Fiio E11 or JDS Labs CmoyBB together with a Hifiman Re262, Which has better Synergy?
Oct 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

InfernoaAcid

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

First post here, have been lurking around these parts for a while now.

I just cannot decide! Which one of those amps will be a better match with my soon-to-be-arriving HiFiMan RE262 IEM's? I know that these IEMS have a particulary nice mid sound, and maybe a slight roloff on the highs, so maybe a brighter amp can push that in the right direction?

From the E11 i know that is has a warmer sound and a tighter bass boost control, and its more portable Yet the CmoyBB has a brighter, maybe a little bit wider sound. Possibly compensating for the slightly rolled off highs?

I have found a ton of threads discussing the difference between the E11 and the CmoyBB and they all have different conclusions. Both are equally praised. Yet the E11 seems to be sold more due to its portability.

Its really frustrating because I really want to make the best choice in this case!

Thanks for reading, suggestions for other hardware are also much appreciated! As long as it stays under 100USD its fine.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Bah! You guys disappoint me! 
wink.gif
 I went for the cMoyBB's. Cause **** yeah, mints.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm egar to get my E11 and compare it to my cMoy... I know from experince that my $80 cmoy the rechargeable 2x9V bb has PLENTY o power to drive my 250ohm dt 880s, but the tighter bass and additional warmth might be nice

also... I though the cMoy had rather good bass control [compared to the Fiio E6] so again I'm egar to see which has better control and detail... I will say that the cMoy is brighter than the E6, and sadly the E6 is UBER dark and UBER sloppy... so considering the price differance between an E6 and E11 I'm assumething the E11 will countinue ot be dark. In addition the cMoy I have has more overall power to drive the head phones so again I would assume it would have better bass control with the higher Ohm cans since it has more power

although soon enough I'll know <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back