FiiO E10 vs M-audio Delta 66
Sep 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alku

New Head-Fier
I running this 13 year old M-audio delta 66 and was pretty pleased with it till now, when i began questioning stuff when i bought dt770 80 pro.
The Delta does not have an amp, and its DAC is questionable, i can hear noise without trying too much.
I was wondering if the E10 might be a better option considering it has a built in amp, and the well received WM8740 DAC
As-is, i have to crank up the volume significantly more then i had to with my 48ohm JVCs,

Also i heard the dt770 supposedly can have bass "with a mind of its own" if inadequately driven, and to be honest i do feel like the bass is everywhere with these...

I havent had luck with the xonar DGX (it gave out a lot of noise,didnt sound that great, and had physical popping noises(comping out of the computer case) when changing output types or whatever it was in the software) (this is a sub question btw, if anyone can tell me what was up with that)

Thats my question really, do you guys think getting an E10 would help these cans, or is it not worth it considering I already have the delta66.

Also another question...how would you treat USB audio as opposed to other types of connections? Im still somewhat unsure about it, being USB and all..

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 6
  if you wanna get out there and try new things, vs the 13 year old equipment you have, then i say try the e10, no harm no foul imo

Thats what i figured too
But being from eastern europe doesnt allow me to buy on impulse
So i figured i'd ask for advice on this matter and minimise the risk of an unsatisfying purchase

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 6

Thats what i figured too
But being from eastern europe doesnt allow me to buy on impulse
So i figured i'd ask for advice on this matter and minimise the risk of an unsatisfying purchase

thats understandable. imo it would be worth upgrading, but in this hobby everyone perceives things differently so one person may think one thing sounds good, others might not like it so much, but it does sound like you are looking to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back