FiiO E12 Review
Jun 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #166 of 418
Thank you, I think I will just get. Power won't be an issue, and i'm not looking for it to give me the best sound quality, just something to take with me in my bag for when I need it.

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #168 of 418
Quote:
Thank you, I think I will just get. Power won't be an issue, and i'm not looking for it to give me the best sound quality, just something to take with me in my bag for when I need it.

MadLustEnvy said that he liked it with the E17 by itself, so the E12 may be quite good for it. I found the sound of the E12 to be the most neutral that FiiO has ever made, whilst still having a hint of warmth that makes it fun. 

If you do decide to buy it(if your descision doesn't change) please buy from an authorized dealer. They offer the same prices you see anywhere else, are authentic, and offer the newest variant of the E12, and are actually covered by Warranty.

If you are in the U.S, MiccaStore directly or Amazon's Miccastore front MiccaDistributor is your best bet. SMI corp and MP4Nation are also authorized distributors but for U.S customers, I would recommend Micca as they are the preimier FiiO reseller in U.,S.A. And can offer quick warranty resolution in case something happens. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #171 of 418
I'm basing this off of what I know about driveability of those Hifiman's and technical the E12 should drive them as many said even the E17 could.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/4515#post_9036385

Power is not the issue here if that is the case. The 'quality' of the sound you want and are looking for would ultimately be.

So yes, the E12 is a nice affordable amp with the power. But ultimately its up to what you want to pay for the sound quality.

Wow!
Very nicely said!
"power is not the isssue....the quality of sound you want and are looking for would ultimately be"
:D
Sweet!

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #172 of 418
Quote:
Wow!
Very nicely said!
"power is not the isssue....the quality of sound you want and are looking for would ultimately be"
biggrin.gif

Sweet!

And the regret syndrome sets in. 
tongue_smile.gif

Any time I get quoted and complimented. I think to myself, I should have spent more time on that phrase to clarify, make points etc so that I seem even more Panda-licious than I already am.

But then after I think about it. I go, NAH. 
cool.gif
 Everything I say is already fabulous.

But thanks.

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #173 of 418
And the regret syndrome sets in. 
tongue_smile.gif

Any time I get quoted and complimented. I think to myself, I should have spent more time on that phrase to clarify, make points etc so that I seem even more Panda-licious than I already am.

But then after I think about it. I go, NAH. 
cool.gif

Everything I say is already fabulous.

But thanks.

LOL..........already fabulous! :D

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #174 of 418
Hey guys.

I was just wondering about the EMI issues with the E12. I recall reading somewhere that the EMI issues are REALLY bad, even picking up noise from a WiFi network. Does the final model of the E12 have this problem?

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #175 of 418
Quote:
Hey guys.

I was just wondering about the EMI issues with the E12. I recall reading somewhere that the EMI issues are REALLY bad, even picking up noise from a WiFi network. Does the final model of the E12 have this problem?

I have never had any problems with EMI. 

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #176 of 418
Jul 2, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #177 of 418
Just received my E12 by post from Hong Kong this morning. I must say so far I am not particularly impressed. The volume knob is so stiff I can barely turn it hopefully this will improve. It certainly didn't make any real improvement to my android phone or tablet when I plugged it in. I am waiting on an X3 so maybe this will be better suited to this. I will charge my i pod classic and hopefully I will see a bigger difference. Maybe I'm expecting a little too much out of the box. I left it behind me this morning at home as it may need time to bed in. I have an Astell & Kern AK 120 also coming next month I was hoping this will do the trick but as of today it looks unlikely or maybe my  24K plug 3.5mm to 3.5mm Hifi interconnect aux cable will step it up a gear
[size=13.333333969116211px] [size=13.333333969116211px]  [/size]
[/size]

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #178 of 418
Quote:
Just received my E12 by post from Hong Kong this morning. I must say so far I am not particularly impressed. The volume knob is so stiff I can barely turn it hopefully this will improve. It certainly didn't make any real improvement to my android phone or tablet when I plugged it in. I am waiting on an X3 so maybe this will be better suited to this. I will charge my i pod classic and hopefully I will see a bigger difference. Maybe I'm expecting a little too much out of the box. I left it behind me this morning at home as it may need time to bed in. I have an Astell & Kern AK 120 also coming next month I was hoping this will do the trick but as of today it looks unlikely or maybe my  24K plug 3.5mm to 3.5mm Hifi interconnect aux cable will step it up a gear
[size=13.333333969116211px] [size=13.333333969116211px]  [/size]
[/size]

The stiff knob is an issue listed in my review, but its stiffness is also intentional as this is a portable unit. Many will use CIEM's or IEM's with it so to prevent blowing your ears, a bit of stiffness is there

You get used to it and it gets looser as you use it

What other amps do you use?

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #179 of 418
Oh boy how wrong I was... After this little amp spent the last 10 hrs working hard its has improved vastly and would surely win the bang for the buck title so easily. This is my first portable amp as such unless you want to add my Fiio e 17 which I sold recently. I can only imagine how the AK 120 with 24 bit flac files will sound. They are on my HTC one at present and they still sound mightly impressive. OK the volume knob has my fingertips worn but I suppose I'll get over it. X3 fiio is coming next week and August for the AK..

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #180 of 418
Quote:
Oh boy how wrong I was... After this little amp spent the last 10 hrs working hard its has improved vastly and would surely win the bang for the buck title so easily. This is my first portable amp as such unless you want to add my Fiio e 17 which I sold recently. I can only imagine how the AK 120 with 24 bit flac files will sound. They are on my HTC one at present and they still sound mightly impressive. OK the volume knob has my fingertips worn but I suppose I'll get over it. X3 fiio is coming next week and August for the AK..

You get used to the volume knob/it gets more usable after a while.

Dirt does and will get into the volume knob. You can tell it is there when if you turn the volume knob and you hear a scratching/grainy sound.Compressed air and cleaning of the dirt stuck inside will fix this issue just thought I'd let you know. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back