money is if you have a Fidelio x1 with high cable impedance.
I'm sure that it makes a difference, but it's not worth the hundreds of $ audiophiles spend on them.
I didn't mean to start a flame war, pls don't pollute this threa

I'm not trying to prove to you because you probably misunderstood me, I was listening to this E18 as a player, not the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back