FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Feb 7, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #497 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not normal. E1's max volume should be several time higher than the headphone-out.

Also, the volume will be reseted every time you disconnect the amp, but should not reset if you keep the amp connected ir the volume getting too loud.

I am thinking it could be a faulty E1.

I just stumbled upon this post, and realized that while my E1 is louder than the iPod's headphone-out, it's only maybe 50% or so louder. Would you say it's likely there's something up with my E1?

edit: The volume steps are also extremely small for me, which is strange considering a good number of people have suggested they're too large. Could this be related to a possible overall volume issue?

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #498 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by njackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just stumbled upon this post, and realized that while my E1 is louder than the iPod's headphone-out, it's only maybe 50% or so louder. Would you say it's likely there's something up with my E1?

edit: The volume steps are also extremely small for me, which is strange considering a good number of people have suggested they're too large. Could this be related to a possible overall volume issue?

I've found the vol steps on my E1 quite small, but my MP3s are @ 89db so they don't clip with the iPhones crappy EQ

Any updates on the E7s release date (to DX, Focalprice etc)? ??

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #499 of 622
Each step in E1 is about 1.5dB increment with maximum gain around 3dB or so, which is roughly double in volume / sound pressure level as the original signal. Unfortunately human hearing perceives 10dB as double in volume, not 3dB, so it is normal to 'feel' the volume isn't doubled.

Still no firm E7 release date yet, as that is determined by when TI will ship the chip to FiiO.

Feb 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #501 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anywhere have black E1s in stock?

Micca Store : $19.95 - FiiO E1 Headphone Amplifier (Black)

took 2 days to receive mine only trouble I had was I didn't get the Y splitter it was supposed to come with but I'll shoot them an e-mail and I'm sure they will fix it.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #506 of 622
i'm in the market of a portable DAC/amp and ClieOS' impressions for the Fiio E7 look promising... so count me in for any possible group purchases (discount?)
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #507 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that's got to be a joke. I feel a bit dirty reading that, like Fiio got taken advantage of.

People keep posting in that sale thread about the price, but those posts disappear very quickly. I guess I can understand why the mods have to do it, but still... bleh.

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #508 of 622
Yes, the mods have to clean up the FS threads. But selling an early review sample at profit after writing a half-assed review is just bleh. People have been banned for much less than that. Frankly looking at that guy's post history I'm surprised he's avoided the banhammer thus far.

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #509 of 622
I guess it should be more clear about selling review products. Before I read one of tstarn06's posts somewhere in the other thread I had no idea you couldn't sell review products. I highly doubt I'll ever get a review product anyway but wasn't aware of that.

It is unfortunate about Fiio sending out a review product and not getting much in return. They seem like a pretty good company from my experience at least.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #510 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the mods have to clean up the FS threads. But selling an early review sample at profit after writing a half-assed review is just bleh. People have been banned for much less than that. Frankly looking at that guy's post history I'm surprised he's avoided the banhammer thus far.

the thing is, i don't think he even paid for the E7 in the 1st place....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back