FiiO E18: does your smartphone work with it for USB Audio? Tell us about it here and we will award you 10 internets!
May 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #61 of 136
Lmao!!

Yeah it really brings the music alive; something I felt the Z1c was lacking in was sheer power. I always played it at max volume before, because it just wasn't loud enough for me, plus adjusting the eq to the way I wanted (I'm a bit of a basshead as well as a mids lover) induced quite a bit of distortion. Of course the Z1c is fine for most ppl but I'm coming from an iPhone 4 with the Denon Audio app.
But now with the E18, I can turn it up to almost ear bleeding levels and the music is still nice and clear with good instrument separation as well as good, extended bass with a fair bit of impact (not an audiophile, just going with what I think are the correct terms)

May 23, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #63 of 136
Good news tr1ppy!
Appreciate that dude.

It's gonna cost me a kidney but I think this represents the closest thing to my ideal portable rig that I've seen.

So....who needs a kidney?
I don't need a kidney, but I can sell you an e18 for $145 :D. Scrapping it and getting the cayin c6 since it's more intended for iphone.

May 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #64 of 136
I have an LG-P870 (LG Escape 870) and it does not recognize the Fiio E18 at all using the usb port. And connecting using the 3.5 mm provided only minimal improvement sound and amplification. I thought the E18 would really boost the volume but it didn't.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #65 of 136
Currently I am using mine with the Samsung S5. Sadly so far it only works with the USB Audio Player. Hopefully updated will address this.

Scott

Jun 20, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #66 of 136
Phone: Sony Z Ultra (C6802)
Android: 4.4.2
Compatible App: ALL (eg: walkman, kkbox, spotify, youtube etc etc)

Laptop: Macbook Pro 15" Retina (2012 mid)
OS X (mavericks)
Compatible App: ALL......

hope this help.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #68 of 136
I have a Fiio E17 and Sony Xperia Z2 (OS: Android 4.4.2 (Official Stock)). The E17 works flawlessly as a USB DAC through a USB OTG cable, using just the default Walkman player app to play music. Just need to have the Settings>Sound>Hi-res USB Audio box ticked. 

Since even E17 works, I assume E18 should work fine as well.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #69 of 136
Bought the FiiO e18 for the use with a Huawei Ascned P6.
The P6 recognizes the e18 and the Buttons work (Play/Pause etc...), but the Sound is just coming out of the speakers...
--> P6 can't handle to bring the Sound through the USB-Interface, because of it's fu***** UI -.-'

I managed to work with USB Audio Player, but within this Player the Buttons doesn't work. So for right now, i'm not able to use ALL of the features the e18 has got, with my Smartphone.

Would be great, if there comes an Update on the part of Huawei to fix that...

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #71 of 136
I'm using my E18 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, it sounds great 99% of the time, but every few minutes, there's a very slight blip that skips about half a second of a song. It is extremely frustrating. Any advice?

I've used a whole bunch of players including Rocket, Neutron, and Poweramp, as well as the music software on android. I'm using USB Audio Player PRO now, and it works the best by far.
I've turned off almost everything in the tablet and it still happens. I've turned off every other app, wifi, bluetooth, power saving, everything in the settings.
I've muted the audio in the tablet OS and gone into airplane mode.
I'm using Android 4.4.2

With all of this, it still does the blip every few minutes. Help!

Aug 16, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #72 of 136
Currently I am using mine with the Samsung S5. Sadly so far it only works with the USB Audio Player. Hopefully updated will address this.

Scott

reallyy?? that is extremely surprising.

I have a verizon samsung galaxy s5 (kit kat 4.4.2) and I could get my ud110v2 dac working with ALL audio (spotify, pandora, random music player) via eForCity® Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QX7KYU/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kinda surprising that the e18, which is designed to work with android phones, would have any issues.

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #73 of 136
Just got an update request from my Sony Xperia z1c to update it to Android 4.4.4

I already have android 4.4.2 and the E18 works flawlessly with it (i.e. all apps work with it)

Does anyone know if there any compatibility issues between android 4.4.4 and the E18?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #75 of 136
Works fantastic with my Note 3 on 4.4.2 with any player I use.  It doesn't work on my Nexus 7 (2013), but I haven't tried using it with USB Audio Player Pro as I bought that a while ago to play WAVs I make with synthesizer and DAW apps on the devices.  :)  I'll have to give that a try, but right now I' ripping my favorite CDs again in WAV for conversion to AIFF as I've found too many errors and quality issues with my 320 Kbps CBR stuff.  I noticed the quality issues when rendering my own masters and using LAME to make MP3s, and finding the weird bass shifts and lack of "air" to the tracks.  The bass shifts caused odd muddiness that you'd only notice if you heard the master or compared the source WAV to the rendered MP3.  So now I'm using AIFF rendered through a template I'm tweaking in Platinum Notes, and then using its conversion either from the master WAV to MP3 (with tweaked template) or a straight conversion from the corrected AIFF to an MP3 with no compression, expansion, pitch, or volume adjustments.  I knew the MP3 problem was bad, but hooking this thing up and driving several different sets of headphones to it kind of amplified it.

As for the random "pop" or "glitch," I get that on rare occasions too, but I've noticed that it's pretty similar to the random glitches I get when the phone is checking for email or whatever and just using the normal headphone jack.  Also, I've noticed that even with long (4+ hours) of use with a computer, it's never clicked or popped at all.  So I just wrote it off to the phone.  It's another reason why I'll probably go to an X5 or something similar within the year, as I need a lot of storage and would like to just use the AIFF files all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back