fiio e17
Mar 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #31 of 43
I am wondering if anyone know of any reviews/comparison between HRT streamer II and fiio e17, DAC only obviously.

Although I haven't found any direct comparison, I am guessing the DAC quality of HRT Streamer II is better but is there a significant difference?

When I say "significant difference", I am asking if there are any noticeable differences that are audible in casual listening.

Thank you in advance for any feedbacks. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #32 of 43
I find this a very interesting release from fiio. I think I will pass on  it though as I like to listen only at home. But it seems to be a great portable device. Would love to try it though in an AB situation.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #33 of 43

Quote:
I am wondering if anyone know of any reviews/comparison between HRT streamer II and fiio e17, DAC only obviously.

Although I haven't found any direct comparison, I am guessing the DAC quality of HRT Streamer II is better but is there a significant difference?

When I say "significant difference", I am asking if there are any noticeable differences that are audible in casual listening.

Thank you in advance for any feedbacks. 

that and some other amps like the D7 and other ibasso and other one's in this range should also be compared. however what the E17 has an the others don't have ...is everything. As in features for everybody. You want an OLED screen? EQ? Sleep Timer? Sensitive IEM's? Sure! Turn the gain to 0 and enjoy the 60 digital volume steps :) AUX in or optical or coaxil or usb? which one? how about all of them(not simualtaneously) Power? 215mW @32 ohms. Line out optoin to bypass the amp so i can use my own? Yep, get the L7. Can I use this as a dedicated DAC? Yes. Is it small? YEs 

basically..yeah

Quote:
I find this a very interesting release from fiio. I think I will pass on  it though as I like to listen only at home. But it seems to be a great portable device. Would love to try it though in an AB situation.

yea we need more comparissons

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #35 of 43
that and some other amps like the D7 and other ibasso and other one's in this range should also be compared. however what the E17 has an the others don't have ...is everything. As in features for everybody. You want an OLED screen? EQ? Sleep Timer? Sensitive IEM's? Sure! Turn the gain to 0 and enjoy the 60 digital volume steps :) AUX in or optical or coaxil or usb? which one? how about all of them(not simualtaneously) Power? 215mW @32 ohms. Line out optoin to bypass the amp so i can use my own? Yep, get the L7. Can I use this as a dedicated DAC? Yes. Is it small? YEs 

basically..yeah

yea we need more comparissons

Thank you for the input but i was thinking more in line of desktop set up. I will mostly use it with desktop amp to power hd 650. With that in mind, purely on DAC aspect would you recommend it over HRT Streamer II? Thanks again for any input.

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #36 of 43

Quote:
Thank you for the input but i was thinking more in line of desktop set up. I will mostly use it with desktop amp to power hd 650. With that in mind, purely on DAC aspect would you recommend it over HRT Streamer II? Thanks again for any input.

Your user picture looks familiar. 

Anyway. I would recommend doing one thing. Go to
http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought

flip through. pages 50-80 and 100-120 are the best. do i want you to read it? no. Basically the only way to compare the HRT to the fiio right now is to ask someone. You have to ask someone that has both the E17 and HRT Streamer 2 to know for sure. PM them. go to this thread and the HRT streamer 2 one(if there is)

I've been on head-fi a long time. In the end. Most newbies don't get real answers as people that would say HRT or others that say E17 have never heard the two of them. There are all these biases and stuff on head fi yes. and i must also apologize. Most people that are knowledgeable and know the bias don't go into actual forums but stay in members lounge and trickle out sometimes(that's me as well)

You could make a thread asking about E17 and HRT and also some ibasso's and maybe some audioengine's DAC's and what not or even the E10 as it has the same DAC as the E17 but just no features and not as much power(but can also line out) and is only $80. many choices here. And more importantly ask if they and which devices they have DIRECT experience with comparing. Back when i was a newb, i didn't do this as well and i know how easy it is to get caught up and just throw out suggestions i have never heard(sometimes it may still be a problem). but that is beyond now. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #37 of 43

Quote:
Your user picture looks familiar. 

Anyway. I would recommend doing one thing. Go to
http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought

flip through. pages 50-80 and 100-120 are the best. do i want you to read it? no. Basically the only way to compare the HRT to the fiio right now is to ask someone. You have to ask someone that has both the E17 and HRT Streamer 2 to know for sure. PM them. go to this thread and the HRT streamer 2 one(if there is)

I've been on head-fi a long time. In the end. Most newbies don't get real answers as people that would say HRT or others that say E17 have never heard the two of them. There are all these biases and stuff on head fi yes. and i must also apologize. Most people that are knowledgeable and know the bias don't go into actual forums but stay in members lounge and trickle out sometimes(that's me as well)

You could make a thread asking about E17 and HRT and also some ibasso's and maybe some audioengine's DAC's and what not or even the E10 as it has the same DAC as the E17 but just no features and not as much power(but can also line out) and is only $80. many choices here. And more importantly ask if they and which devices they have DIRECT experience with comparing. Back when i was a newb, i didn't do this as well and i know how easy it is to get caught up and just throw out suggestions i have never heard(sometimes it may still be a problem). but that is beyond now. 

Thank you very much for your advice. I will do as you suggested. Have a nice day! ^^

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #42 of 43
E17 is kind of high-grade and multi-functional amplifier It has many excellent functions  with small shape and being portable. High performance design of amplifier is to ensure the quality of sound.......

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #43 of 43
First full day of using this new beast on my commute to work with my 160gb iPod, E17 & MDR-7506's combination..... and WOW!!!! In fact, its works a treat on all three of my current closed-back commute bins...

Only downside is, unlike my E7, no silicone case is supplied, but other than that, a fantastic piece of kit and well worth the additional cost...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back