FiiO E12 Review
May 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #122 of 418
The Mixamp is an amp which also mixes a nice, refeshing alcoholic beverage which should be consumed in moderation:p

May 7, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #123 of 418
(I did ask this question on your youtube channel - but ill ask you here in more detail)

Hi! First of all, I'm a newbie in the audiophile world and I can't believe it took me so long to get into it! :p I need your help!
I currently have the Fiio e17 and let me just say it's awesome and I love it! Now, I decided to leave it for home-use as a DAC/Amp since (I guess) my inner OCD wants it be left in a specific place beside my computer along with my headphone.. But enough about that.

My question is I'm debating whether to get the e12 or e11 as my "on the go" amp. Size-wise, the e12 looks 2x as big and doesn't seem as portable. Is the size difference worth it in terms of sound quality? The price of e11 is half of the e12. Also, have you tried the C&C BH? It seems very portable and from what i've read has better SQ than e11.

Not sure if it matters, but I will be using the amp with an ipod touch along with ATH-M50 and Vsonic GR07 mk2. In terms of the music I listen to its very random, from Daft Punk to Michael Buble to Simple Plan to Jazz.

Hope you can give me your insight on this! :D Thanks!

May 7, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #125 of 418
I think size of E12 and price is justified.

There is another member that did a E12 and CC review. :)

Those headphones dont really require an amp. You dont need something expensive for them really.

Ive only had limited time with athm50 but have borrowed gr07 mk2 for two weeks.
The vsonic would pair better with the e12, but then again

I didnt think it was absolutely necessary to use an amp.

Dont remember ath m50 needs but if its like other people, it should be an efficient headphone.

May 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #126 of 418
I'm going to be travelling a lot soon and wanted an amp to take that wouldn't take ages to replace since my Headstage 3G took quite a while to get. I wanted to know how this stacks up in terms compared to the Headstage Arrow? I use the E07k as my DAC with the 3G but wouldn't mind taking it with me if the E12 is a good alternative.

May 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #127 of 418
Quote:
I think size of E12 and price is justified.

There is another member that did a E12 and CC review.
smily_headphones1.gif

Those headphones dont really require an amp. You dont need something expensive for them really.

Ive only had limited time with athm50 but have borrowed gr07 mk2 for two weeks.
The vsonic would pair better with the e12, but then again

I didnt think it was absolutely necessary to use an amp.

Dont remember ath m50 needs but if its like other people, it should be an efficient headphone.

Thanks, I think I'm going to go with E12. This hobby is turning to be more expensive by the minute. :p I'm also planning to get the HE400 soon (if my wallet allows it) so it might work better with it?

May 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #130 of 418
I am thinking of buying a fiio e12 to pair it with my Cowon x9. I wonder if it could increase the power of my x9 and improve the sound. I am a little hesitant in buying the amp because my x9 does not have a LOD. Also if I pair it with my Galaxy Note 2 the Cellular and Wifi signal would ruin the experience.

May 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #131 of 418
Quote:
I am thinking of buying a fiio e12 to pair it with my Cowon x9. I wonder if it could increase the power of my x9 and improve the sound. I am a little hesitant in buying the amp because my x9 does not have a LOD. Also if I pair it with my Galaxy Note 2 the Cellular and Wifi signal would ruin the experience.

"Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet"
\
It will increase power, but what do you need that increase in driving power for?

May 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #132 of 418
I ended up switching the source to a Rockboxed iPod with a LOD to the e12 but FWIW I did not get much interference on the amp from my HTC phone.  However, I did not keep the phone and amp banded together - the phone was on a belt holster and the amp in a pocket or in a cheapo belt clip.  

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #133 of 418
Oops. Never mind.

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #135 of 418
Quote:
Hey, I'm considering a Fiio product for Grado SR80i running through either an iMac or iPhone (about 50/50) usage. Would you recommend the E12 or the E07k for my situation?

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

Out of the two, I would recommend the E07K considering that you want to use with both a computer and portable device.

The sound of the E12 is much better than E07K, but the E07K serves multi functions.

Keep in mind that Leckerton, iBasso, HeadAmp and many other companies also have units that you could choose. Portable amp/DAC units that is. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back