FiiO E11K &A3 Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early Impressions)
Aug 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #166 of 718
does anybody know when the FiiO E11K will be up on amazon? Checked multiple times but still not there :/

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #170 of 718

What are you using as your DAP source?  Running from LO or HO?

I can't compare my E11K to E11 since I don't have one, but I honestly didn't find low gain setting on E11k to yield low volume using it from LO of X5 and AP100 and testing it with IM03, IM50, W40, HP150, KC06A, VSD3S, and even Havi B3 Pro I.  In every case sound improvement was very noticeable, comparing to DAPs built-in amp and also to E18 used as an amp.  And I was even pleased with Havi which is known to require amping where low gain setting worked quite well.  I was testing it with 320kbps mp3s and FLACs.  Plus, Dsnuts and ClieOS confirmation of E11k improvement over E11 is a very reputable confirmation :wink:

Sansa Clip+ Rockboxed and that goes louder then gain on low haha...if on high it boosts the volume spectacular!!! sound quality is not very far off with the E11,but that is my opinion....

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #171 of 718
Sansa Clip+ Rockboxed and that goes louder then gain on low haha...if on high it boosts the volume spectacular!!! sound quality is not very far off with the E11,but that is my opinion....
so the gain is louder on the original E11? Interesting.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #172 of 718

FIIO E11K MOD by Headphoneguru shop in Thailand just come out.Is that fast?

Do you mean they modded it or "MOD" as in module?  Just curious since the cover is off.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #174 of 718

On the WS99 probably not so much in fact the older E11 would probably give some extra bass for basshead performace more so than the E11K.  Sensitive iems and something like a Philips L2 and you will be able to clearly tell a difference. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #176 of 718
  What did they mod?

Battery mod? I don't trust most battery mods. As most batteries you can buy that are hi-cap are actually worse. 

He just adds a few "Not So Boutique" capacitors and charges too much money for what is changed... The same as his E12 mod... xD

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #178 of 718
  They have them in stock at BnH. where I bought mines and Adorama.com

Yea, I got mine from b&h.

I have the opposite problem as dailysmoker, where when I use iem's, even at low gain and low volume settings, it's pretty loud. I'm using a dac that outputs 2vrms, so I kinda suspected going in that this was gonna be an issue.

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #179 of 718

He just adds a few "Not So Boutique" capacitors and charges too much money for what is changed... The same as his E12 mod... xD

Won't be the last time this kind of thing happens over the internet
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back