FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Feb 10, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #511 of 622
yeah, poor fiio seems like they got conned by an arrogant and make a quick buck kinda guy. Not banning that guy is a sin

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #513 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by restevezes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably wrong place to post this, but quoting original post as this was the only reference i found. Exactly same annoying program, also noted in deal extreme website (DealExtreme: $20.61 Fiio E1 Earphone Volume Booster Power Amplifier for iPod/iPhone (White), check 2nd review).

Is this normal? I can see we are not the only ones seeing this. Did you return your item? Any tips?

It was not the only reference, I made a post to the same page before you did ;P

BUT, I returned it, they sent me a new one AND SAME PROBLEM AHHHHHHH

Could it be that it doesn't work with iPod U2 4G?! If so, "Works with all iPod" my rear side.

[offtopic]
They reimbursed the postages by sending a USB-Battery charger to my iPod, that doesn't work either.

So returned 1 flawed product, got 2 in return. Just great.[/offtopic]

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #516 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By no means an expert here, but the E7 seems to acquit itself fairly well ......... ?

Looks that way to me too. More than holds its own both as an amp and dac.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #517 of 622
I don't know what it means, but the iBasso T4 has a pretty funky looking THD curve.

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #518 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks that way to me too. More than holds its own both as an amp and dac.

Yep, looks pretty decent to me too.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #519 of 622
So the curves look pretty similar to the Clip+ (with some more noise, actually) - would I still find it provides better SQ with IEMs? The treble-roll off with the USB in seems a bit worrying, too.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #520 of 622
It's decent over line-in, as a DAC it leaves a bit to be desired. Crosstalk could to be improved in both modes - the headphone-out of my AudioFire has noticeable better stereo imaging, for example.

For the Clip and low-impedance IEMs it doesn't do anything at all - the sound stays exactly the same, not better, not worse. The hiss of the E7 with those kinds of phones is about the same as the hiss of most decent quality MP3 players.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #521 of 622
So if it provides similar SQ as a DAC as my Clip+ does as DAP, I may just as well not bother with it... Let's see if I can get an uDac then.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #523 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by avester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was not the only reference, I made a post to the same page before you did ;P

BUT, I returned it, they sent me a new one AND SAME PROBLEM AHHHHHHH

Could it be that it doesn't work with iPod U2 4G?! If so, "Works with all iPod" my rear side.

[offtopic]
They reimbursed the postages by sending a USB-Battery charger to my iPod, that doesn't work either.

So returned 1 flawed product, got 2 in return. Just great.[/offtopic]

it might be a 4G firmware problem, as i flashed mine with Rockbox and works perfect. did you try that?

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #524 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds somewhat worse as a DAC than the Clip+ sounds as a player. Disclaimer: This is with 16 Ohm phones, haven't tried anything higher impedance yet.

I find that peculiar though. ClieOS claims it sounds about the same as a Nationite s:flo2 DAP which everyone is raving about sounding oh so good? Now I am little confused, to be honest.

ClieOS, would you have a Clip+ to compare?

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #525 of 622
Yeah, the claims about that overhyped Nationite/Teclast thing are very likely BS/placebo...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back