FiiO E18: does your smartphone work with it for USB Audio? Tell us about it here and we will award you 10 internets!
Dec 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #93 of 136
Hallo, 
know you the E18 work whit iphone 6?
I wuld to buy it...

Thanks!

It might with a camera kit but dont quote me!
If you can still use the E18 as a anolog amp though with any stereo cable.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #94 of 136
It might with a camera kit but dont quote me!
If you can still use the E18 as a anolog amp though with any stereo cable.

in the end, I can safely buy it to use it as dac + amp for my mac and my iDevice use only ampo cable jack 3.5mm stereo?
Would anceh well for me, that on my computer I have no external sound card, a good solution dumb use :)

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #95 of 136
Mine is working without problems with a Nexus 5 with Lollipo.
Some issues:
-it is necessary to attach the e18 with the phone screen off. Otherwise it's impossible to shut off che screen using the standby button.
- it is necessary to connect the E18 after the Nexus 5 has already loaded the OS. Otherwise the nexus goes in provisory mode

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #98 of 136
Samsung galaxy Tab S T800 working like a charm. Android 4.4.2, mini OTG cable provided by Fiio. Works natively, tested SoundCloud, My cloud Player, Neutron, PowerAmp and Youtube.

edit.: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 working too.

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #100 of 136
Bought the FiiO e18 for the use with a Huawei Ascned P6.
The P6 recognizes the e18 and the Buttons work (Play/Pause etc...), but the Sound is just coming out of the speakers...
--> P6 can't handle to bring the Sound through the USB-Interface, because of it's fu***** UI -.-'

I managed to work with USB Audio Player, but within this Player the Buttons doesn't work. So for right now, i'm not able to use ALL of the features the e18 has got, with my Smartphone.

Would be great, if there comes an Update on the part of Huawei to fix that...

Did you manage to get this running? Bought a Huawei Mate 7 and was wondering, if it works with the E18.

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #101 of 136
Sony Xperia z3 works like it should using native Walkman app.

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #102 of 136
it works just fine with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE. although i need to know one thing, i cant change EQ settings in the native music app. can some one tell me some android music player where the EQ would work when it is used. 

btw, i used both my Sennheiser HD 518 and Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro 250Ω and both work just fine. (i know 990 needs more power but they sound just fine for me. my O2 ODAC is on the way for them 990 pros :wink: )

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #103 of 136
  it works just fine with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE. although i need to know one thing, i cant change EQ settings in the native music app. can some one tell me some android music player where the EQ would work when it is used. 

btw, i used both my Sennheiser HD 518 and Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro 250Ω and both work just fine. (i know 990 needs more power but they sound just fine for me. my O2 ODAC is on the way for them 990 pros :wink: )

Most Android music app will let you use their built EQ and tone controls, however the downside is that those apps won't bypass the Android framework and will be limited to 16/48k so if you have hi rez files they will be down sampled/converted.Think of this like Windows's "direct sound" except you can't select sampling rate. The native app you use most likely bypasses Android framework to playback the files as pure as it can be, at least in my case it surely does. If you only have CD rips then this is a non issue for you. Power amp, Neutron,Rocket should work as you asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back