FiiO E12 Review
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #91 of 418
Buying from authorized dealer guarantees warranty support(fiio doesnt encorce the official statement that only buying authorized gves you warranty. They are nice enough to give everyone with fiio products support as of last I seen. This is not official, just observation)

The price is also the same.

Buy from micca store. Same price, free shipping

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #92 of 418
Quote:
Buying from authorized dealer guarantees warranty support(fiio doesnt encorce the official statement that only buying authorized gves you warranty. They are nice enough to give everyone with fiio products support as of last I seen. This is not official, just observation)

The price is also the same.

Buy from micca store. Same price, free shipping

SMICorp is an authorized dealer, isn't it? Plus it fulfilled by Amazon prime so i get free 2 day delivery.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #95 of 418
Quote:
I bought my E12 from SMI (via Amazon) on April 12th; it arrived 2 days later.

Can I safely assume I have the V2?

Yup. I'm pretty sure that the V1's are long gone.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #96 of 418
I bought my E12 from SMI (via Amazon) on April 12th; it arrived 2 days later.

Can I safely assume I have the V2?

You do know that V2 is just Head-Fi's nickname to identify a (small) difference, right? The amp's internals aren't improved in any way. The only difference is the notes targeted by the bass boost: FiiO decided they wanted the boost to affect the more common low notes, instead of the lowest, deepest sub-bass notes (that not every song has). Like, the boost affects notes on the bass guitar, whereas before it only boosted the atmospheric bass of something like a building falling in the distance. So, I guess I could say, one was a cinematic bass boost, the mass market boost (like in the one you got) is more musical? Meh, it's not that different, don't even worry about it :)

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #97 of 418
Quote:
Meh, it's not that different, don't even worry about it
smily_headphones1.gif

That's right ... as long as you have v1 lol! 
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #98 of 418
Quote:

Yup. I'm pretty sure that the V1's are long gone.

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
You do know that V2 is just Head-Fi's nickname to identify a (small) difference, right? The amp's internals aren't improved in any way. The only difference is the notes targeted by the bass boost: FiiO decided they wanted the boost to affect the more common low notes, instead of the lowest, deepest sub-bass notes (that not every song has). Like, the boost affects notes on the bass guitar, whereas before it only boosted the atmospheric bass of something like a building falling in the distance. So, I guess I could say, one was a cinematic bass boost, the mass market boost (like in the one you got) is more musical? Meh, it's not that different, don't even worry about it
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought that's what the difference was, but I wasn't entirely sure.
Thanks for nailing it down.

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #99 of 418
Quote:
You do know that V2 is just Head-Fi's nickname to identify a (small) difference, right? The amp's internals aren't improved in any way. The only difference is the notes targeted by the bass boost: FiiO decided they wanted the boost to affect the more common low notes, instead of the lowest, deepest sub-bass notes (that not every song has). Like, the boost affects notes on the bass guitar, whereas before it only boosted the atmospheric bass of something like a building falling in the distance. So, I guess I could say, one was a cinematic bass boost, the mass market boost (like in the one you got) is more musical? Meh, it's not that different, don't even worry about it
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for this, it is more easy to understand by others.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 20, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #100 of 418
Just had my E12 delivered by Amazon...

Works well with Sony XBA4 :)

Good work Fiio :)

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #102 of 418
thanks for this, it is more easy to understand by others.

I'm glad it was helpful. I was pretty tired when I wrote it, and I was afraid I the description would make things more confusing. You know I like the one I have, but I understand (I think) what you are trying to achieve with the current boost effect. Benefits to each boost, but it really is a minor tweak to an optional function.

It should be noted as well that high gain was increased from 10dB on pre prod model to 16dB on retail model.

From what James told me a while back, even though I wouldn't mind if high gain was "just" 10 dB, all the E12's publicly available (including my pre-order one) are internally configured to have a high-gain at 16 dB, it's just that the design choice was changed at the last minute so the first batch of enclosures were mislabeled. The shift in the frequency position of the bass boost (and the mislabel) is the only difference. Right James?

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #103 of 418
Quote:
I'm glad it was helpful. I was pretty tired when I wrote it, and I was afraid I the description would make things more confusing. You know I like the one I have, but I understand (I think) what you are trying to achieve with the current boost effect. Benefits to each boost, but it really is a minor tweak to an optional function.
From what James told me a while back, even though I wouldn't mind if high gain was "just" 10 dB, all the E12's publicly available (including my pre-order one) are internally configured to have a high-gain at 16 dB, it's just that the design choice was changed at the last minute so the first batch of enclosures were mislabeled. The shift in the frequency position of the bass boost (and the mislabel) is the only difference. Right James?

Is that so? That would be interesting to note. Hope to hear back from James on this.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #105 of 418
Just received my e12 today. Using it with my 5th gen iPod touch, I can hear a lot of noise on the left channel whenever there's WiFi activity, otherwise its clean when I turn WiFi off. Anyone having the same issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back